cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - V2

I always love seeing all of your candles, @itsfi.  You end up with some that sound so lovely!

Likewise @CookieGirl1! I love seeing everyone’s candle empties. I’ve gone into a B&BW a couple of times looking to smell some of your fave candles. I always forget  how large a selection of candles they have and end up being there longer than planned. 

March empties.... 35 empties this month, and everything was okay for me, other than the three declutters.  Brings me to 117 empties year to date towards a goal of 550 (I think)lol.  

434132543_824590673040230_3494543101328100703_n.jpg

Spoiler
Loves
433010029_1942291339523646_4107354804071354258_n.jpg
-I tried the Tree Hut Coco Colada on a whim and really enjoyed it.  I'll check out other scents next time I see some for sure.  Didn't dry out or leave a film on my skin and smelled great. 
-BB Colour Gloss -- I get a lot of grey hair... and am bad at keeping up with my at home dye jobs.  I find I can pop some of this in the hair around my face and by my part and get away with putting off a night of hair dye.  It only sits in my hair for about 5-10 minutes and doesn't stain my skin.  I can put it on, wash my hands slap on a face mask and by the time I get in the shower it's good to come off.  I should make more time for dying my hair... or you know... go see a hair dresser, but I just don't ever seem to make it a priority.  This helps me feel a little more put together until I am more put together. 
- Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin™ Skin Barrier Moisturizing Cream  has been a favourite for a few years now.  My dry skin drinks it up all winter.  I'm on another tube right now and saw that IPSY had them for like 18$, so I picked up three more for next winter.  Can't pass a deal like that.  
-Feria conditioner... left over from my last home dye.  I like this stuff.  I use it every 4-6 weeks.  
-Trader Joes Salted Caramel & Pistachio candle.  I bought a few of these last summer and put off burning them because I loved the scent lol.  This year we use what we love!  I like that the tins are recyclable, they have a lid so that I can snuff it out, or take it with me to a hotel (why do so many hotel rooms smell so... bleh?). I have other scents and will keep an eye out anytime I'm at a TJ's for other fun scents. 
- MAKE UP FOR EVER Ultra HD Matte Setting Powder This was an older version.  I quite enjoy the MUFE powders.  They blur, they don't deepen colour under my eyes, and they don't cake.  I think I have one more full size.  While I do enjoy trying new powders, I know this is one that I can always count on.
- TheraWell Steam eye mask.  These were lavender scented... but they weren't scented. I had moment or two last week where some tears were involved and these helped me get my eyes back to the way they should look.  I love having these on hand and should remember to use them more often.  
-Hydro gel eye patches... these are the sticker version and I think only 3 or 4 dollars a pack.  Combined with the steam eye masks we got my under eyes back to their normal.  Love that I can do other things with them on and not worry about them sliding around. 

434188544_1126323381743303_6757367890754559919_n.jpg
-Tony Moly Green Tea Mist.  I kept this at my desk at work and it was lovely for a mid day pick me up.  Don't think it really did anything other than that, but it had a nice fine mist to it and a very light tea scent that I enjoyed.  
-Deodorant -- I'm feeling like the Native isn't doing it for me lately... Not sure if it's just the scents I'm using at the moment or if my body is in need of a change.  The Lume worked really well, but it was messy.  Every time I used it I got white goo all over the place, on my clothes, my hands, and all over the top of the tube.  Just a mess.  I'd be willing to try the brand again, but not this format. 
- Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair! Strengthening Treatment Hair Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL I don't use a ton of oil on my hair but this one was nice.   A little goes a long way, no offensive scent at all, and it did feel like it made my ends softer. 
- Youth To The People Superfood Gentle Antioxidant Refillable Cleanser This was a mini I'd had in my travel bag.  Easy to use, basic cleanser.  I use it when I travel in combo with a oil cleanser and I have no complaints.  I have a few more mini's and travel size that I'm happy to use.  Only downside is also an upside... glass container is great to recycle, but heavy and breakable for travel. 
- Smashbox Priming Water... Did they stop making these?  I put this in a project pan as I'd forgotten I even had it.  Lovely product.  I enjoy facial sprays of all sorts.  I'd buy this again if I saw them. I liked the scented versions. 
- Food and Heel Peeling mask -- I wear an 8.5 and these jusssst fit my feet so buyer beware.  I've done a few of these foot peels in the past and had good results, then I did one and my entire foot (top especially)suffered a chemical burn.  I had to take a few years before being willing to do this again.  Luckily this time it went well.  My feet started to peel about a week after use, and peeled for about a week.  They were a little dry after that for a few days but they did help my heels feel a lot softer and I'm happy with that!
- Dr. Jart Peeling Mask -- This one was easy to use.  Unsure how much peeling action happened, but there were no ill effects.  I have a coup of these.  Will try to use them more often to see if I notice anything marked... but I feel like single use doesn't normally offer too much... it's all about the cumulative effect. 
- Josie Maran Daily Defense SPF 30.  I like this one in the winter months.  It's VERY moisturising and leaves a cast.  For me, that's all fine.  It helps me out in the dry dry months, but it's too much for me in the summer.  I also prefer a higher SPF.  50/50 odds on a repurchase here. 

