cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying ๐Ÿ™‚

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - 2019

@Sansara canโ€™t belive you hate baby facial, I confess I hate bum bum cream . Canโ€™t stand the smell! I keep wanting to try the Oskia renaissance cleanser. Just havenโ€™t jumped the gun yet. Love me some green clean. 

@jen81 Oskia  cleanser is amazing, this my bottle number 6 or 7, I think.

Wow, you went through so much cream!!!  Your skin must be soooo super soft!!!  

confession- I always forget to use the darn foot fetish cream and end up just using the bum bum cream for everything.  I have to make a point of using it up.  

@heartsmyface @I use foot cream for foot and hands both or vice versa. How to apply separate cream on your hands if you just applied foot cream? So one for all is great idea also ๐Ÿ™‚

Hi @Sansara ,

I love seeing all of the Bum Bum products! They are so great! I get so sad when I finish my Bum Bum Cream but then get so excited because it means I get to go buy a new one! ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

Best Wishes,

Janean

@Sansaralol like everyone else I could smell the bumbum cream through my laptop! lol.  Can I ask what it was about the DE babyfacial that you didn't like? 

@missjeanie  If you have sensitive prone skin, be careful with Drunk Elephant. Description says slightly tingling is ok, but I got freaking burning skin after 2 minutes and redness, like sunburn. I like DE overall, but this wasnโ€™t for me. 

@SansaraGotcha.  I've used the Babyfacial quite a bit and do get a little bit of a tingle, but I don't have sensitive skin generally.  I was curious to hear why you didn't like it, and that makes total sense!  Lots of great skin care out there to find one that doesn't hurt for you!

Lots of great empties @Sansara! SdJ smells amazing!! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Sansara  Awesome job! Looks like you like the Sol de Janeiro cream! Im also a big fan and got myself the jumbo sized tub during the 20% off sale last year ๐Ÿ™‚ 

@trishavt  Thank you! I love SdJ, specially ACAI one.

great job @Sansara Sol de janeiro ahhhhhhhhh love

great job @Sansara Sol de janeiro ahhhhhhhhh love

Re: great job @Sansara Sol de janeiro ahhhhhhhhh love

@lmasterseems like there are many SdJ fans here ๐Ÿ™‚

12 empties for this month, 10 of which are from my pan project โ˜บ๏ธ mini reviews in the spoiler

61C151EC-8634-4EB0-B761-CECDE5B237AB.jpeg

Spoiler

Love: OH sheer transformation perfecting moisturizer. Iโ€™ll use this forever as part of my AM routine, and is one of those staples that I come back to often. 

YTTP superfoods moisturizer. This was highly recommended by many BIC members, so I finally had to try it for myself. It definitely lives up to the hype! It definitely does smell like superfoods haha. I have another mini that I have yet to use, because I think itโ€™s just a touch too lightweight for my skins needs during these back to back polar vortexes.

Mario Badescu rosewater and aloe face mist. I keep repurchasing this, and will continue to. It refreshes the face, and I use it before a mask that has active ingredients or exfoliation. I also use it when my face is irritated, feels slightly tight, or even to wet my brush or sponge before applying makeup. Havenโ€™t tried it as a setting spray, but I have enough setting sprays that I know work for my oily skin that I probably would never use it that way. 

Like: Cover FX mattifying primer. It smooths and mattifies my oily skin, and the smell is pleasant. I just donโ€™t love the texture on first application, it feels a bit slimy on the skin at first. 

MAC pentultimate eye liner in rapid black - the color was great, the felt tip was easy to use and create crisp lines. The only downfall for me is that I found that the wing would fade throughout the day if I didnโ€™t set it with black eyeshadow, while the liner on my lid didnโ€™t fade at all. I donโ€™t know if they make this anymore, but I would use it again. 

MILK kush mascara. Smells like cinnamon (I think?), and the brush is nice, does a great job of lengthening lashes and giving a natural amount of volume without falling or clumping. I would repurchase it, but wouldnโ€™t consider it a holy grail item. 

Buxom full-on lipstick in Acapulco. These are discontinued, so even if itโ€™s my favourite thing in the world Iโ€™d be hard-pressed to find more. The color was great, application and coverage was great. Didnโ€™t notice plumping, but it was minty like other buxom products. This was one of my first lipstick products so I do have some nostalgia, but since discovering Bite matte lip crayons, those have dominated my collection and reclaimed the top spot for lip crayons.

Kerastase ciment hair mask. It only takes one minute in the shower, which works because I donโ€™t always have the time to let a mask sit for 5-10 minutes. I find that right out of the shower, my hair is SO dry and tangly after using this mask. But when itโ€™s dry, itโ€™s so incredibly soft, which is bit weird! I have to use a detangling spray to brush through it. Iโ€™d use it but probably wouldnโ€™t repurchase.

Vaseline aloe fresh moisturizer - the smell was light and pleasant, a little went a LONG way, and the aloe helped with my super dry winter skin. Plus it has SPF 15, which isnโ€™t something I often come across in a body lotion. I have a lot of this type of product, and Iโ€™m not super particular to be totally honest. I would use it again, but thereโ€™s too many on the market to commit to a holy grail body product like this. I probably would never buy another bottle of this size though haha.

Meh: Clinique acne solutions clarifying lotion. Wouldnโ€™t rebuy this. The smell was so strong, like nail polish remover. Made my skin super tight and dry. I donโ€™t believe it contained alcohol, and I think it did help keeping breakouts from forming, but there are SO many better and gentler products on the market. If this was a FS I probably wouldnโ€™t have finished it.

SK-II RNA cream (trial). Maybe the sample was too small to really tell, but it just felt like a nice moisturizer, and nothing special. The price would deter me from trying it again, although my face felt nice while using it, I just didnโ€™t love it enough to come up with that kinda cash to try further. 

Girl, Bye: Global Beauty Charcoal Gel Mask. Wouldnโ€™t wish this slimy, slippery, wet, sparkly mess of a mask on my worst enemy. No results, but it will make your sink a disaster. Only pro: came with a masking tool that I use with other, more worthy masks. 

Hi @cianni ,

I feel SO ACCOMPLISHED when I finish a huge bottle of lotion! Great empties! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

@JaneanBT right!! At the time it seems like a great dollar value, but 6 months later itโ€™s still 3/4 full ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿฝโ€โ™€๏ธ

Great job on your goals, @cianni!

Thank you!! @curlychiquita โค๏ธ

@cianniyou're killing your project pan goals!! 

Thank you! @missjeanie part of me is motivated by making room for more stuff, the other part of me is just purely curious how long I can go without needing to buy anything... I suspect I wonโ€™t need a facial moisturizer or eye cream till 2021 at this rate

I did that last year @cianni   It's nice to use stuff up and feel like you're more in control of your collection.  Thanks for the reminder... I need to buy eye cream lol! 

testing