Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - 2019

Seeing product empties is so satisfying Smiley Happy

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - 2019

So I never post empties. The only stuff I ever finish is skincare and shower products. These are all loves. Paula's Choice Clear pore normalising cleanser, and Clear anti redness exfoliating solution (this is 2% bha). Also Paula's Choice 8% aha gel. I'm a big fan of these products and have repurchased a couple times now. They've made a huge difference in my acne and overall skin clarity. And last a pretty much lifetime favorite, Molton Brown Pink Pepper body wash. I always complain about it being expensive but a bottle lasts a good 6 months if you lather it up with a shower pouf. I literally get out of the shower and find myself sniffing my arm randomly, it just smells SO good. I highly recommend all of these.20191015_200357.jpg

excellent job!! @sprocketta

excellent job!! @sprocketta

Re: excellent job!! @sprocketta

Making room for the new purchases @lmaster my f&f ssale skincare  haul arrives tonight and the space in my bathroom is mighty sparse right now. I have been loving all the f&f sale haul pics.

Late posting of last month's sheet mask empties:

IMG_E1150.JPG

Spoiler
These were LOVES - a mix of tried-and-true sheet masks I keep on hand and some new-to-me masks that will definitely be making their way into the rotation. The standouts among the newbies are the Sasatinnie Blue Sapphire and the Lovemore Loofah & Aloe Vera masks.

* Sasatinnie Blue Sapphire Illuminating Bio-Cellulose Mask
* Primera Milk Thistle Seed Sheet Mask (Brightening)
* Mediheal x Line Friends I.P.I. Lightmax Ampoule Mask
* The Creme Shop Turmeric Face Mask
* Miniso x We Bare Bears Moisturizing & Glossy Eyes Mask
* Lovemore Loofah & Aloe Vera Sheet Mask
* My Beauty Diary Antarctica Glycoproteins Moisturizing Mask

IMG_1151.JPG

Spoiler
Loves-Likes: Leaders, The Face Shop, SNP and Too Cool For School are solid brands in my book when it comes to sheet masks and these particular ones are no exception. I discovered Annie's Way this year (I'm pretty sure it was earlier this year) and their sheet masks have proven to be a hit with my skin. I was first introduced to LookAtMe masks last year and really enjoyed them. The line of masks that this watermelon one is a part is popular among some on the mask thread; the watermelon one stands out for me. I was treated to a Hallyu sheet mask a few months ago and liked it so much that I went to pick up the other sheet masks from the brand.

* Leaders Daily Wonder What Happened Last Night? Revitalizing Radiance Sheet Mask
* Hallyu Jeju Tangerine Jelly Mask
* Leaders Pro Hydra Hyaluronic Mask Sheet
* Too Cool For School Pumpkin Hydra Gold Eye Gel Patch
* The Face Shop Bio-Cell Moisturizing Face Mask
* SNP Animal Dragon Soothing Mask
* Look At Me Watermelon Face Mask
* Annie's Way Lavendar + Chamomile Mask Sheet

IMG_E1152.JPG

Spoiler
Likes - You could say I'm slightly obsessed with sheet masks - lol. Having many to choose from means I can have a lot of great ones so it can be hard to draw a line between what's amazing and what's really good, even great, on its own but may not have the same sentiments when compared to another mask, especially when compared to masks within their same brands and/or lines. That's very much the case with these masks from boo Bamboo (a new fave brand of mine), Holika Holika and Yadah, with the exception of the Trader Joe's pumpkin one here (which I much prefer to their original sheet mask).

* boo Bamboo Bamboo Fiber Charcoal Sheet Mask - Pore Refining
* Holika Holika Instantly Brewing Tea Bag Mask - Green Tea
* Trader Joe's Pumpkin Spice Biocellulose Face Mask
* Yadah Red Energy Foil Mask

Also in the "likes" camp is the Yadah Collagen Mask Pack, which makes for a great daily mask.
IMG_E1148.JPG

IMG_1154.JPG

Spoiler
Nothing wrong with these masks - they do not irritate my skin nor do they cause any breakouts or other negative results. They're just okay. I'd use them if I have them, but there's just masks I prefer over these ones.

