Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Makeup Is Life

Empties - 2019

Seeing product empties is so satisfying Smiley Happy

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - 2019

March empties 

0DE059DB-A317-46C0-BA60-C7F35101F222.jpegLoves-briogeo willbuy in future decided to try verb ghost shampoo. Paula’s choice is HG for me so hydrating and soothing I love tonic in facial oils and pat on my face.all I have backups for except the ordinary, neutrogena and kvd tatoo liner I mad max

AE981E2B-FC6D-42B1-8EBD-38428AD94E3F.jpeg

77B3AD94-D839-4E24-859F-33791CD1DA56.jpegLikes- would repurchase possibly in the future, the leaders one was pretty hydrating so would most likely pick up at target

You have so many great products here @jen81! That Paula’s Choice sounds really good - hydrating and soothing toners are always something I like to use; will take a look at that one.

really nice empties! good job some good ones I love @jen8...

really nice empties! good job some good ones I love @jen81 😍

RE: Empties - 2019

February empties!

Re: RE: Empties - 2019

I’ve heard good things about the purpletale mask pack @cindyvonlovely! Love that it has pretty much all your evening skincare needs in one packet! 💜

love it! @cindyvonlovely good job

love it! @cindyvonlovely good job

Re: RE: Empties - 2019

@cindyvonlovely  the beauty for real liner is 👍

I'm not at home, so I don't have all of my pics so I'm not bothering with them at all.  I will post mini reviews and if I'll repurchase or not though!

Skincare Empties

Spoiler

SOL DE JANEIRO - Coco Cabana Cream

So I ended up finishing up my travel size of the Coco Cabana Cream since I've started staying at my father's place.  For the past two weeks, I've been wondering why my thighs have been burning and I assumed it was because I actually burnt myself at work.  Nope, I was having an allergic reaction to the cream because my arms were also a lovely shade of pink.  While my skin was soft, not worth the discomfort.

Pixi Double Cleanse

I love Caroline Hiran so I ended up purchasing this little beauty over the summer.  This is my third or fourth tub and while it's a great budget friendly option, I will be holding off on repurchasing just because there are a few other things I'd rather try and I typically go through more of the balm than the cream and would rather not be as wasteful.  I will 100% recommend this to my friends who aren't as into skincare as I am.  Also, vegan.

HERBIVORE - Pink Cloud Rosewater Moisture Crème

I purchased this back in November on a whim.  Despite the fact I have a rose tattooed on me, I'm very sensitive to the scent of roses (find it just a touch too intense most of the time) but looking for a vegan moisturizer on a time crunch that would actually help my dry skin, I grabbed the first thing that had good enough reviews.  It's an OK formula, nothing that I'm willing to run out to replace right away.

FRESH - Soy Face Cleanser

This is a staple in my skincare collection.  It's basic and safe.  I'll probably always have at least a mini tube of this in my collection.

FARMACY - Honey Potion Renewing Antioxidant Hydration Mask with Echinacea

GreenEnvy™

Holy mouthful on this one.  I finally finished up my DS size container since I didn't want to bring too much with me.  It was nice, it nourished my skin and only left my cheeks a little flushed but nothing that a good nourishing oil couldn't combat.  Will repurchase, probably during a sale.

GLAMGLOW - SUPERMUD® Activated Charcoal Treatment Mask

It took forever to get through this mask because I could only use it as a spot treatment.  It's just too harsh for my skin to use on a regular basis or all over.  It was effective to clear up problem spots but for the price, I'd rather not.

FRESH - Rose Deep Hydration Facial Toner

Why do I buy so many things with rose in it despite knowing how I feel about roses?  LOL.  It was nice but due to the scent, it took me an embarrassingly long time to go through.  I have other toners I've enjoyed more so I'll pass. 

EOS Hibiscus Peach Crystal Clear lip balm

This wasn't an empty empty but it was a "had to throw out anyway" thing.  The sphere ended up breaking off and fell out of the component when I was trying to apply it one day.  It was an OK lip balm but how emollient that it is, it's an issue.  If I want something for my handbag, I want something user friendly.

KOPARI - Coconut Lip Glossy

I have a thing for lip balms and masks, I can't help it.  This is really nice and super glossy.  It even has a mild plumping effect. I'm the dryest person known to man so I'm constantly on the hunt for hydration.  I finished my clear tube and I'm thinking about getting the new nude shade because ya girl is a fan of nude lips, full brows and lashes. 

BITE BEAUTY - Agave Lip Mask 

This was my holy grail lip mask for so long but after trying the Laneige, I've decided to let our love affair take a little break.  I kept this in my desk drawer at work to help combat the controlled heat induced dry lips.

