cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

well you got a couple nice ones in there that worked out...

well you got a couple nice ones in there that worked out 😉 @ShortErica

Re: well you got a couple nice ones in there that worked out...

Yep, really none of them were bad @lmaster ..the boscia just didn't clean all my makeup to be worth it. I want a remover that removes it all! Is perfection too much to ask? 😂

Re: well you got a couple nice ones in there that worked out...

Heck no @ShortErica  I want to see those results!

Re: Empties - 2019

Thank you for the tag, @ShortErica 🙂

No problem @eshoe 😉

@ShortErica, sorry there wasn't a good color match for you with the NARS Radiant Cream Concealer; that's one I like a lot. NARS comes out with new shades from time to time so if you like the formula on this one, keep an eye out for future releases of additional shades. As for other concealer suggestions, you might want to look into Too Faced Born This Way Super Coverage Multi-Use Concealer Natural Beigeor Tarte Shape Tape Contour Concealer, the latter is available directly from Tarte or at Ulta.

Since it was the sample, there are other shades I could try @itsfi. But I wasn't wowed - though it would be hard to wow will only a couple uses in the sample. Thanks for your recommendations. I am lucky with pretty good skin but I think a concealer to cover a bit more of my redness when I use something light like BB/CC cream would be wonderful to have. I prefer a natural, maybe leaning more matte finish. Do you think one of the two you suggested would be more along those lines than the other?

@ShortErica, all three (NARS, Too Faced and Tarte) have a natural finish; as I think about it, I don't know which would be the more matte of the 3. 😞  Too Faced is full coverage; NARS is medium to full coverage and the Tarte is in between. I wear concealer most days to cover some redness around my nose and acne scars along my jawline and it's sometimes the only base makeup I wear on weekends. I'll try to remember to pull all 3 out tonight to see which of them leans matte.

That's good to know @itsfi. I'll look forward to hearing what you think. I'm pretty sure all 3 looked to have a decent shade range but I wonder if one will match my skin better than the others. I guess I have a good excuse to get some samples! 🙂

@ShortErica, I wouldn't say these 3 are matte in coverage but of the 3, I'd say the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer is the more matte (but I wouldn't say it's matte), followed by the Tarte and then the Too Faced. I also thought of another concealer you might be interested in, particularly if you are looking for something that leans matte - NARS Soft Matte Complete Concealer Biscuit

This is why makeup is wonderful and frustrating- too many choices! Thanks for checking those out and the additional recommendation @itsfi 

@itsfi did you find the tarte too drying on your dry skin? I primarily use concealer under eye, so it’s a bit different, but I found the tarte was so drying to that area where the too faced was much less so. Does the same apply to covering spots? 

@ShortErica 

@missjeanie, I agree that of those 3 concealers, the TF is the more hydrating for under the eyes. For under eye concealer, I like to dab an oil in that area, let it absorb a bit into the skin and then apply concealer; it hydrates that area a bit more so product is less drying.  I also like Tatcha The Pearl Tinted Eye Illuminating Treatment Moonlightfor under the eyes.

In terms of covering spots, I find the Too Faced to be both fuller in coverage and creamier / more hydrating in consistency. The Tarte is next for coverage, followed by the NARS. The areas where I need to cover spots tends to be the oilier parts of my face - along my jawline, so if it's a little drying it doesn't bother me too much. But for the dry parts, under eyes, I layer an oil (or a serum) underneath the concealer.

@ShortErica 

@itsfigood tip with an oil under the concealer undereye.  I find for covering spots the NARS Soft Matte Complete Concealer Biscuit has better staying power for me.  Have you tried it?  It has been a hot minute since I've given the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer Madeleine a test run though.  Maybe I should give it another shot, it's so popular for a reason right? @ShortErica 

@missjeanie, I have tried the NARS Soft Matte Concealer and like it. It gets more use when I have more time in the mornings. I reach for concealers with a wand a lot because they’re convenient; I can dot it on and quickly pat to blend while I’m waiting for my car to warm up 😆 or I can use it quickly once I get to work if I need to. 

You know what @itsfi ... I never really thought of it... but I do the same thing.  Wand concealers get used a lot more than pots or tubes for me.  The others get used if I'm getting ready mid-day or touching up in the evening when I have more time. What a great observation.  I think now that it's been pointed out, I'll gravitate towards purchasing more wand style and less pots/tubes. 

I'm so glad you found your perfect setting powder @ShortErica !  Such a hard thing to do!

Thanks @missjeanie! Part of me wants to try others such as the Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder Translucent since it has such good reviews but another part of me is like why push the envelope when you have something good. Do you have a favorite?

@ShortErica  I tend to bounce around with setting powders. I’ve gone back to the make up forever and the Laura Mercier secret brightening powder a few times though. I found the regular Laura Mercier translucent darkened my concealer a bit and honestly didn’t get the huge hype. I have à Becca  one to try soon, but I’ve certainly learned that some (I’m lookin at you KVD) are worse and cakier than others. 

Mid bet that you could a sample at Sephora that wouldn’t be too ‘contamined’ just due to the sifters etc. If you wanted to test a new one?

Good idea @missjeanie. Has there ever been a setting powders Sephora Favorites kit? That would be useful for me. 😉

Oh for sure! I’m pretty sure that’s where I’ve gotten a few to try! I see two on the Canadian site right now. The fresh face set actually looks like a nice set @ShortErica !

testing