* Innisfree Quick Tone-Up Mask | Violet - Moisturizing & Tone - Up
* briskin Real Fit Second Skin Mask - Elasticity & Lifting
* Dr. Jart+ Rubber Mask Bright Lover
* Pure Smile Choosy Lip Mask (Honey)

wow @itsfi you really went all out with the yadah!! great...

wow @itsfi you really went all out with the yadah!! great discipline on your part 😉

All the masks!  💗 @itsfi 

@itsfi  How was the monthly snail masks compared to the other daily masking that you did previously? Which did you prefer?

Empties - 2019

trash for the week : LOVES LookAtMe watermelon mask favorite ever!! the creme shop confection perfection was excellent and FAB coconut water cream is one of my top favorite moisturizers. LIKES I loved the results and scent of all three masks, but didn't care for the sheet itself, the bath and body works foaming soap was meh as far as scent and devacurl b leav in is ok, I'm just still trying other hair products, so who knows I might go back to it later on. DIDN'T LIKE Sunday Riley ceramic slip, Vita Liberata was not very impressive as far as this self tanning lotion goes and the LaMer moisturizer is just too thick for my skin type

Here are the empties I’ve remembered to save since July. 

Loves: 

CEDB96BD-48BF-4A96-BF12-DC107F2239DA.jpegThings I always restock, plus a new-to-me thing I’ll repurchase.

Spoiler
Creme Shop Turmeric Face Mask - I can’t use these often because they contain honey extract. But once or twice a month seems acceptable to my skin. It helps that these masks contain high amounts of moisturizing and soothing ingredients that combat the dryness caused (on me) by honey. 

The Body Shop Mango body butter - my longtime favorite of all their body butters. Whenever I find these unsullied at TJM or Marshalls (why the bleep do people ruin products on shelves with their grubby fingers 😡), or Ulta has a good deal on them, I stock up. 

Paula’s Choice All Over Hair & Body Shampoo - new to me. It’s bad as a shampoo (cleans well, but my hair hates it), but great as a fragrance-free body wash! Doesn’t leave my skin feeling coated-soft like Dove body wash, but it also doesn’t make me itchy-dry. The bottle lid is very flimsy and breakable and annoying, so I transfer the contents to a pump bottle. 

Youth To The People Superfood Moisturizer - a beloved staple of my skincare routine. I opened this jar in early July and finished its contents the last week of September. That’s faster than I thought I was using up these jars. Smiley Very Happy Next time I can get a good discount on these, I’ll stockpile a few. 

Sephora Coconut water makeup wipes - I’m trying to wean myself off using makeup wipes at home (for makeup removal), so I’ll buy only the travel size from now on. This was my last full size pack of my favorite wipes. 

8C964933-12C0-4540-9150-2D913E5A4311.jpegThings I keep handy and a product I probably won’t repurchase.

Spoiler
Youth To The People Superfood Vitamin C Serum - I like it, but not enough to repurchase at USD $62. It soaks into my skin quickly and leaves no stickiness behind. And it’s full of good stuff. My skin is brighter overall, but that’s most likely due to other products’ ingredients (retinol, AHA, and niacinamide). I said I wouldn’t buy another vit C serum after emptying this one because that ingredient’s in some of my other skincare products. But I recently got a Farmacy Very Cherry Bright DS, so I’ll try that one next. 

Yes To Coconut wipes - From now on, I’ll use these as body wipes instead of makeup wipes. This pack helped me get through this year’s doctor-imposed bedrest during a serious illness flare.  

Goodwipes Body Wipes - another product I use when I can’t stand in the shower or over the skin. I’d never use these on my face (mostly because of the peppermint oil), but they’re fine for most of my body. 

Nopes: 

6B79800F-A75B-49E0-8EC2-A35F7D3D1814.jpegI tried to make that sunscreen work for me... sigh.

Spoiler
Rahua Legendary Amazon Oil - I got 3 uses out of this foil. Didn’t hate it, but saw no benefits or improvements after using it. Also didn’t like how it loosened some of my coils. 