LANEIGE - Lip Sleeping Mask

I'm a sucker for anything Stephanie Nicole suggests so I bought it on a whim.  It's super creamy and helps my lips feel much softer overnight.  I ended up finishing the original scent, have the small size of the vanilla but am strongly considering getting the apple lime or the grapefruit next.  

Makeup Empties

Spoiler

ENEFIT COSMETICS - Precisely, My Brow Pencil Ultra Fine Shape & Define

This has become my favorite pencil, it's even replaced my Brow Wiz in my daily eyebrow routine.  I think it has something to do with how accessible that it is, given that I can go to SDM to cash in on easier to redeem money rewards but who knows.  4.5 is a perfect match for my cool toned brows. 

ANASTASIA BEVERLY HILLS - DIPBROW™ Pomade

This took me over a year to go through, partly because the shade was a little off for me (just a hair too warm) and partly because I prefer to use a pencil for everyday.  It's not a bad product just not the product for me.  Will not be repurchasing but I may try out the KaBrow because maybe if the color is closer, I'll be more inclined to use it. 

BENEFIT COSMETICS - The POREfessional Pearl Primer

I forgot I had this for the longest time.  It isn't even because it's a bad product, I really enjoyed the effect I got whenever I'd use this in my t-zone to hide the appearance of my pores.  I'll end up repurchasing a tube again at some point, pore filling primers just aren't something I gravitate towards. 

BEAUTYBLENDER - Bounce™ Liquid Whip Long Wear Foundation

I will take a second to point out that I managed to work through an entire bottle of this even with the undertone being a little off.  The consultant who matched me did not listen when I mentioned that I'm cool undertoned (my chest, hands and face are all very obviously pinky) but this foundation looked absolutely flawless on my dry skin.  If I neglected my skin, it would show as you'd expect with a (demi) matte formula but whenever I exfoliated this looked absolutely stunning.  Already repurchased.  In a better shade.

MILK MAKEUP - KUSH High Volume Mascara

I ended up purchasing the Sephora Favorites Lash Stash set because I absolutely love the Hourglass Caution Mascara but wanted to try this out as well, because it was also a vegan formula but had more nourishing claims.  It was an OK mascara but it left me with slightly clumpy volume.  Would not reject a mini but for the extra $3, I'd rather the hourglass

Ooooh, @Nickelliebear1, love your mini reviews and you used up some great products! 💗 The Laneige lip sleeping mask is a fave of mine - you can go wrong with either the grapefruit or apple lime one. LOVE Farmacy Honey Potion 🍯 - I take a DS with me on every trip! 

@Nickelliebear1  😬 eeeeee, I didn’t think that new sdj could get any worse.  The jelly belly buttered popcorn scent was too much for me.  If i’n Gonna smell like buttered popcorn it’s gonna be cause I ate buttered popcorn!  😂. 

Sorry to hear about the burning, @Nickelliebear1!  Thanks for your reviews on your other products!

A few empties from the past few weeks. I like to take photos from several months and do one big post Smiley Happy

Empties.JPEGExpired mini lippies and a Kari Gran lip whipExpired.JPEGI purchased this in late Nov and Sephora sent me an item that was set to expire in Dec. Fortunately they gave me a refund!Empties2.JPGAhhh-mazing night cream! I will def repurchase after I go through my stash of creams Smiley HappyEmpties3.JPGSome mini mascara empties. I plan to donate the wands to a company that uses them to brush little crittersEmpties4.jpgThis was a great buy from ulta (some sale last year). I would repurchase if the sale price was available again, but if not, then prob not.Empties5.jpgA mix of expired items and empties. When it starts to stink its time to go!

Phytonmakes really good hair products!  I especially liked their purple shampoo!  @trishavt 

Great job finishing up your mini mascaras, @trishavt!

great trash @trishavt

great trash @trishavt

You're right @trishavt... once things start to smell off... time to put them in the empties bin!  I love that you're donating the mascara wands!  I think I've heard of this group that uses them before?  If you remember could you post the group, or address to send them to?

@missjeanie The organization is Appalachian Wildlife Refuge (is this the one @trishavt )? They accept clean (I wash the mascara off with Dawn dish detergent), used wands for their Wands for Wildlife program! They don't want you to send them brand new wands since they want to recycle your old ones Smiley Happy

@RNGesusPlsAwesome thanks!  I'll try to remember to start putting mine aside and then send some in once I have a bag! 

That's the organization!  My Starbucks actually has a sign up in the cafe and we're accepting wands from customers/other vendors in the store.  Us baristas are always down to help the baby ducks.

@Nickelliebear1 Wow, that's great to hear and so convenient! I wish my local Starbucks did that. Would reduce the packaging supplies needed.

@trishavt, I love that you are donating the mascara wands and how they’ll be used! 💗

3 Replies