MEH
432997811_1126626248605086_1702587497158870229_n.jpg
-I used to use Alterna Caviar line quite consistently and after using this bottle... I don't remember why I loved it so much?  It sure wasn't much as a conditioner let a lone a mask.  I used it up, but wouldn't buy again.
- Sephora collection salicylic pads.  These take up a lot of space in my stash and they dry out if you aren't using them right away.  While I can see why they'd be good for some people in some situations, I think the delivery method just isn't my jam currently.  I feel like I could waste less product by using my fingers and save space and cotton rounds by just using a liquid product.  Finishing these up, did however remind me that it would be nice to have a salicylic product of some sort in my stash for break outs. 
-Tony Moly Jelly Cleanser.  This stuff says just one drop... and they mean it.  I think this was in my shower for almost a year.  It foams up nicely and cleanses well.  That said... I have other cleansers I'd rather try out than buy this again.  I think I faced fatigue with this product and how long I was using it. 
-Living Proof Night Cap.  This is interesting... I like the idea, but I shower at night, so I really had to plan when to use it.  I also kinda wonder about getting it on my pillow at night since I tend to roll around.  No real difference in my hair with the two uses in this tube but... I'm not going to rush to buy this. 
- caliray So Blown Blurring & Hydrating Collagen Peptide Primer With Niacinamide 1 oz / 30 ml This was gifted and I was glad to try it out, and it wasn't a chore to use it, but I'm not convinced it helped my make up last longer.  I did notice that it did mattify my shiney SPF products, so if I weren't going to wear a foundation over it, it could take down shine and blur pores a bit.  Thats just not my situation. 
- MAC Mascara ... This is a plastic nibbs type wand.  I prefer natural bristle brushes.  It was okay, but nothing spectacular. Didn't smudge or flake like crazy, but didn't wow either.
- stila Stay All Day® Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner I know this is a cult fav for many, but I prefer a brush tip.  And I don't do a winged liner very often so this dried out in very few uses.  I also found that it wasn't very black, it took building up and when I'm trying to get wings even that's not something that helps. 
- Joe Fresh Eyeliner... I used this between 5 and 7 days a week for 13 months in a project pan.  And it was used before I started panning it.  It was a great consistency.  Good colour for me.  Didn't smudge in my lash line.  But fatigue.  Ya.  I'm glad to be using some of my other liners. 
- Pacifica Face Masks -- These were both VERY dry.  100% my fault as I'm pretty sure they expired two years ago.  
-Alterna Caviar Lengthening elixer.  Ya... I have long hair to start, and no 10ml sample is going to grow hair at a noticed rate.  It also smelled kinda... fishy? 
-  Erno Laszlo modling mask. This is kinda fun to do when I feel in the mood to mix ingredients.  I do think one packet is enough to do a full face and neck and dec.  No noticeable lifting or firming, but again... single use likely wouldn't.  I have more of these I'll get through this year.  At full price I likely wouldn't buy.  
- Sweet Chef Beet Mask.  The fit on this!! lol, it was so long.  I tried cutting and folding it a bit but it wasn't staying on very well.  Cute little designs on the mask, but if it can't stay on....

Declutters 
434241860_756556466447721_1118394651811613523_n.jpg
This shampoo and conditioner is something I've been trying to get through for over a year.  I find they make my hair feel sticky and straw like.  It's hard to brush after using.  I was trying to use them when I had no where to go and that's just silly.  I have other products that I actually like.  The spray is quite old.  It was about half full and then I tried to get through it this month.  There was no greater shine using this than not using it.  The sprayer got clogged and I couldn't be bothered to try unplugging it.  Goodbye. 

@missjeanie  Wow! Great job! 

@ather Thanks!

