cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - 2019

@lmaster Thumbs down for sure.  Lol I'm looking for some real peeling here!

Oh me too @missjeanie  @sonnydee had some great results

@lmaster Loving all of your empties. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on them!

Best,
Rebecca

@RebeccaBT thank you! Absolutely 😉

My empties for January 2019 ! I finished 32 products, including some things that had been lingering around for quite some times. In the next month I will try to use more samples, I have way too many ! Sorry for the novel/reviews haha

IMG_9718.jpg

Loves

Spoiler

The Face Shop Real Nature Aloe Face Mask : This is such a versatile mask. I like to use it either after a day in the sun, during cold weather, when my skin is very dry or tired, etc. It feels wonderful on the skin and it helps calm it. Also helps with moisture. * Will keep repurchasing in the future.

Esfolio Rose Essence Mask Sheet : This was a very lovely sheet mask that was also very moisturizing. The rose smell was faint and not too overpowering and chemical. My skin looked radiant after using it and although it was very moisturizing, it didn’t leave my combo skin oily after using it. * I would definitely repurchase it and I hope to find this mask again at Marshall’s in the future !

Laneige Water Sleeping Mask (Travel Size – 15ml/0,5oz) : Love this ! This mask is very hydrating & I can use it all year round. The consistency is perfect for my combo skin. I wake up with glowy and soft skin whenever I use it. * I would repurchase. I am currently using a full size of it and have other samples to use up too.

MAC Cosmetics Prep+Prime Lavender Fix+ (Travel Size – 30ml/1oz) : I am a big fan of the Fix+ line. I like the nozzle of the bottle, it’s great to travel with and the various scents are fun. This makes the « powdery » look of makeup disappear, it’s great to use with glittery eyeshadows and it’s also a nice refreshing product during the day. Very versatile ! One of my holy grail products. * I always have this product in my stash. Will absolutely keep on repurchasing !

Shiseido Pureness Balancing Softener Alcohol-Free : For the longest time, this was my holy grail toner. It left my skin soft and clean at the same time. It did help a lot in terms of oil control, without ever being harsh on my skin. It was also very refreshing. * Can’t repurchase because it’s discontinued. I wish I could ! This was my last bottle of it.

The Face Shop The Solution Pore Care Face Mask : This is one of my favorite mask to use when my skin feels oilier. It definitely made my pores look tighter the day after I used it. It also helped with oil control. My skin looked radiant after using it. * I will repurchase this mask in the future.

L’Occitane en Provence 20% Shea Dry Skin Hand Cream (Sample – 10ml/0.3oz) : I enjoy this hand cream because it isn’t greasy, while being very hydrating at the same time. The shea scent is very light, so it doesn’t interfere with other fragrances. It kept my skin very smooth. Ideal for winter ! * I have other tubes in my stash. I will definitely keep repurchasing !

Charlotte Tilbury Hot Lips Lipstick in Miranda May (Sample) : This was a very lovely color. It looked more subtle than what I imagined from seeing pictures online. Very comfortable on the lips. I like Charlotte Tilbury lipsticks a lot ! * I would like to buy a full size in the future.

IMG_9720.jpgIMG_9721.jpg

Spoiler

The Face Shop Real Nature Red Ginseng Face Mask : This is a nice hydrating mask, but I feel like it might be better for mature skin. I only use it in winter usually. I’m not a fan of the smell, but it’s bearable. * I would use it again. It’s not my favorite from the line, but when I purchase sheet mask sets it’s often in there, so I don’t mind using it.

Bath & Body Works Winter Candy Apple Super Soft Body Butter (56g/2oz) : I enjoyed this body butter as it wasn’t too greasy. It wasn’t the most hydrating product out there, but I don’t have super dry skin to begin so that was fine for me. I got it at a semi-annual sale and the price was wonderful. I love this christmas smell ! It’s light and fruity. * I would repurchase if it’s available again in future sales.

Nexxus Therappe Replenishing System Shampoo : This was a nice shampoo, it left my hair soft and moisturized, without it getting very oily in the next days. Reminded me a bit of Alterna shampoo. Not the biggest fan of the scent though. * I would repurchase if I can get it on sale again.

The Face Shop Real Nature Pomegranate Face Mask : A great mask that leaves skin plump and glowy after using it. Hydrating, just like any mask from this line. It’s great for everyday use, when skin isn’t too dry. * I always get this mask when I buy a set of The Face Shop sheet masks, so I will keep using it in the future.

Bath & Body Works Winter Candy Apple Body Lotion (Travel Size – 88ml/3oz) : I am not the biggest fan of the body lotions from Bath & Body Works because I feel like they are a bit sticky and take a while to absorb into my skin. However, I must say I really love this smell and once the lotion absorbed, it’s moisturizing enough for my skin and it leaves it soft. * I would prefer to repurchase the body cream or body butter, but I would use this again.

Dr.Jart+ Ceramidin Facial Mask : I enjoyed this mask as it was very moisturizing and helped soothing my skin. I think it would be better to use when my skin is drier to see its full benefits however. * It’s a bit expensive to use regularly, but it seems to be cheaper on korean websites. I would probably repurchase from there later.

Too Cool For School Hydration Egg Cream Mask : I like these masks and how they fit on my skin. It is a nice hydrating mask, but a bit messy to apply. I feel like I can use it year round. It’s quite expensive in Sephora though, and I feel like cheaper masks can give similar results. * I would repurchase when it comes in a gift set or directly from Korea, as it is significantly cheaper.

