cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - 2019

That's a lot of empties for one month!  Way to go on using up what you have @ellem24 !

@ellem24 I wasn't too impressed with the tatcha sheet mas...

@ellem24 I wasn't too impressed with the tatcha sheet mask,, sorry you had a reaction 😳

My up-to-date empties 77CF1B2B-39AB-4EA8-A92E-22C2F1768ACF.jpeg

8A998000-DC2F-4707-BA91-C385804012C7.jpeg

I just realized I have enough cleanser samples that lasts me until end of the year and even after that. So no more buying just to get gwp for me 😂

do you know how much discipline it has taken me @blackkit...

do you know how much discipline it has taken me @blackkitty2014 those gwp used to be my nemesis 😂😂😂

@blackkitty2014 WOW! Awesome job! Love all your cleansers!

Best,

Rebecca

March empties 

Loves-briogeo willbuy in future decided to try verb ghost shampoo. Paula’s choice is HG for me so hydrating and soothing I love tonic in facial oils and pat on my face.all I have backups for except the ordinary, neutrogena and kvd tatoo liner I mad maxLoves-briogeo willbuy in future decided to try verb ghost shampoo. Paula’s choice is HG for me so hydrating and soothing I love tonic in facial oils and pat on my face.all I have backups for except the ordinary, neutrogena and kvd tatoo liner I mad max

AE981E2B-FC6D-42B1-8EBD-38428AD94E3F.jpeg

Likes- would repurchase possibly in the future, the leaders one was pretty hydrating so would most likely pick up at targetLikes- would repurchase possibly in the future, the leaders one was pretty hydrating so would most likely pick up at target

You have so many great products here @jen81! That Paula’s Choice sounds really good - hydrating and soothing toners are always something I like to use; will take a look at that one.

really nice empties! good job some good ones I love @jen8...

really nice empties! good job some good ones I love @jen81 😍

January EmptiesIMG_0817.jpg

Spoiler
Repurchases
- Frudia Blueberry Hydrating Mask (x5)
- Mamonde Hibiscus Flower Lab Essence Mask
- Leaders AC Clear Treatment Mask (x2)

IMG_0822.jpg

Spoiler
Repurchases
- Dove Deep Moisture Nourishing Body  Wash
- Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Strength & Restore Conditioner
- Alikay Naturals Lemongrass Leave in Conditioner
- Simple Cleansing Wipes
- Belif The True Cream Moisturizing Bomb
- Fresh Black Tea Age-Delay Eye Concentrate
- Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer
- Neutrogena Body Oil
- Murad Hydro-Dynamic Quenching Essence
- Bite Beauty Agave Lip  Mask

IMG_0823.jpg

Spoiler
Products I would repurchase
- Leader Labotica Green Tea Lip & Eye Point Remover Cleansing Wipes
- Maelove The Glow Maker Antioxidant Serum
- Youth to the People Adaptogen Deep Moisture Cream
- Kiehl's Buttemask For Lips
- Murad Rejuvenating AHA Hand Cream
- Softsoap Juicy Pomegranate & Mango Body Wash
- PTR Hungarian Thermal Water Moisturizer

IMG_0825.jpg

Spoiler
Products I would repurchase
- Papa Recipe Bombee Honey Mask (x2)
- Papa Recipe Bombee Ginseng Red Honey Oil Mask Pack
- Papa Recipe Bombee Honey Butter Cream Mask Pack
- E Nature Birch Juice Hydro Cream Sheet Mask
- Jayjun Essential Therapy Brightening Mask
- Dewytree Vitamin Melting-chou Mask

IMG_0826.jpg

Spoiler
Top Row- Just ok
- Papa Recipe Bombee Rose Gold Honey Mask Pack (x2)
- Raw Sugar Gentle Lip Scrub
- The Ordinary Caffeine Solution 5% + EGCG
- Lancome Renergie Lift Multi-Action Eye
- PTR Hungarian Thermal Water Mineral-Rich Atomic Heat Mask

2nd Row - I'd have to try these again because I don't remember how I felt about them
- Soko Ready Gold  Foil Sheet Mask
- Acure Argan Oil + Hyaluronic Acid Sheet Mask
- SooAE Hydration Alert Sensor Mask

those look like great masks @MoniDJ thanks for sharing 😄

those look like great masks @MoniDJ thanks for sharing 😄

So many empties @MoniDJ !!! I LOVE it!!

