cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - 2019

@lmaster ...so we gonna get a review on that butt mask? haha.

@Samtian@Cyncynn@faeriegirl just reviewed the Butt Mask she did last night, if you're curious 😉 

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4809588/highligh...#M121945

@eshoeThank you!

@Samtian asking the real questions LOL 😄

🤦 @Samtian it's terrible girl!! Totally gimmick but I did it anyway 🤣

@lmaster sorry to hear and thanks for taking one for the team. I won't be tempted lol

Haha! @Cyncynn no prob! 😉

So many different masks lol where do you guys find them 

@2manyperfumes got this from Ulta 

Marshalls, TJMaxx, Winners lol.  And Online. Facetory.  I think some of the ladies subscribe to a sheet mask monthly? @2manyperfumes 

Wow lol thanks @l8totheparty 😁 I’ve never seen so many different ones.  

I hadn't ever shopped the beauty section of those discount stores for makeup or masks until this past week.  Well, I hadn't shopped the beauty section period. It was a pleasant surprise to me! @2manyperfumes 

I haunt my local discount store (Winners every couple of weeks).  This month I picked up three MAC signature fragrances and the KVD lipstick.  Lol

May empties, year to date total is 126 🙂

Loves!!!Loves!!!

Spoiler

Sand and Fog Candle - Tahitian Vanilla : My house smelled like a warm vanilla cake, fresh out of the oven. This scent added a delicious breeze of comfort to my little home. Every jar and lids have different designs, it’s so cute.

Coco & Eve Super Nourishing Coconut & Fig Hair Mask : Smells like coconut and fig deliciousness. I have a wavy type of curl with frizz in it because of all the bleach and damage my hair has been through (use to have curls like Goldilocks when I was a child). I let it hair dry and my curls looked like I used a curling iron to style them, feeling smooth and silky.

Olaplex n°3 : Second bottle and I’m even more impressed with this. I definitely see a change in the way my hair feels when I start/stop using this. In this bottle I’ve been really consistent using it once a week for 30 mins under a shower cap. I had 4 uses out of it because I drenched my hair in it.  My hair feels stronger, I see less split ends and some new baby hairs.

The Ordinary - Hyaluronic Acid : Holy grail affordable serum. Works perfectly for my combination skin, takes about 30 seconds to 1 min to absorb, but doesn’t feel like there’s a film left on my skin afterwards. A little goes a long way. Basically it helps my moisturizer absorbs more efficiently and keeps my skin looking plump and healthy. I didn’t notice a big difference at first because I didn’t understood the purpose, but after some research I was hooked. It really does help to regulate the moisture in your cells and it has the ability to hold 1000 times it’s weight in water. I already have a backup. Skincare game changer!!!

Fresh Soy Face Cleanser : The most gentle cleanser I’ve ever tried. It still draws out all the impurities and residue of makeup. The only "downside" is that I go through this like water so whenever I can grab a sample or a deluxe size I do.

Peter Thomas Roth Irish Moor Mud Mask : Best winter skincare mask for dry skin that are acne prone. It purifies and makes my skin clearer, but doesn’t dry it out like other mud masks.

LaNeige Water Sleeping Mask : One of the best overnight moisturizing mask I’ve ever tried. It absorbs instantly like your skin is drinking it. It’s super lightweight and doesn’t has a heavy scent, so it’s not uncomfortable to sleep in. I wake up and my skin is quenched like I had a facial.

Clinique Take the day off balm : I forgot how lightweight this balm was.  It dissolves into a nice oil. Removes my makeup with such ease, no need of intense rubbing and tugging on my skin.

Lush Lip Scrub : Holy grail lip scrub!!! I like the flavor of the honey in this one. Plus I didn’t use it everyday so this little jar lasted me for almost a year. Makes my lips soft and plumped.

Boscia Luminizing Black Mask : This mask makes my T zone clearer and peel off all the dirt and dry skin at the surface of my skin. I hate peel-off masks, but this is so good I try to deal with the pain. I have a lot of peach fuzz so I avoid applying this mask on my cheeks and I’m good to go. The peel can be harsh for my sensitive skin so I use it sparingly when I feel the need.

Anastasia Beverly Hills Clear Brow Gel : Nice matte brow gel that holds your eyebrows all day. I love the spoolie, it’s easy to work with and create different shape with your brows.

OleHenriksen Sheer Transformation Moisturizer : Super lightweight cream moisturizer. I like to mix my cream bronzer in it and apply it for a natural everyday makeup look. It kept me hydrated and didn’t clog my pores.

