Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Makeup Is Life

Empties - 2019

Seeing product empties is so satisfying Smiley Happy

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - 2019

Thanks @itsfi ! I can't wait to hear what you think of the Private Doctor serum, it definitely took me by surprise Heart

@Mcakes So many great products!

Best,
Rebecca

@RebeccaBT Agreed! It was a solid set, but now I'm excited to move on to the next few products in queue Smiley Happy

Awesome! @Mcakes 

Thanks @ather !

@Mcakes great job!!

@Mcakes great job!!

Re: @Mcakes great job!!

Thank you @lmaster ! It was a relief to be able to officially throw them all away Smiley Very Happy

Up until January of this year I never paid much attention to my makeup, just making sure I looked presentable.  Always having 1 mascara to use that did the job.  Now branching out of the drugstore into other brands has opened my eyes.  Samples are great to try out to get to know the products!  I've got 3 mascaras on the go.  From 1 mascara for my whole life to 3.  And I like all 3.  So wild. 

Great empties, @Mcakes 

@l8totheparty  I personally never buy full-size anymore. I get samples and I buy the Sephora Favorites Lash Stash to Go sets. That way I get to try all the latest and greatest and, more importantly, I can pitch my mascara every three months or less, without having to waste product. That allows me to avoid growing a bacteria farm, which I’m sure I used to do by trying to finish full-size tubes over the course of 6+ months. 🤢

Smart.  I got a lash stash kit and am almost done the first item.  And I bought the eye studio kit (similar) from Shoppers Drug Mart and am working on that as well. @PinkEvergreen shoppers-drug-mart-canada-sdm-beauty-boutique-canadian-deals-eye-studio-mascara-sampler-2018-glossense.pngFrom Shoppers Drug Mart

@l8totheparty  Wow! That is an epic sampler! I had no idea Shoppers sells sets like that. My local Shoppers seems to be committed to selling outdated and overpriced Urban Decay and Benefit products, so I stopped paying attention to them because it annoyed me so much 😏  Maybe it’s time for me to give them another chance. 

I went to one with a Beauty Boutique.   It was lovely inside, very neat and kept up in the store.  I can't find this eye studio online to purchase, but the Shoppers had it! $42.  Sweet deal! @PinkEvergreen 

I love the lash stash kits too @PinkEvergreen. Now to just finish some samples off. I feel like my mascara is multiplying and I want to finish some have some wands to send off.

It's a rabbit hole for sure @l8totheparty Smiley Very Happy It is so much fun to play around with all the amazing beauty products out there, mascaras are so personal too. You know pretty much right away if it will work for you or not. 

Weekly empties:

emp1.jpg

Spoiler
Oh that Glossier has been a pain. It's the Moisturizing Moon Mask and although it provides a bit of cooling while it's on, it is soooooo difficult to remove and leaves my skin feeling slimy. There is about one mask's worth left in here, but after using it last night on my cheeks, decided to toss it. At least I tried it. The May Lindstorm Blue Cocoon was nice for winter, but I've created a little copycat with some Kopari and blue tansy that almost looks and feels identical. The Smith & Cult is one interesting primer. It goes on a semi-opaque black and for the most part, loses its hue. It grips like the Milk Hydro grip does with out the added stickiness. It held my foundation well without caking. Not bad. The Femmue Vital C was an absolutely LOVELY serum from @keana1. Most Vita C serums smell like eau d'hot dog and this was just pleasant as could be. Thank you for this, keana1! The Kopari mask was cooling and just plain awesome. I can see why @lmaster loves it. The DE Beste, I wasn't overwhelmed with but it was gentle and didn't strip my skin. The Bum Bum Cream, already have a backup. Love, love, love this stuff. There is a wax melt called 'YASSS Queen' at Target that smells just like it, for anyone who's interested Smiley Wink Love the Kiehl's Calendula toner and the Laneige Water Bank was another love that I will be purchasing FS of after I finish another DS. Bkr Paris Water balm, I have a few of these on hand plus a couple FS ones. Another <3.

m1emp.jpgm2emp.jpg

Spoiler
I shared a few of these masks with my daughter which is why it seems like there are so many this week. The Freeman Melting Sugar was my first intro to the brand,  @IndyQT317 raves about them so it was time to try. I think we picked up 10 or so single use wash-off masks Smiley Very Happy They are just enough for the two of us to try. No real noticeable scent, no stinging...and lots of fun! The Peripera is a brand I need to explore, this mask was fantastic.

The Bawdy Butt masks are predictably hilarious and as far as I can tell, haven't 'illuminated' or 'energized' the masking area. I have one left I am going to try, not expecting much besides some good laughs. The Hectic It's Pack Time mask was interesting, would RP. The Smith & Vandiver Be Bright wash-off mask gave me red skin with little welts. The only thing I could pinpoint that may have been the culprit was clove extract. Thank goodness I had the Tony Moly Calendula mask on hand, it was soothing and helped calm my skin.

The Mommy & Me masks were a gift from @sonnydee and a hit, thank you so much! The Yes To Grapefruit Brightening Unicorn peel off mask was my daughter's and her first peel-off mask. Her skin usually tingles within minutes of a sheet mask, so I was concerned this would be painful/irritating. I gave her fair warning and it turned out to be a great mask for her. Go figure. 

@eshoe Thanks for sharing your thoughts on those products - I really enjoyed reading it.

I hope it was helpful @Cyncynn, never imagined I would be writing about garbage but yet here I am.

@eshoe It really is. and here we are. Oddly I find it fascinating to read about other people's beauty garbage. Smiley Very Happy lol

It’s so nice to know that both of you had some fun masking together @eshoe ! I’m sorry that the DE Beste cleanser didn’t live up to your expectations!, I still haven’t tried the DS yet. 

It’s not bad at all, @keana1 - I just prefer other cleansers. I would definitely pass it along to my daughter thanks to the clean ingredients 😉

I wouldn’t hesitate to do the same @eshoe ! I’m glad that you enjoyed the sample that I sent you! 🤗

4 Replies