January empties MasksMasks

DE180B52-93A2-42A3-BEB2-A9FB8A412871.jpeg

Spoiler

I was not impressed by the Kiehl’s it was very hard the get out of the bottle. WNRP

I love Hempz lotions and will continue to purchase. 

The Yesto tomatoes was good for when my face felt clogged or extra dirty. 

Clinique is just a good staple moisturizer. I use this when my face is feeling irritated. 

The tarte lip rescue quench were drying over time. WNRP 

Answer from collagen eye cream was fine, but nothing special. Would use it again, but would probably not seek it out to purchase. 

I absolutely HATE that Kiehl's bottle too @emaisgr8 , but the product works like a dream for my dry skin! 

I love hempz too @emaisgr8 I purchased a couple mini size...

I love hempz too @emaisgr8 I purchased a couple mini sizes from Ulta I they were more holiday scented ones 😍

My empties for January! DislikesDislikes

Spoiler
Narciso Rodriguez For Her Eau de Toilette - Scent didn't work for me
Tarte Maracujá Lip Exfoliant - Turned into glue, so I used it as a hand scrub
Fresh Sugar Lip Polish - Got crumbly , so I used it as a hand scrub
SheaMoisture Cleansing Balm - WAAAAAAAY too greasy
Makeup Revolution Hyaluronic Makeup Fixing Spray - The sprayer was not good 
Kiel's Hydrating Spray - Second Ingredient is Denatured Alcohol! 
NYX Lip Primer - Was hit or miss with my lipsticks

LikesLikes

Spoiler
E.L.F. Cleansing Wipes - Decent with an enjoyable scent. I use them for wiping makeup off my hands.
Carol's Daughter Hair Milk - Not the best. Not the worst.
C. Booth Vanilla Butter Body Lotion - Good moisturizer with a nice light scent
Tree Hut Shea Sugar Scrub in Brazilian Nut- Good scrub
SheaMoisture Manuka Honey and Yogurt Conditioner - I like the scent, but it is too heavy as a pre-poo treatment for my low porosity hair.
Up and Up Baby Hair and Body Wash - I use this to keep my Clarisonic brush head clean
Clinique Mild Liquid Facial Soap - Decent face wash that doesn't dry out my skin
Kiehl's Calendula and Aloe Hydration Masque - Works well to bring back moisture after exfoliating. I will definitely try the full size.
Ulta Beauty Automatic Lip Liner in Spice - Great nude lip liner color!
Acqua di Gioia Eau de Parfum - Nice light fragrance. I might try it in a bigger size

LovesLoves

Spoiler
Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Bum Bum Cream (Mini Size) - The scent alone will keep me buying this!
Clinique All About Eyes De-Puffing Serum - I love rolling this around my eyes every morning.
Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Bum Bum Cream - This one has the cream texture, which feels like I go through the jar faster. 
Burberry Eau de Parfum - Love the warm and spicy scent, but this bottle didn't have lasting power throughout the day.
NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Amande - My favorite under eye concealer!
Ulta Beauty Automatic Lip Liner in Clear - Works great to keep my lipstick from feathering.
Sephora Aloe Vera Hand Mask - Love the scent and makes my hands feel super soft after scrubbing.
Sephora Almond Foot Mask - These are a little too small for my feet, so I have to be careful when putting them on, but I love the scent and how soft my feet feel afterwards.
Sephora Avocado Hand Mask - Same as the Aloe Vera one!

well, you knocked though some products @sephoraaddict918...

well, you knocked though some products @sephoraaddict918 impressive

@sephoraaddict918, LOVE the Sephora hand and foot masks!! ♥️♥️ The Sol de Janeiro smells amazing! Great way to repurpose that Fresh lip scrub; I’m currently repurposing a “meh” lip scrub as a foot scrub! 😉

This month I’ve been able to finish 11 items! I don’t count sheet masks or foils because I would never be able to keep them for a month and remember what I used 🤷🏽‍♀️

Spoiler

Loves:

Neutrogena T-Gel. This is a no-fuss clarifying shampoo. I’ve been using it once a week forever to help with product and dry shampoo buildup and prevent dandruff. It’s not fancy but I swear by it!

FAB ultra repair. Swear by it, works on my dry sensitive skin without issues. Can’t say enough good things about this and will buy it forever 😂 I only wish that it came in a bigger tube size. I won’t buy the tub even though I’d use that much just because I much prefer a tube.

