cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying ๐Ÿ™‚

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - 2019

Thanks for keeping track of your empties while traveling - that's some dedication @scott1201! I need to try the DE Jelly Cleanser but will keep your comments in mind. I'm hoping its not too squeaky clean for me but in case it is, you will have warned me.

I hope it works for you, @ShortErica ! I feel like DE is one of those brands that I always want to love (and so many others do!) so who knows - skin is weird ๐Ÿ™ƒ it could definitely turn out to be your favorite!

Welcome back, @scott1201! So glad to hear you had a great trip- it sounds like it was amazing!

Thank you so much, @quspork ! It was amazing but Iโ€™m happy to be home! โค๏ธ

@scott1201 Welcome back! I hope you had a blast!

Best,
Rebecca

Thank you, @RebeccaBT ! 

Iโ€™m so glad you had a great time @scott1201! Welcome backโค๏ธ

Awww thank you, @faeriegirl ! I had a wonderful trip and Iโ€™m happy to be back with you guys! 

January empties : total of 32!

LovesLoves

Spoiler

Loves :

Crรจme Shop Deer Diary Peppermint Sheet Mask Acne & Oil Control : The peppermint oil really helps calm down my acne, for now itโ€™s my favorite Creme Shop mask!

Crรจme Shop Charcoal Sheet Mask Detox & Renew : My face felt clean and quite matte, the sheet fitted nicely on my face too.

Dr. Jart Water Replenishment Cotton Sheet Mask : Love this, the weather has been so harsh in Canada lately I'm struggling with my dry skin. This was just what I needed, my skin looked plump and firm.

Verso Reviving Eye Mask : Super brightening, gives a energy boost and plumps the undereye area.

Sol De Janeiro Brazilian 4 Play Moisturizing Shower Cream-Gel : Amazing, lathers nicely and smells divine of course.

Sol De Janeiro Bath Bomba : Hydrating, relaxing, leaves my skin feeling soft. The smell isnโ€™t as strong as the cream it's just enough for a bath.

Sol De Janeiro Bum Bum Cream Mini : For some reason the texture was different than the big jar and I liked it better, it wasnโ€™t as thick. I did notice some firming.

LaNeige Water Sleeping Mask : Lightweight, absorbs right away and doesnโ€™t feel heavy and uncomfortable during sleep.

Fresh Umbrian Clay Purifying Mask : Favorite clay mask, makes a great 5 minutes quick detox and also extremely drying for zits as a spot treatment.

Tarte Amazonian 12-hour Clay Highlighter in Exposed : Only highlighter Iโ€™ve ever panned in my life (even tho itโ€™s a deluxe sample). It can be the most subtle, natural and luminous highlighter or you can build it up and it won't look patchy. I donโ€™t know if it really lasts 12 hours because I never wear makeup for so long, but it last at least for 8-10 hours.

Olaplex Hair Perfector Nยฐ3 : I need a jumbo size of this stuff. Makes my hair stronger and healthier and helps them grow. Iโ€™ve used it once a week for about 2 months (my hair are about 2-3 inches below my shoulders). It truly helped me restore my damaged hair after years of bleaching and not really taking care of them. Worth every penny.

LikesLikes

Spoiler

Sephora Collection Almond Foot Masks : Fun to use, you wear it like slippers and can walk in your home and go on with your day. A lot of serum and takes a few minutes to absorb, but left my feet moisturized.

Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Bod Buff : Leaves my skin feeling hydrated and soft. Delicious smell like all SDJ products. Can leave a yellow residue on my fair skin, so I need to wash afterwards with my shower gel and even with a washcloths

OleHenriksen Pore-Balance Facial Sauna Scrub : Gets quite warm, opens up your pores and isnโ€™t drying. Itโ€™s like rubbing sand on your face, I thought it would be too harsh for my sensitive skin but I didn't react to it. It does have a strong eucalyptus and peppermint smell which Iโ€™m not the biggest fan of, but it does feel like your at the spa.

Boscia Exfoliating Peel Gel : Hate that it gets stuck in my peach fuzz and it does takes a long time to rince offโ€ฆ But it truly makes my skin feel baby soft. I like it and itโ€™s effective, but you have to be patient with it.

Youth to the People Superfood Moisture Cream : Lightweight, didnโ€™t make me feel greasy. I would need to try a bigger sample.

Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber Gel Mask : So cooling, it soothes my skin and calms my redness. Not the most moisturizing Iโ€™ve tried, but great.

Glamglow Dreamduo (Step 1 & 2) : I love the ยซ creamsicle ยป scent. My skin was so glowy and smooth after using this.

Caviar Anti-Aging Omega+ Anti-Frizz Dry Oil Mist : I was impressed with this, it made my hair so shiny and frizz-less. I preferred to use it on wet hair after washing, in small quantities and spray not too close to my hair otherwise it made them look greasy.

