cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying ๐Ÿ™‚

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - 2019

My June sheet mask empties. Lots of sheet masks this month - a good number were loves or likes! 

LOVESLOVES

Likes, part 1Likes, part 1Likes, part 2Likes, part 2

Top row are meh; bottom row of Yadah masks are OK; they're fineTop row are meh; bottom row of Yadah masks are OK; they're fine

Nahs - none of these were irritating and none caused any allergic or negative reaction but they weren't particularly standout either.Nahs - none of these were irritating and none caused any allergic or negative reaction but they weren't particularly standout either.

@itsfi   Itโ€™s all so colourful this month!!!  

Colorful in homage to the beginning of summer @heartsmyface! lol. ๐Ÿ™‚  

@itsfi this is oh so beautiful trash

@itsfi this is oh so beautiful trash

Re: @itsfi this is oh so beautiful trash

Thanks @lmaster! June was a good month for sheet masks! ๐Ÿ™‚

@itsfi, do you have any idea how much I love seeing all of your masking Empties?  You are definitely one of our top Masking Moguls here and you totally inspire me.

Awww, @CookieGirl1, that's so sweet. There are a lot of fabulous maskers on BIC with amazing mask selections - my looooong list of masks "to buy" or "to look into" has grown sooo much. I love hearing about and seeing what everyone is using for masks. ๐Ÿ™‚

June empties! Still trucking through my stash! I was hoping to hit 100 finished items by halfway through the year (I donโ€™t include sheet masks or foils because I canโ€™t be bothered to save them), but unfortunately I missed the mark and am at 84 at the halfway mark. Iโ€™m still pretty impressed though, and looking forward to a big July โ˜บ๏ธD8F2114B-A1FC-417D-AA31-57EE49287D29.jpeg

Spoiler

FAB face cleanser - would not repurchase. I wanted to love this because Iโ€™m always looking for a mild cleanser for my sensitive skin, and have had great luck with other FAB products. This made my skin feel dry/tight.

Laneige eye sleeping mask - would repurchase. I have a dry under eye area sometimes as a result of using prescription topicals. This has helped keep my undereye area hydrated, even in the dry winter. A little goes a LONG way, and a bottle will last for a long time. I would advise against using it more than twice a week because it is a little heavy for everyday use

ELF concealer - Not the worst formula, but it did oxidize a bit. I think this product has been discontinued but I would try an ELF concealer again. It was lighter coverage that worked well for spots, or on no/light makeup days.

Laura mercier caviar eye stick in Amethyst - This was part of my pan. I didnโ€™t love the product already because it was more grey than purple, and it creased terribly. The product wasnโ€™t stable in the component (was too soft) and eventually fell out into a sink, so the last 1/4 of the product was unusable. Wouldnโ€™t rebuy.

Guerlain lโ€™essentiel natural glow foundation DS - LOVE this foundation. Itโ€™s a light to medium coverage that is buildable. Feels nice on and doesnโ€™t get cakey. The finish is beautiful, not too matte and not too dewy or satin. Great staying power and I didnโ€™t have transfer issues.

Tarte rainforest of the sea 4-in1 setting mist - Would not rebuy. I didnโ€™t find that it did a great job at setting my makeup and didnโ€™t help with oil. I didnโ€™t care for the scent either.

Hawaiian tropic lip balm - Just happy to have finished a chapstick before I lost it LOL. I would repurchase once I go through more of my stash. Love that it has spf and that classic Hawaiian tropic vacation scent.

Too faced mascara melt off mini - This is an HG product for me, and Iโ€™ve gone through many minis and full sized. I would only rebuy FS because the mini has 0.5ml versus 8ml in FS.

Drunk elephant c-tango multivitamin eye cream - would not rebuy. This gave me horrible milia under the eye, so I ended up using it on the rest of my face. I did like it as a Vit C serum for my face but itโ€™s excessive to buy an expensive eye cream for use on the whole face.

First aid beauty barri-air cream - Great product but terrible packaging. Would only rebuy if the packaging was changed to be airtight to prevent foaming. My face felt hydrated, and I had the impression that it was retaining moisture better compared to other creams which I feel so more for moisturizing but less for hydrating (if that makes sense??)

Batiste rose gold edition dry shampoo - HG product. Smelled kind of like maraschino cherries, which I like. It didnโ€™t have a rose gold color or anything. I believe this is LE, but pops up at winners/TJs often. I would repurchase

Bath and body works aromatherapy stress relief sugar scrub - fantastic product. Smelled like eucalyptus and was amazing in the shower. It didnโ€™t irritate my sensitive skin and made it SO soft. I mainly used this on my legs prior to getting them waxed and Iโ€™ve found less in-grown hairs as a result of proper exfoliation. I would repurchase because I have a hard time finding scrubs that arenโ€™t too abrasive

Lots of empties this month @cianni! Nice work! ๐Ÿ™‚ 

I find the Too Faced Melt Off Cleansing Oil to be such an underrated product. I put it on my lashes for a few seconds and then follow up with my DE Slaai cleanser on top and my mascara comes off seamlessly. <333

This is the 2nd time Iโ€™ve read good things about the TF melt off on BIC. I think I need to check it out. 84 empties is phenomenal @cianni!

@ShortErica @PenelopeBT it is SO underrated. I feel like itโ€™s overlooked because it may not be the most โ€œnecessaryโ€ product, but honestly I canโ€™t live without it now. I use it for all kinds of mascara (even non waterproof), and I find i donโ€™t have to tug at my lashes to get all the product off, and my lashes are so happy about that ๐Ÿ˜‚

@cianni 84 empties is amazing! Great job!

Best,
Rebecca

Thank you! @RebeccaBT itโ€™s so satisfying finishing a bunch of stuff because now I have room for all the newer releases ๐Ÿ˜‚

All were good, that was third or fourth Mascara  from a Loreal.  Love the Infallible liners.  Third bottle of Dr. Dennis Gross and third sample of Sunday Riley.  My last of 5 Sephora Masks.

A few more emptiesA few more empties

@2manyperfumes Love how you displayed the products! Thanks for sharing! 

Best,
Rebecca

Thank you @RebeccaBT โค๏ธ I contain my mess ๐Ÿ˜

RE: Re: Empties - 2019

I really need to focus on one mascara at a time to use them before they dry out. Have so many samples. Nice empties @3manyperfumes

@weetart @2manyperfumes, sample sized mascaras are the pe...

@Weetart @2manyperfumes, sample sized mascaras are the perfect size. Lets us use them up quicker and try the next newest ones ๐Ÿค—

Re: RE: Re: Empties - 2019

I have 3 of the small ones from sets on the go (one mascara set from Sephora, one from Shoppers Drug Mart). That is enough on the go for me at once.  I may never have to buy a mascara for years due to the 2 sets and gwp mascaras. @Weetart 

Re: RE: Re: Empties - 2019

I have a few on the go right now.  I prefer waterproof because I have very straight lashes that wonโ€™t hold a curl but the waterproof keeps them from going down straight.  

testing