cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying ๐Ÿ™‚

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - 2019

My sheet masks empties for the last couple of weeks:

"I want to grow old with you" sheet masks! <3 <3"I want to grow old with you" sheet masks! โค๏ธ โค๏ธ

Spoiler
These are amazing sheet masks! Love, love, LOVE these! โ™ฅ๏ธ โ™ฅ๏ธ โ™ฅ๏ธ Most of these focus solely on hydration, which is perfect for someone with dehydrated-dry skin like me. I would happily have my masking stash consisted primarily of these sheet masks. Itโ€™s really difficult to narrow it down even further and choose a favorite from this group because they really are so good. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

"This could be love" sheet masks."This could be love" sheet masks.

Spoiler
Hydrating ๐Ÿ’ฆ  sheet masks are what I love most and gravitate to, but every so often there are sheet masks with a main purpose other than hydration that I would happily include in a weekly routine. These masks stand out to me because theyโ€™re a bit different than the usual suspects and work amazingly well! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

"I really like you, like you" sheet masks. :)"I really like you, like you" sheet masks. ๐Ÿ™‚

Spoiler
These sheet mask do what they say and they do it well. The Dear, Klairs Midnight Blue Calming Sheet Mask and Kocostar Kiwi Slice Mask Sheet ๐Ÿฅ are ones I would keep on hand in a skincare emergency kit as well as to use just because! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Maybe?Maybe?

Spoiler
This is a full face bubbling / foaming sheet mask that I could see myself getting along with, but I prefer wash off masks when it comes to bubbling or foaming mask. That said, if I were to go for a full face sheet mask of this type, this would be the one I'd choose.

Let's move on...Let's move on...

Spoiler
These are just not what I'm looking for in sheet masks, for one reason or another. The H2O+ Beauty Oasis sheet mask might be better suited for someone with oily skin but other than being a lovely fit, it didn't feel like it did anything for my skin. The Kose Sekkisei sheet mask didn't yield any negative results; in fact, my skin looked more hydrated than it did with the H2O+ Beauty mask, but alcohol is the 2nd ingredient in the ingredients list for the Kose mask and that's too high on the list for my liking. 

love your mask trash @itsfi ๐Ÿ˜

love your mask trash @itsfi ๐Ÿ˜

Re: love your mask trash @itsfi ๐Ÿ˜

Thanks @lmaster! ๐Ÿค— Iโ€™m still working on remembering to hold onto them and finding a good system that keeps me from just tossing it immediately after use. 

@itsfi @lmaster the clear plastic sample baggies Sephora uses are the perfect size;)

@eshoe, do you mean the ones that come in online orders? 

Oops, yes-those ones @itsfi. They fit sheet masks nicely and I have a decent supply, so at least they are getting a second life๐Ÿ˜„

Okay, Iโ€™ll give those a try too @eshoe! Iโ€™ve been using them to sort foils and DS to donate or gift. My knee jerk reaction is to toss my sheet masks after Iโ€™ve applied it and looked at the directions for wear time, especially if itโ€™s the night the trash gets taken out or the morning itโ€™s picked up, but am getting a little better at holding onto them through the end of the week - I find that when Iโ€™m rating them for empties, itโ€™s sometimes relative to what other masks Iโ€™ve used that week. Hmmm... ๐Ÿค” 

Yes, I find it helpful to look at the weekโ€™s mask as a whole, @itsfi. Sometimes I donโ€™t think much either way of a mask when I look at it at the end of the week. When I canโ€™t rememebr anything amazing or terrible about it, it helps me designate it as a โ€˜do not repurchaseโ€™ mask.

I know @itsfi I just keep a little mesh type bag in the bathroom ๐Ÿ˜‰

Thatโ€™s a great idea @lmaster! ๐Ÿค— I just started using a little bag for my bottles and foils, but empty sheet masks can pile up pretty quickly for me; will look for a mesh bag - I know I have plenty of extras. ๐Ÿ˜†

Last week was a good week for sheet masks โ€“ I think I may be missing a couple of mask, but the week had lots of loves, a few likes, and best of all, zero noโ€™s. ๐Ÿ™‚

LOVES - "I want to grow old with you" sheet masks!LOVES - "I want to grow old with you" sheet masks!