OkayOkay

Spoiler

Okay :

Josie Maran Whipped Argan Oil : This smells delicious, more like apricot than vanilla to me. Formula is like a butter and takes more time to absorb than a lotion. It was great, but I donโ€™t think I would purchase the full size.

Josie Maran Pure Argan Milk : Lightweight yet extremely moisturizing, but makes you look really dewy almost oily. I have combo skin so I think I would like it for the winter when Iโ€™m dry, but not for summer when my skin is oilier.

REN Evercalm Global Protection Day Cream : Nice, but it clogged my pores around my nose a little bit.

Living Proof Restore Shampoo & Conditioner : Love the ingredients, helps damaged/dry hair, can leave buildup if you apply to much. I think the price point is quite high tho.

Tatcha The Deep Cleanse : Doesnโ€™t dry the skin, great ingredient list, but Iโ€™m not into using an exfoliating cleanser 2x a day, even if itโ€™s not that exfoliating, my skin is too sensitive for this so wouldnโ€™t purchase full size for this reason.

St Ives Glowing Sheet Mask Apricot : Itโ€™s okay. Left my skin a little bit more dewy and hydrated, but not so much. Serum took a long time to absorb. Loved the 100% cotton sheet mask for the price, itโ€™s great quality for drugstore. Would repurchase if I see it on sale, but not a favorite.

Meh...Meh...

Spoiler

Meh.. :

Holika Holika Baby Pet Mask Sheet - Soothing Cat : The thing I liked the most was the design of the cat on the sheet lol. It fitted okay, but the results didn't wowed me. It reduced my redness a tad.

Kevyn Auction The Expert Mascara : The brush reminded me a little bit of the Lancรดme Hypnose Drama. It would be as good as the Hypnose if the formula wasnโ€™t so dry. It doesnโ€™t lengthen and lift that much and it clumped a lot.

Milk Makeup Kush Mascara : Love the brush the fibers are amazing, gives me gorgeous voluminous lashesโ€ฆ But it smudges like crazy and the effects wear off quickly. Wish they'll improve their formula, because this could've been my new holy grail.

Too Faced Hangover Replenishing Face Primer : This is okay and hydrating, but to me nothing compares to the spray version of this, I think it performs better and can be used in multiple ways.

Kerastase Aura Botanica Bi-Phase Oil Mist : Couldnโ€™t get a clear opinion on this because itโ€™s meant to be a mist and the samples were liquid so I felt like it didn't do much.  

@ellem24 Thanks for sharing your reviews! I was looking at the verso eye masks the other day and wishing I would have grabbed them now after your lovely review. 

Thank you @CC3616 ! They are pricey, but they're a real skin treat.

@ellem24 Love all these empties.  I just love the SDJ scent on their products.  I'm trying to use up other things, but they'll be repurchases for me too.  

How much of the Olaplex do you use when you use it?  I have longer hair (mid-lower back) and am not sure if I should just use it on my ends/ponytail or if it should be on my entire head.

Thank you @missjeanie ! I use about 1/6 of the bottle and I apply it all over my damp hair, from roots to ends. Since I want to regrow and strengthen my hair I think it works better if I apply it this way. Depending on your concerns, I guess you could use it only on your ends/ponytail and it'll still work. 

@ellem24 Thanks so much for the info!

Nice empties for the month @ellem24 !!! I especially loved seeing all your Sol de Janeiro goodies!!!

I think there are 2 different formulas for the Bum Bum Cream floating around. I have used both mini and full sizes that have the lighter texture, but the current full size Bum Bum Cream that I'm using is the thicker texture. It seems that they are changing the formula, but some older versions are still floating around.

Thank you @sephoraaddict918 !! I love SDJ products so much. I would be happy if the formula was a little bit lighter, but I'll still buy it anyways!

@ellem24  I really enjoyed the OH Sauna scrub too. I didnt realize it would get warm until I tried it the first time. Pleasant.  Also looks like you tired a lot of goodies. I always forget to take pics of my "trash" to share.. lol

@GalPalVal17 Yes, it took me awhile to remind myself not to trow out my items, it's such a reflex. It's a bit weird, but I find it even more satisfying to throw it all out at the end of the month lol. Keeps me motivated to use my stash ๐Ÿ™‚

really nice trash @ellem24

really nice trash @ellem24

Re: really nice trash @ellem24

Only here would someone be saying that, @lmaster @ellem24 ๐Ÿ˜‚ Itโ€™s like the beauty equivalent of watching the person in front of you paying for their groceries and inspecting everything they are buying!

Re: really nice trash @ellem24

@eshoe @lmaster So true!! This is the only place I'm amazed and interested to look at other people's trash ๐Ÿ˜‚

2 Replies
testing