OleHenriksen Banana Bright Eye Creme : Rich yellow tinted eye cream. Perfect for de-hydrated undereyes and looks amazing under concealer plus it color corrects the blue tone of the dark circles. Of course it’s not going to erase everything or help genetic deep dark blue circles, but can make you look less tired. It smells like the concentrated version of the Truth serum.. I don’t really see the point of doing an eye cream with fragrance in it and would prefer if it didn’t had any.

LikesLikes

Spoiler

Mane n Tail Original Conditioner : Can’t seem to finish a shampoo and conditioner bottle at the same time lol! This was my 2nd bottle and I do like this conditioner. Works great, leaves my ends soft and shiny and has a nice scent.

Too Cool For School Egg-Zyme Whipped Foam Cleanser : Nice exfoliating creamy cleanser with large beads in it. Reminded me of the Frothy face wash from Origins as for the intense lathering, a little bit goes a looong way. On some days, when my skin felt sensitive the exfoliating part of it was a bit painful. Overall a nice cleanser, my skin felt clean but not dry. Don’t think it’s the perfect one for my skin type.

Glamglow Tropical Cleanser : I enjoyed it, I needed a quick exfoliation and this did it perfectly. It has a pleasant but strong tropical scent. Not sure I would use it everyday.

Clinique Bleackhead Solutions : Exfoliating self-heating treatment. Dimethicone comes second in the ingredients list, to soften the skin I guess so I think it doesn’t "extract" the blackheads per se. It did make a difference although it felt like there was a silicone-ish film on my nose. I didn’t hate it but would need to try again.

Amika The Wizard Detangling Primer : Second favorite detangling spray. Looove the scent. Does a great job on wet hair, but is kinda oily. That’s why it isn’t my fave, ‘cause I prefer a detangling spray I can use on both dry and wet hair. Still amazing product though.

REN Keep Young and Beautiful Instant Firming Beauty Shot : Instant face lift, pulls your skin tightly. My skin looked plumped and smooth.

NUDE Progenius Omega Treatment Rescue Oil : Rich oil that provides a nice moisturizing feeling. It doesn’t clog the pores and I did not breakout from this. It’s soothes and calms the skin. It does take a bit of time to absorb which is my only con.

Meh.. would not (re)purchaseMeh.. would not (re)purchase

Spoiler

Skin Chemists London Rose Illuminating Glow Eye Pads (got it in a Look Fantastic box) : They slided off all the time, so I feel like it’s not even worth reviewing, I know I would never purchase.

Too Cool For School - Egg Cream Mask : The microfiber sheet is bomb, so soft and doesn’t move at all. Hugs every part of your face perfectly. Unfortunately for some reason my skin never liked this formula. It feels like the serum is sitting on my skin, especially in my T zone. I can’t say it’s a bad mask, but not the best for combo/oily skin types.

Spongellé Body Wash Infused Buffer (I got from Boxyluxe a while back) : Cute star shaped sponge that really buffs into the skin and has a nice cherry blossom type of scent. It helped removing my body bronzer residue and made my skin feel smooth. My first time trying this the sponge was extremely hard to squeeze like I was pressing a rock in my hand. There was also A LOT of soap in it. In the end the sponge felt "empty", soap wouldn’t dispense easily and I just gave up on it. Overall it was fun to try, but wouldn’t buy this for myself considering it lasted me for a month and a half and it retails for $22 USD.

Batiste Dry Shampoo XXL Volume : Loved the scent. The volumizing effect didn’t last a long time and it didn’t seem to absorb a lot of oil. The spray is so strong so you need to extend your arm far away and spray the roots from underneath. Gives a bit of a white cast.

@ellem24, impressive empties! I really like the spoolie on the ABH brow gel too, will keep it to try 'soap brows' once im done with mine

Thank you @angelKiss24 ! That's a great idea I've never tried soap brows, this spoolie would be perfect for it

I would like to know what your favourite detangling primer is, because I have and like the Amika. @ellem24 

@l8totheparty My favorite is the Drybar Prep Rally Prime & Prep DetanglerI find you can use it easily on both dry and wet hair and doesn't weight my hair down which I think the Amika does a little bit if you apply too much. Don't get me wrong I think the Amika is amazing too, but it comes in second place for my hair type.

Love the Too Cool for School ❤️

@2manyperfumes It's really good!!

You're killing it with 126 empties @ellem24!

6 Replies
testing