Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Makeup Is Life

Empties - 2019

Seeing product empties is so satisfying Smiley Happy

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: love your mask trash @itsfi 😍

Oops, yes-those ones @itsfi. They fit sheet masks nicely and I have a decent supply, so at least they are getting a second life😄

Okay, I’ll give those a try too @eshoe! I’ve been using them to sort foils and DS to donate or gift. My knee jerk reaction is to toss my sheet masks after I’ve applied it and looked at the directions for wear time, especially if it’s the night the trash gets taken out or the morning it’s picked up, but am getting a little better at holding onto them through the end of the week - I find that when I’m rating them for empties, it’s sometimes relative to what other masks I’ve used that week. Hmmm... 🤔 

Yes, I find it helpful to look at the week’s mask as a whole, @itsfi. Sometimes I don’t think much either way of a mask when I look at it at the end of the week. When I can’t rememebr anything amazing or terrible about it, it helps me designate it as a ‘do not repurchase’ mask.

I know @itsfi I just keep a little mesh type bag in the bathroom 😉

That’s a great idea @lmaster! 🤗 I just started using a little bag for my bottles and foils, but empty sheet masks can pile up pretty quickly for me; will look for a mesh bag - I know I have plenty of extras. 😆

Re: Empties - 2019

March empties part 1CCE68353-E72B-4196-B807-455B243DEDE0.jpegLoves1617FB29-5332-4DEA-9161-50BC16A48ACC.jpegNopes and some are way expired !

Lots of good empties @keana1! 😁 I love that Neutrogena shampoo! 💖 It’s so good for cleansing hair of buildup and residue from products. 😍

Thanks @itsfi ! The Neutrogena shampoo works wonders but I don’t use it every time I wash my hair, it would be too harsh! 

Completely agree @keana1; I use it about once every 10-14 days, depending on how often I wash my hair or put product in it.

good job @keana1 I need to get to decluttering the expire...

good job @keana1 I need to get to decluttering the expired mess of products 😅😆

Re: good job @keana1 I need to get to decluttering the expire...

Thanks @lmaster ! I needed the space so I decided to declutter some items. I don’t even know why I was keeping expired skincare products! At least they’re gone now! 

Weekly trash:9F09CF16-0FBE-4B17-B1AF-A1E7270B028E.jpeg

Spoiler
All of these masks were loves except for the OhK! and Prreti Moisture ChokChok at the bottom right. The OhK! was perfume-y and I could have done without the added fragrance as it was a great mask (think Glow Recipe Watermelon Jelly goodness). (💗 to @veronika23 for sending the Keroppi Crème Shop mask!)

34FCF55B-96C2-4157-8C67-9CAC8AB4298E.jpeg

Spoiler
Top is a 💗 a thousand times over. I rarely use concealer, but if I need it this is it. It takes a bit of work and coaxing, but as you tap it, it almost illuminates. The Dior is very nice but I compare everything to the Armani Luminous Foundation, and this seems to have denser coverage the first go-round. It also seemed to have a bit of a chemical scent, which I found unusual for Dior as their products usually have a very pleasant scent. I just chalk it up to the packaging.

Destashing the Tarte and Origins; the Armani replaced the Tarte and I have a backup of the Origins I need to start using. The Sephora Coconut Sleeping Mask was a wonderful gift from  and I would repurchase for a trip; the packaging and price are perfect!

The Prevage was just weird; like a cream banana powder that seemed to turn my skin yellow. Not a fan. Used the Elemis for my neck, didn’t care for the scent. The Shiseido cream was nice, I might repurchase when I get too lazy to blend my La La with different oils at night😄

@eshoe Awesome products!

Best,

Rebecca

Weekly empties. All are loves! The Sephora Collection orchid mask and living proof detox were the only new items and I will definitely be buying them!

9EA979C4-3401-4604-9DE5-2AC247A49D7A.jpeg

F74698B5-10DD-48B8-AAA1-919D85527E04.jpeg

@faeriegirl Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Best,

Rebecca

I keep forgetting about that bath bomb @faeriegirl I must...

I keep forgetting about that bath bomb @faeriegirl I must try it 😊

You got a sample of the LP Detox @faeriegirl! I didn’t even see that, I would have picked one up. Nice masking, too👍🏼😊

@eshoe It was a sample from Nordstrom. I wish Sephora would get samples of it too. I’m gonna try to hold out until the next sale to buy a full size. 

Empties - 2019

My mid month trash for March and I forgot 2 🤦‍♀️ the bottom row- I think the soothing jelly mask broke me out (its was just too much hydration for me-maybe during the summer it would be ok) purlisse (if I remember right) irritated my eyes but was nice & the yttp cleanser was too drying. I'm hoping during the summer I could use my other bottle.( I destashed my third bottle.) Alterna CC...I just cant figure out if i like this or not🤔. I get better results the 2nd day...the first day it just dries out my hair. Maybe I need to try it out on wet/damp hair? KS is just meh so far....got 2 uses out of the foil, used days a part. At least it didnt break me out.

@sonnydee, I like the Alterna CC cream but have found that it works best for me if I apply it when my hair is damp or just towel-dried. 👍🏼 I tried applying it to dry hair once and well, I’ve never tried applying it to dry hair again. 😆 

how's to see how you feel about the yttp! @sonnydee I've...

how's to see how you feel about the yttp! @sonnydee I've been very curious about this, but if it's too drying, I'm out 😆
4 Replies