John frieda in shower lightening treatments. This definitely did the job of lightening my bleached hair in one use. I combined it with a purple toned conditioner. I didn’t find that it dried my hair out at all. The smell was exactly the same as the bleach smell at a hair salon, which was a little overpowering in a hot shower. Probably wouldn’t rebuy it just because I was trying to refresh my hair in between salon visits, but I think I’ll leave it up to the professionals for now 😂

FAB ultra repair lip therapy. I liked this a lot. It kept my lips moisturized and was a nice barrier against the cold. I like using the Rosebud lip salve normally, but I only like the tin version for some reason. This was good because it was the same consistency. I have another one because I purchased the Hydration Harbour set around the holidays and will use it, but not sure I would repurchase it on its own. Towards the end, it started separating which was a little gross (an oily liquid would come out before the salve/gel).

Thank U, Next: 

Urban decay - hi fi shine cushion lipgloss in naked. The color payoff was low, and the staying power was non existent. It had a minty feeling, and I think if I wanted that I would prefer a Buxom gloss.

L’occitane verveine cooling hand creme gel. It didn’t go a great job of hydrating my hands and left them greasy because of the gel texture. The smell was good though! Didn’t notice too much of a cooling effect. 

Cake the do gooder dry shampoo. The smell was a bit overpowering for me, and I don’t think it did a fantastic job. I much prefer my Batiste dry shampoo, and I’ll stick with that! It was okay though, just not for me. I have dark, fine hair. It may work better for someone with a different hair texture. 

Living proof neotensil wipes. These have been living in my gym bag forever as a “just in case I need” makeup remover wipe. I have no idea what the intended use is for these as I believe they were discontinued (I picked up a pack of 60 for 3.99 at winners). They did a decent job of removing any makeup I missed, or doing a quick removal if I didn’t have time to take my makeup off before working out. Mainly wouldn’t buy them again because I have SC wipes and Creme shop ones that do a better job (because they’re actually for removing makeup haha).

Ponds dry skin creme. This was a no from me because it was just way too thick for my face. I ended up using it as a body moisturizer, which it did a great job of. I wouldn’t repurchase this because I have tons of body lotion, and I really don’t like body lotion that comes in tubs. Towards the end I used a masking tool to get at the product.

pantene weekly rehab creme. I didn’t notice too much of a difference while using this. It did smell nice and fresh though. I’ve realized that in-shower hair masks just aren’t for me. 

St Ives fresh skin apricot scrub mini. I love the smell, and used this a long time ago. It’s just too abrasive now for my more sensitive skin, and I’ve been turning more to chemical exfoliators versus physical exfoliators. If I’m going to do a physical one, it’s with my Foreo Luna for sensitive skin on a low setting

44CE67B9-3078-419D-9926-7801707AF617.jpeg

Oh, that FAB lip therapy sounds nice @cianni! I think I may have this one; will have to look for it. I completely know what you mean about liking the Rosebud Salve in the tin more than the tube version! 

I really like the FAB Lip Therapy too! I have one in my makeup bag at work that I've been working to get through. That stuff lasts forever since a little goes a long way!!! That St. Ives is way too harsh for my sensitive skin too. 

Late posting of my december empties!

LovesLoves

Spoiler

Loves :

Ouai Scalp & body scrub : Scent is pretty strong, but nice and feminine (if you're extremely sensitive to scented products I wouldn't recommend). Already bought a second one, works wonderfully for my scalp. I loved the Christophe Robin’s scrub, but it’s so expensive. Glad I found a less pricy alternative!

Benefit Roller Lash Mascara : Wonderful length, slim plastic brush without too much product on it, clump free, no smudges or flaking!

Sephora Collection Mud Mask Purifying & Mattifying : Really nice, my pores looked clean and my skin was pretty matte afterwards.

Sephora Collection Solid Cleanser : The best to clean makeup sponges and brushes. I can't use anything else when it comes to deep cleaning my tools. They come out looking new.

Herbivore Lapis Oil Balancing Facial Oil : Absorbs beautifully, really hydrating, made my pimples noticeably smaller the next morning.

Biossance Squalane + Vitamin C Rose Oil : Smell like roses, feels luxurious, calming, nice hydration, absorbs easily.

Verso Reviving Eye Mask : Super brightening, soft cool gel patches that are soothing, make the undereye area plump and youthful.

