cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - V2

December Empties = 20

20230108_132844.jpg

@Mellmars1185  Great job!! 

@ather Thank you 😊

@Mellmars1185 nice job!! 🙌

@lmaster Thanks!

@Mellmars1185 nice job!  Question--was the candle no bueno?  It still looks half full.

@CookieGirl1 Good eye! I was quite impressed with this candle. I purchased it at the local dollar store. It was a berry scented 1 wick candle. It lasred about 1 month with me burning it about once per day for at least a couple of hours. The only down side was it didnt burn evenly. Any tips or tricks on how to get the wax off the side? Eventually the wick burned down to the bottom of the glass.

@Mellmars1185  To fix a candle like that all you need to do is tent some tin foil on top of the candle and let it burn and it will create enough heat that it will burn evenly! I’ve also used a metal candle lid to do the same thing. 

@ather Great tip - Thank you! I will try this the next time it happens 😊

@Mellmars1185 oh, how funny that it tunneled so badly!  I actually don't know what one does about that; I've never had that happen before but I'm sure that you could Google it if you were curious enough.

@Mellmars1185  Good job with empties.  I really like lavender scent hand soap’s and Glow Recipe products too.

@Cissy63 Thank you!

First empties of the year! Mostly samples, which I’m really focusing on working through.

BA0D60D5-76E3-4914-883B-DC8CBAE930F1.jpeg

Pimple patches: I had a few left in the COSRX (still the best!) and got a sample of Mighty Patch just in time for a hormonal break out! Happy new year!

Laneige Choco Mint mini lip mask- I bought a sampler pack of these, and they’re nice, but once I’m through with these I’m just gonna stick with my Smith’s Rosebud Salve because I’m boring but it works! (These are fun, though, and definitely are nice to slather on both last thing at night & second thing in the morning to battle toothpaste drying the lips.)

The Ordinary Niacinamide- I don’t think this did much for me, but that’s fine. That’s what I like about The Ordinary for me so far: It’s been either really effective or kind of does nothing but doesn’t do anything bad and was affordable, and I get an idea of what I may want to splurge or save on.

Ahava Dead Sea Hand lotion travel size- I was saving this for my bag, but I have so many little hand creams I went ahead and used this as an after shower lotion so it wouldn’t go bad. No scent and very nourishing, I was impressed!

Tarte Maracuja C Brighter Eye Treatment sample- I LOVE this stuff, and I’m always so happy to get samples. It’s freakish how many uses I got out of this little packet!

Pixi Glow Tonic- I swear by this stuff and always have a bottle going, I just figured I’d use this sample up while it’s fresh then clean out & save the bottle so I can decant and use it for travel when the time comes. I’ve tried a lot of AHA toners that were good, but I guess it’s the combo of other things they put in here that just makes it special.

Dermalogica Clearing Defense sample-  Happy to try this with my current breakout, plus I love that it has SPF. Unfortunately, while it’s nice on its own, it pilled with my primer.

PTR Hydrating Moisturizer- Always a great sample to get!

It Cosmetics Hello Results Retinol cream- So fantastic that I jumped on buying a full size very recently when a certain other makeup store had it half off in their skincare sale. I highly recommend this as the cream is fantastic

alone, but the added retinol is amazing.

@moreotter  Great job! Do you think the Cosrx patch is better than the mighty patch? I love the Cosrx ones too. But I’ve been curious to try other ones. 

Thank you! Personally, I do. The Mighty Patch is actually the exact same construction as the patch sold on Shop Miss A that's a dollar a sheet (so if you wanna try something out for curiosity, that may be a good way to go), and while they're good, I've gotten much more consistent results from COSRX.

@moreotter great job!! Loving knowing your thought about everything

Thank you! I'm really not trying to take up room; I just love watching empties videos and seeing reviews for guidance on what to buy myself, so I'm trying to copy the cool kids a bit and hopefully be a little helpful with mini reviews, haha.

Great job, @moreotter!  

@moreotter  Lots of great products you used up.  I also like Ahava products, their face wash has a refreshing feel and light scent.

@moreotter Excellent empties. I am currently usimg thr Mint Choco Laneige mask!

Thank you! I started with that flavor since I thought it fit the season best. ☺️

10,744 Replies
testing