Spoiler

Top row:

• Feelxo Glowing Marigold Mask is a lightweight, soft microfiber mask that adheres very well and is feels extremely comfortable; leaves my skin with a moisturized glow.
  • Bath & Body Works Petal-Infused Hydrogel Mask with Rose was one of the standouts from a group of excellent sheet masks this week. Itโ€™s a 2-piece hydrogel that smells like real roses, fresh from a garden. If B&BW still carried these, Iโ€™d buy them all.
  • Missha Herb in Nude Sheet Mask Vitality Care feels like second skin and is as close to a near perfect fit for my face shape as Iโ€™ve come to know. I sure hope Missha restocks the masks from this line soon.
  • 23 years old RoseGold24 Mask is a mouth-less mask that is thicker and bouncier than the standard sheet mask, but that adheres amazingly well. My love for this mask is one of the biggest surprises for me this year (so far) where sheet masks are concerned.

Bottom row:         

• AZ Derm Dermatastic Water-Fit Mask is a very thin, delicate, lightweight sheet mask that does a nice job of infusing the skin with hydration
  • Innisfree My Real Squeeze Mask (Bamboo) โ€“ the masks from this line are usually hit or miss for me, and this bamboo one is a hit. It would make a great everyday mask.
  • Innisfree Jeju Orchid Enriched Cream Mask doesnโ€™t feel like thereโ€™s a lot of essence to this mask when you first apply it to your face, but thereโ€™s actually a good amount that transfers onto the skin and itโ€™s very hydrating and moisturizing.
  • Illiyoon Ceramide Intensive Moisture Mask is a 2-piece soft, cotton sheet mask that is full (but not oversaturated or dripping) with a light but slightly viscous watered-down milky essence. Itโ€™s great for my dehydrated dry skin this winter.

LIKE - "I like you" sheet masksLIKE - "I like you" sheet masks

Spoiler
  • Innisfree Special Care Mask (for Hand and Foot) are nice enough sheet masks that do a good job of making the hands/feet soft and moisturized. My favorites are still the ones from the Sephora Collection but these work fine. Neither include sticker tabs to secure the mask in place; itโ€™s less of a concern for me with the hand mask; for the foot mask, I put on a pair of socks which kept the foot masks securely in place as I walked around the house.
  • boo bamboo Anti-Aging Sheet Mask (Geranium & Collagen) โ€“ charcoal fiber sheet mask with good adherence; the scent isnโ€™t the most pleasing, but the mask leaves my skin plump, hydrated and with a fresh glow to it, so I can overlook the scent, but I prefer the hydrating (coconut) version from this line.

Love that you had no "bad relationships" in this batch of empties! @itsfi 

Me too @missjeanie! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ It makes it so much more enjoyable when sheet masks and I are on good terms! Hahaha! ๐Ÿ˜‚

great mask empties @itsfi ๐Ÿ’–

great mask empties @itsfi ๐Ÿ’–

Re: great mask empties @itsfi ๐Ÿ’–

Thanks @lmaster! Trying to remember to keep all of them is the hardest part! 

Re: great mask empties @itsfi ๐Ÿ’–

I know @itsfi I have a mesh bag I put all mine in, it's funny trying to remember to keep your empties lol

Oh goodness I love that category @itsfi! I have a few I want to grow old with, too๐Ÿ˜‚ Fantastic Empties!

It seemed like a fitting category @eshoe! ๐Ÿ˜‰โ™ฅ๏ธโ˜บ๏ธ Iโ€™m happy there were zero โ€œnoโ€ masks.

@itsfi So glad to hear that you liked all of your empties! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Best,
Rebecca

Thank you @RebeccaBT! It was a good week for masks! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

So little month ... SO MANY EMPTIES!!!February Empties!!!!!!!!!!!February Empties!!!!!!!!!!!

Spoiler
I didn't realize how much stuff I was able to get through until I laid it all out for the photo. I enjoyed using most of everything. The only ones that get a thumbs down for me are the Ole Henriksen foils (everything immediately started irritated my skin, and I do not do skincare that burns), the Sephora Charcoal Exfoliating Wipes (the exfoliation side is way to rough on the skin even with a light touch), and the Atelier Cologne Clementine California (didn't work well with my body chemistry).

4 Replies
testing