Creme Shop Masks (peppermint oil & naughty) : Amazing!!! Although I think the shape of the sheets fit a bit weirdly on the face, there's just enough serum, it doesn't leave a residue on the skin and makes a nice difference!

LikesLikes

Spoiler

Kopari Coconut Melt : The price is a bit too high for coconut oil, but it's so good I still like it. Makes my skin glow and smells delicious. 

Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair! Hair Mask : Like it, nice hydration, love the ingredients. Makes my hair looking silky and healthy. It helps, but not as much as I expected.

Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Mask : This was the first hair mask I tried back when I started taking care of my hair and remember really liking it. I bought a second jar. It's a deep nourishing mask, contains a LOT of glycerin. It's doesn't weigh down my hair too much. Takes a lot of time to rinse off your hair because it's so heavy.

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Anti-Wrinkle Moisturizer : Nice moisturizer, not too thick. Did repair some damage of the harsh cold weather. Would love to try more to get a better opinion.

First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream : Amazing for winter time. I prefer the consistency in the tube rather than in the jar for some reason(?), it absorbs quicker.

Crème Shop mask : Good little mask, not too moisturizing or glowing, but it was nice.

Too Faced Mascara Melt-Off : I bought this after trying a sample. Definitely don't see this reducing the rubbing and tugging of my eyes that much, but it's nice to dissolves even the thickest, crustiest layer of mascara and simplifies my nighttime routine. It's nice, but it's basically a conditioning oil so if you already have a makeup remover that you like and works for removing your mascara I don't see it as a totally useful purchase. It's an extra step, maybe not worth it for everybody.

The Browgal Instatint in Brown : Nice little spoolie that makes it easy to work with. Can clump a little bit so you have to spread out carefully in your brows. I found it not as thickening as the Gimme Brow, it's more subtle. The shade was a little bit too dark with a reddish undertone for me, but it was nice.

Cover FX Illuminating Setting Spray : BEST mist ever, so fine and diffuse perfectly. Although, you do need to shake it for a long time otherwise you’ll get glitter on your face.

LaNeige Water Sleeping Mask : Great for a quick nighttime fix, not the most hydrating but still really good. Absorbs super fast, so your face doesn’t feel sticky all night.

Okay, mehOkay, meh

Spoiler

Okay : 

Ole Henriksen Balancing Force Oil Control Toner : I don't get the hype around this toner. Didn't notice any oil control during this past summer/autumn season. It did remove the extra makeup and dirt after double cleansing so that's why I categorize it as "okay".

Origins Clear Improvement Body Wash : Bought this in the sale section, I think they don't carry it anymore. It's an AMAZING body wash, but I hated the charcoal scent, it was way too strong... I used it as a shaving soap lol.

Briogeo Scalp Revival Cooling Jelly Conditioner : Was okay, but I prefer to use my conditioner only on my ends to moisturize them and go in with a scrub for my scalp. It's really cooling tho, so if you experience a lot of itchiness I would recommend.

Pixi Brow Tamer : I liked it at first, but with time I realized it's not super long lasting and it can form clumps so you have to be careful when applying. The spoolie is nice but so short it doesn't reach the product at the bottom of the tube so you end up not using 1/3 of the gel. Okay, but would not purchase.

Caudalie Divine Oil (I used it only on my body*) : Liked the formula but didn't see it as "divine". It's lightweight, non greasy. Went through the little bottle super quickly so I guess it would be expensive to use all year long. Hated the scent, like weirdly floral (grapes mixed with sesame). Love glass bottles, but would make it hard to travel with and you need to be careful not to drop it. 

REN Evercalm Global Protection Day Cream : Nice and moisturizing but it did clog my pores. Would recommend for dry skin.

Juice Beauty Oil Free Moisturizer : Same opinion than the REN cream.

Kirkland Daily Facial Cleansing Towelettes : They perform really well, no scent and just moist enough, but there is too much alcohol in them.

Nope, not for me!Nope, not for me!

Spoiler

Dislikes :

Joico K-Pak Shampoo : Used to do wonders when I bleached my hair. Now my untreated hair is much more oilier and this shampoo just makes it greasy. Smells amazing tho.

Cirem HCR 3-in-1 sheet mask : I'm not into this "compression" trend where you attach the mask behind your ears and under your chin. I get the concept, but it's just not comfortable to wear this for 20-30 minutes. Also, there was so much serum in it wouldn’t totally sink in. It's a pass for me.

2 Replies
testing