cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - 2019

Ouhhh!  Good month!!!  It looks like you cleared out a decent number of deluxe samples! 🙌🏻 @MoniDJ 

@MoniDJGreat empties!  You've gotten through so many!  What do you use the witch hazel for?  I've seen them sold, but never knew what people used it as?  Toner? Same question with the Dr. Bronners soap... I've just purchased a pack to try out but have no idea where to start!

RE: Re: Empties - 2019

I use the witch hazel as a toner. I like it because it’s gentle and doesn’t dry my skin out. The Dr. Bronner’s soap is my makeup brush cleaner (I alternate between it and Beauty Blender solid cleanser). It gives my brushes a very good deep cleanse, especially those that tend to get stained from foundation and concealer.

Re: RE: Re: Empties - 2019

Thanks so much for the reply @MoniDJ !  I'm overstocked on toner at the moment but I'll have to give that a try sometime!

@missjeanie Your're very welcome!

awesome empties!! @MoniDJ

awesome empties!! @MoniDJ

RE: awesome empties!! @MoniDJ

I was surprised I finished so many full sized products this month.

@MoniDJ, there are so many fabulous February empties here! 😍💗 Love DE Lala and NARS eye primer. 💕 I’ve wondered about that line of Papa Recipe masks and the Mustus ones as well; 🤔 I have seen the latter at TJ Maxx and I have the hardest time  deciding whether to pull the trigger - now I know they’re worth a try! 😃👍🏼 That Acwell mugwort mask looks so interesting; definitely on my list! 😊

The Nars eye primer has been my favorite for years. I plan on trying the new tinted version soon. Lucky you for finding Mustus sheet masks at TJ Maxx. I’ve never seen them at any of the locations I frequent, but I’ll be looking out for them now.

@MoniDJ, of course I didn’t find the Mustus masks at the stores closest to me! 😂 I’ve seen them at a couple of TJ Maxx stores that are about 45 minutes from my house, but I have friends who live near those cities so I do sometimes go the scenic route on my way home! 😉😆

Look at all those masks! @MoniDJ I find using the Masking Challenge is a great way to keep track of my thoughts on mask so I know whether to retry or not. That way you have an archive of your experience in case you forget.

I have been intending to post in the mask challenge thread since it was started because I mask (almost) daily. I just never remember to do it. Thanks for the reminder.

Please join us @MoniDJ! We’d love to see what masks you’re using and your thoughts on them! 😊

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

Loves:

The Erno Laszlo sooth & calm mask was a great hydrogel mask, helped my windburn winter skin so much one night when my skin was hurting from being out in the -20 cold all weekend.

The Erno Laszlo rubber mask was a lot of fun.  Crazy cooling, like my skin was actually cold to touch!  I'd buy both of these masks if I saw them on clearance again without thinking twice.

The Cream Shop Hyaluronic mask is one of the best of theirs I've tried yet, very moisturizing. 

The Papaya body scrub was so nice, smelled amazing, was just the right amount of scrub to oil.

Tony Moly Avocado mask - my face felt so smooth and looked brighter after this.

L'Occitan Almond Shower Gel - Love the scent, love how soothing this is and how soft it makes my skin.

Bite Lip Mask in Candy Cane Sample - love, already purchased

Farmacy Honey Potion - I really liked this.  Will purchase at next sale.  Should have read the instructions though... its meant to be massaged in to warm up.  I just painted it on.

Dr. Jart BB Cream - I love this stuff.  Need to buy another tube. I'm lucky theres a colour that matches me.

Clairins UV sunscreen - I prefer the tinted version that I can use as a foundation substitute, but the translucent is nice as well, this is my go to facial sunscreen.

Feria Conditioner - This stuff makes my hair feel so nice after a dye job.

Cream Shop Peaches & Cream - this scent was lovely and lightly peachy, felt great on my skin that was drinking up moisture.

Caolin Hot and Cool Mask- this was actually a nice two step mask that I put off using for way too long.  I wouldn't mind giving this another shot to decide if I wanted the full size. 

The bumble and bumble hair mask was something that when I first tried, I didn't enjoy.  It made my hair too oily.  Well I'd been siting on a few more of these not using them.  When I tried again... hey I actually like this.  The key this time was to use it as a pre shampoo, only a few hours before showering, last time I'd used it overnight and then shampoo'd out.

Fragrance was a LaVanille that was nice, but I have other I prefer now.

Nopes:

Dr. Wellness sheet mask, barely stuck to my skin, didn't have any real benefits.  Will use up the other three over the summer when I just need to cool off.

Elizabeth Mott eye serum, this didn't really moisturize anything or have any benefits other than the gold paint flaking off on my hands whenever I used it.

Kat Von D powder, this did nothing for my skin.  I have other powders that actually make my skin look blurred and set my make up better.  This just looked meh and could easily be too cakey.

Hotel Samples -- just using them up.

This makes for 36 empties for January - I'm hoping to use up at least 400 this year!

Loves!Loves!LikesLikesMehMehNopeNope

Love love love the cut open tubes @missjeanie - get every bit out of your products! Thanks for all of your thoughts on these empties.

@ShortErica Heck Yes!  Gotta get all that goodness!

So many good empties @missjeanie !!! I have that Tony Moly Avocado sheet mask in my stash right now, and I'm really looking forward to using it.

I just used The Creme Shop Hyaluronic mask last night, and I LOVE how my skin felt afterward! It was my first one from them, so now I know that's a definite go-to!

@sephoraaddict918 I really liked the Hyaluronic one.  I'll pick up more if I see them on sale again!I'm so glad you loved it as well!

@missjeanie did you see L'Occtaine is coming out with a f...

@missjeanie did you see L'Occtaine is coming out with a few new lip products? super excited!!

Re: @missjeanie did you see L'Occtaine is coming out with a f...

@lmaster ohhhhh... I did not!  I'd love to see more higher end tinted balms, mostly because that's what I'm into using lately! They have such lovely products, I don't think I've tried any lip products though.

Re: @missjeanie did you see L'Occtaine is coming out with a f...

@missjeanie  I've been on the tinted lip balm train lately too (and I'm even more excited when they're lightly scented/flavored!)

2 Replies
testing