cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - 2019

Congrats on all those empties @cianni!!! Looks like you are well on your way to meeting that 150 goals by the end of the year. I have my fingers crossed for you! Your review has me very interested in trying that BECCA Setting Powder. 

Thanks girl @sephoraaddict918 ❤️❤️ The becca is AMAZING. Definitely one of those products I’m fortunate to have discovered as a GWP/potentially in a sample bag? I never would have thought to pick it up! 

Ooh, I have a BECCA - Hydra-Mist Set & Refresh Powder - Original

I got it in my Boxycharm box and I'm excited to try it!  @cianni 

@l8totheparty ahh I hope you love it too! I have dark circles that I’ll use both a color corrector and concealer on if I’m going for a full makeup look, so it’s easy for it to look super dry after setting (especially because my favourite setting powders are also designed to mattify.. TOO FACED - Peach Perfect Mattifying Setting Powder – Peaches and Cream Collection and COVER FX - Matte Setting Powder are my reliable go-tos). The becca really set everything down and kept everything from looking like a dry mess and settling into creases. It’s so weird but there is definitely a hydrating/almost cooking feeling you’ll experience when you put it on - it’s so nice I’m so happy to have found it 😭 and the price for a mini is also really good which is nice haha

@cianni 😘😘🤗🤗 I really want to try the Becca!! I agree...

@cianni 😘😘🤗🤗 I really want to try the Becca!! I agree, the farmacy moisturizer is not a love, it really clogs my pores 😒 but I do love other products

Re: @cianni 😘😘🤗🤗 I really want to try the Becca!! I agree...

@lmaster BIC also turned me onto the Youth To The People Superfood Air-Whip Lightweight Face Moisturizer with Hyaluronic Acid 2 oz / 59 m... and that works 2000000000x better for me 🙌🏼 I’m still waiting for fenty to release minis of the lavender and banana brightening setting powders 😭 I’m dying to try 

I'm with you on *hoping* for Fenty to release a mini of the lavender powder, @cianni.  Fingers crossed, right?

@CookieGirl1 Right! If anyone from fenty is creeping the BIC boards.... we want a mini lavender! Or maybe a set of minis? With a mini brightening powder and the matching mini powder 🤔 there seems to be a brightening powder shade to complement the regular powder shade for every skin tone so it could work hmmmm 

Oh oh oh I have a DS of this moisturizer @cianni I love the Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Instant Retouch Setting Powder Lavender

I'm going to have to try to get my hands on that YTTP in a sample! @cianni 

@l8totheparty @lmaster @cianni that moisturizer is SO good.  I just finished off my third one this month (which will be in my end-of-the-month empties) and I'm hoarding a few minis of it in my stash :).

Oh wow @CookieGirl1 that's exciting to know 🙌😍

Can you believe I actually remembered to hold on to these?Can you believe I actually remembered to hold on to these?

I am probably the worst at hanging on to beauty trash to talk about later, but everything seemed to go empty at the same time which was convenient! I really LOVED the 111 Skin Serum that I got from Ipsy Glam Plus, it wasn't overly fragranced, had a lightweight non-greasy consistency and absorbed into the skin quickly. It's at least double from the vitamin C serum I usually use (Truth Serum), but I actually prefer it now...I know...big words!

I've always been a fan of the rose line from Fresh, and was happy to get back to using them after trying other products. I still enjoy them but feel like I've gotten to like other products more. I used the deep hydration face cream at night because it does not work well as a daytime moisturizer under makeup. It pills up. The petals in the toner don't bother me in the beginning, but towards the bottom of the bottle it gets harder and harder to get the product out of it. It feels wasteful because I see that there is still some liquid there, but can't get to it. 

Officially a fan of the Private Doctor Minus Serum! I wasn't sure what to expect because I bought it on a whim when it first came to Sephora and was blown away by the results. I'm almost officially hitting my 30's, and was starting to notice some fine lines forming on my forehead. This serum was almost a reset button and since using it I haven't seen those lines be noticeable, amazing! 

The Bioderma is a great staple, got a bundle on Beautylish a while back so I'm set for a while. It really does remove everything without leaving behind a weird residue. 

The LaVanilla deodorant in this "limited edition" scent has been my go to for the past couple of years! I have been feeling panicky about what I would do if it did get discontinued so I've been venturing out and trying other things. I will continue to repurchase if I can, but if I can't then I have found an alternative 😄

I haven't felt that I really needed an eye cream until this past year, and wasn't sure where to start. I've been hearing great things about the good ol RoC cream so I decided to give it a shot. I really liked it! I saw nice results. I just got a different one to try through Ipsy, but if I don't like it I may go back to this or try the one from Inkey List. 

Urban Decay Primer Potion is always in my makeup collection, already have a new tube open. 

I like to use lots of different mascaras at a time because I feel like they all bring different things to the table lol. I like all of these, TF BTS has been a staple for me for a very long time, The Wander Beauty one has quickly become a new favorite, it gets those lower lashes so well and the Tarte Maneater was surprisingly great at defining my lashes. 

@Mcakes 

Nice work on the empties.

Seems like we have a similar taste in mascaras. I really like maneater and BTS. I'll keep and eye out for subs/promos with the Wander mascara (I have so many mascaras on use + samples that I can't justify purchasing another one until I can get my mascara situation under control lol).

I've been using Bioderma for so many years. I'm also working on my 16oz bottle lol, not sure if it will make an appearance in this thread anytime soon lol 😄

Thanks @Cyncynn ! Luckily all these mascaras are from subs, between Boxycharm and Ipsy Glam Plus they stocked me up lol 😄 I have been a long time fan of BTS though. 

The bottle of Bioderma lasts so long! It really is well worth the money!

Hmmm that doctor minus serum sounds interesting 👍 @Mcakes those are some good empties 

@2manyperfumes I originally got it because it was pretty, shiny and new. I'll be repurchasing it because it WORKS 😄 

Great empties @Mcakes! I love Bioderma. 💖 So happy to hear your thoughts on the Private Doctor Minus Serum - I’ve been wondering about that one since it came on the scene. *adds to list... 📝

Thanks @itsfi ! I can't wait to hear what you think of the Private Doctor serum, it definitely took me by surprise Heart

@Mcakes So many great products!

Best,
Rebecca

@RebeccaBT Agreed! It was a solid set, but now I'm excited to move on to the next few products in queue 🙂

1 Reply
testing