Coola Mineral Sun Silk Creme - this sunscreen hurt my feelings. Leaves a very obvious white cast on my face no matter how much I blend it out, and it pills a lot on me. I generally love Coola, but not this sunscreen. I can’t even use it as body sunscreen. Smiley Sad This bottle’s still 4/5 full, so if anyone loves this sunscreen and wants more, PM me and I’ll happily send it your way. Otherwise, I’ll try donating this to a local shelter. 

@WinglessOne I know I know!!! totally disgusts me to see...

@WinglessOne I know I know!!! totally disgusts me to see products being touched that are not samples 🙄 like... really??

RE: Empties - 2019

3 Empties: 1) Pur Blush - I got this early this year in Mar/April. It is such a vibrant pink and goes so well with my skin tone. Sadly it only has a 6 month expiration date and I noticed a deterioration on the performance. I did enjoy this over the summer and will probably pick one up again although because the life line is so short, I’m going to wait until I empty out a couple of blushes that I own first before I pick this up again. Other than that if you like keeping your blush simple this was a great buy with just the perfect amount for 6 months 2) Fenty Brow Pencil - I’m glad I picked this up to try it. It’s always good to venture off and try new things once in a while. I didn’t hate it but it’s not for me. I will probably not pick this up as I need more coverage. You really have to build up with this pencil. I think this is great for someone who has thicker brows and need minimal fill. I’ll be going back to Anastasia Brow Wiz. I also realized that I liked the spoolie better over the brush paddle. 3) Huda concealer - I love that you get so much product out of this tube. It’s very creamy and has great coverage. It does crease and I think it’s better suited for someone with smoother texture under eyes. If I pick this up again it would be for contouring but for under eyes I’ll definitely be going back to NARS as that concealer always has my back. 😂

Re: RE: Empties - 2019

@thatjedininja  Good job on panning the blush! 

I’ve only ever panned one blush (NARS Outlaw) because it was the only one I owned at the time. Unfortunately, Outlaw got me hooked on NARS’s other powder blushes; nowadays I have so many, I might never pan one again. Smiley Very Happy Not even with my routine of monthly (or directly after a viral or bacterial illness) alcohol spritz + wipedowns of all my blushes. 

Hi @thatjedininja ,

I was very curious about the Fenty Eyebrow pencil! Great set of empties! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

I don't ever recall panning a single blush in my life. They seem to last forever- my fair skin needs only a smidge I find. Yet here you are, panning a blush in 6 months. I bow down. @thatjedininja 

@l8totheparty hahah! It was the only blush I had.  I tend to buy these in singles instead of palettes because I never use the whole palette. 

@thatjedininja Great empties! That blush shade is gorgeous! 

Best,

Rebecca

@thatjedininja great job!! I really need to pan some make...

@thatjedininja great job!! I really need to pan some makeup 🤦

Re: @thatjedininja great job!! I really need to pan some make...

@lmaster  lol...I feel you! I have a few more things from last year that are about to expire and trying to get my $$'s worth but also don't want to torture myself. hahaha, some of the items I just have a love hate relationship with. 

2C5466C4-E513-4ED2-A571-8B740779BCFA.jpeg

Clinique was meh, eyeliner dried out quickly. Ten toner is not my fav, my skin likes glycolic better. Paulas choice was thick and you place on top of other skincare and I wasn’t sure it was staying on. Prefer different versions of vit C. L Occitane Sejm was just ok, I didn’t like too cool for school.

E47E27A0-A716-46EB-9A1F-D6D8CE840659.jpegLoves- all are loves. Won’t repurchase the lancome lip

C83607D1-E70F-46D3-A1A6-9B5A05D13362.jpegLikes- by terry was discontinued but I probably wouldn’t repurchase because pricey. Origins moisturizer was spf is nice but prefer mineral sunscreens. Declutters- nars, lancome are at least five years old so time to toss!

A20BF611-9AC0-4DE3-A91B-E4952189B6C8.jpegMeh- didn’t like the PTR cleansing butter smelled weird to me, lancome mascara mini was dried out otherwise I like it, the ordinary was fine I prefer salicylic acid in a different form, l occitane was ok would purchase.

I love the Belif Aqua Bomb Sleeping Mask. It's my favorite sleeping mask. <3333

2,994 Replies