Wow!!! You did an amazing job working through your things @missjeanie. I spy quite a few sheet masks; good for you! 👊🏼 And some items from your panning project - woohoo! 🙌🏼 

@itsfi I had some good spurts where I felt like I was going through a few empties a day at one point.  Trying hard to get myself back on the masking bandwagon!

It's fantastic when you hit that point where you're seeing a lot of empties, isn't it? What would you say would be an ideal masking cadence for you @missjeanie - how many times per week would you feel good about?

@itsfi I'd be happy if I could get three a week in... but I really feel like it just depends on how my week is going.  My mini goal is to get two in every weekend this month.  I know I'll have a bit more time when I wake up on weekends so hoping that can get me on track again.  I'm doing better with slapping a wash off on before I shower, even if I only leave it on for 5 minutes, but I feel like using a sheet mask should be for after I shower... and by then, it's like how fast can I slap on my skincare and get to sleep lol.  

I need to find a way to habit stack my sheet masks!!

When do you take off your makeup @missjeanie? At the end of the day when you are unwinding and before calling it a night or right after you get home from work? 

I was able to get in more time to sheet mask when I split up my evening skincare routine - part 1 is done pretty quickly after I get in the house (provided I'm not going out again) and it's all steps up through serum and then I put on a sheet mask and ... in an ode to habit stacking, then went about doing something else for 20-30 minutes, like making dinner, packing my lunch for the next day, doing laundry, taking care of bills, checking email, logging on BIC or reading, etc. Then after removing the mask, I'll apply my moisturizer. Part 2 is before I call it a night - I'll apply a face oil or a sleeping mask. 

Or, if you prefer to mask in the morning - skincare routine up to serum, then sheet mask and sip coffee (easier if it's iced), go through some work emails or do some work, read the newspaper, unload the dishwashing machine, do my hair, etc.Then remove mask, get dressed for the day, apply moisturizer and sunblock and then makeup routine.

I haven't been sheet masking as often as I used to, and it'll probably be even less so once the warm weather settles in, but if you're able to break up your skincare routine, that can get you some masking time as well as another few activities of habit. If you figure out a habit stack taht works for you that includes sheet masking, I'd be very interested in hearing about it. Will keep my eye on the Habit Stacking Thread 📚 

@itsfi You hit the nail on the head here... Lately I've been getting home late and so I don't take my make off until right before I shower.  When I was masking more often I was better at getting home earlier and taking my make up off right away.  

While I love the idea of getting up earlier to mask in the morning... That's just never going to happen.  I sleep until the last minute possible in the mornings.  

I need to create some kind of 'home from work' routine where I get into the habit of splitting up my skincare like you're talking about.  Evening smoothie?  Martini? Margarita?  and a mask?  Okay... I'm workshopping this!  lol

@missjeanie, if you are able to come up with a "home from work" skincare routine that works for you, it can be so good. Even though my skincare routine is muuuuuch more pared down than it was back in the day (hello, 17+ products/steps!!! 😬), breaking it up has been really good for making sure I remove my makeup before going to bed and for helping me just not feel so rushed when it comes time to get ready for bed. A martini? A margarita? Those work. 😀 

Wow!! Great job 👍 @missjeanie 

Thanks @scott1201 seeing myself use things up helps when I'm making lists of stuff to buy next weekend lol. 

35 Empties is impressive, @missjeanie!  You even got through a lot of full-sizes 😲

@CookieGirl1 lol the bag under my sink was overflowing this month!

@missjeanie lol, I can understand why 😄.

Great job @missjeanie !  I have also been decluttering more things that I just don’t like. I hate to waste things but sometimes you just have to.

@faeriegirl So hard for me to do... slowly but surely I hope to get there!  

March empties and declutter: 39 (120/500)

IMG_20240401_131102616.jpg

 Loves ⬆️⬇️

IMG_20240401_131220584.jpg

⬆️⬇️ Loves 

IMG_20240401_131734900.jpg

 Loves⬆️⬇️

IMG_20240401_131928382.jpg

IMG_20240401_131300182.jpg

Spoiler
The elf actually made my face feel icky, I didn't like the way it felt after it absorbed.
The DE ughh this took forever to use up, if I used it on my face, I broke out with red splotches, so I used it to remove swatches on my hands or arms.
I absolutely hated this pink pepper kay ali

IMG_20240401_131922179.jpg

Spoiler
These are declutter, I finally just pitched what I knew was too old

@lmaster  Excellent job on using your products 🥰. You went through lots of sheet masks!  And declutter several products too👏

10,778 Replies
testing