Tonymoly I’m Real Skin Purifying Makgeolli Mask Sheet : I absolutely enjoy the Tonymoly I’m Real sheet masks ! It’s a bit big on my face, but I like the results they provide. This one is no different, it does help with oil control and it soothes my skin. * I will repurchase when I can find it for a good price. I used to buy it on Amazon Canada, but they haven't stock up a set in a long time.

Freeman Beauty Infusion Sea Kelp + Probiotics Purifying Sheet Mask : I enjoyed the fit of this mask. The essence was both great for moisturizing and purifying, I actually loved it ! It lefts my skin smooth and radiant. * This is almost 4$ here in Canada and I don’t know if it’s still available locally at my Walmart, so I won’t go out of my way to seek and repurchase. Wouldn’t mind using it again though.

Marc Anthony Clear Dry Shampoo (Travel Size – 44ml/0.9oz) : I liked that it was clear since I have dark brown hair. It wasn’t messy and it worked for me ! It’s not as absorbing as other dry shampoos on the market, but I just used more when needed. * I would repurchase in the future. I have other bottles of this & other brands to use first though !

The Body Shop Blueberry Body Butter : This was nice and very moisturizing. I really enjoyed this smell because it was light and not too sweet. It was ideal for winter, as it is a bit thicker than some of the other body butters. In summer, I found it took a while to absorb into my skin, so it’s not something I can use all year long. * I would repurchase this scent as well as other ones in the future, although for now I have plenty of products to use in my stash.

Bath & Body Works Winter Candy Apple Shower Gel : I like this scent because it is light, fresh and fruity. It’s not too sweet and it’s not only great for Holidays, but all year long. The gel lathered well and left my skin clean and fresh. However, the scent does not linger very long on the skin. * I would repurchase this product in the future when there’s a sale.

Ole Henriksen African Red Tea Foaming Cleanser (Travel Size – 45ml/1.5oz) : I was worried that this would be drying, but it didn’t strip my face. It lefts my combo skin clean and refreshed. No breakouts on my skin while I used this product ! * I don’t need to buy a new cleanser before a while, but I wouldn’t mind using it again the future.

Lancôme Bienfait Multi-Vital FPS 30 High Potency Daily Moisturizing Lotion : This was ideal for days where I was barely outside, especially in the winter time, or as extra sun protection. This was quite hydrating, but took a while to absorb into my skin. * Seems like this product was discontinued, so I won’t repurchase. I will seek another option with a higher protection level and at a better price point.

Tatcha The Deep Cleanse Exfoliating Cleanser (Sample) : This was a nice cleanser, it wasn’t harsh at all and the exfoliating was mild. My skin seemed brighter after using this product, but it’s hard to tell from a single sample. * I would like to use other samples in the future. I don’t need to buy a new cleanser anytime soon though !

Boscia Green Tea Mattifying Hydrogel Mask : This has to be one of the most mattifying sheet mask I’ve ever used. It was very good for oil control. However, the upper part was a bit big for my face and the bottom part kept sliding down, so it was a bit unconvenient. * It was a bit expensive and it seems to have been discontinued, so I won’t repurchase it.

The Face Shop Bio-Cell Moisturizing Face Mask : I enjoyed that mask as it was comfortable on the skin and didn’t move around. It has a gel consistency. However, it’s a bit pricier than their regular sheet masks and it feels about the same in terms of moisture. * I would repurchase only if it’s on sale. A cheaper hyaluronic acid sheet mask does the same for me.

Yves St-Laurent Mon Paris Eau de Parfum (Sample) : This was a very lovely scent. I don’t like overly sweet scents, but this one felt more like a « mature » one. However, it didn’t seem to last very long on my skin. * I don’t think I would purchase a full size myself, but I would be happy to use samples again and/or a rollerball. I actually received the Couture version for Christmas, so I will use this one.

The Face Shop Real Nature Mung Bean Face Mask : This mask is great when my skin feels oilier, although it’s not the best one I used for oil control. It does its job, especially for the price. Great fit. * I would repurchase when there’s a promo or in a set.

Tarte Maracuja C-Brighter Eye Treatment : This eye cream left my skin hydrated and smooth. It sinked well into the skin and was slightly brightening. * It was nice, but it’s a bit pricey. I want to try cheaper options.

IMG_9722.jpg

Meh

Spoiler

Laneige Essential Power Skin Toner (Travel Size – 50ml/1.69oz) : It wasn’t that bad at first and it did leave my skin clean. However, if I used it multiple days in a row, it did dry out my skin quite a bit. I try to avoid toner with alcohol in it for that reason. Some slight texture even appeared over time. It’s okay if used sparingly. * I would not repurchase.

Papa Recipe Honey Butter Cream Mask : I saw many people raving about the Papa Recipe masks, but I think it was a different one than this. I liked the concept of a cream mask, but this one didn’t have a lot of product in the foil, and it wasn’t very hydrating. Also, it had a strong chemical smell, almost like hairspray. * I won’t repurchase. Anyway, it seems that it was maybe discontinued ? I bought it at Sephora in France last summer, their packaging seemed different than online. 

The Face Shop Real Nature Raspberry Face Mask : I am a big fan of The Face Shop sheet masks, but this one is an older one and it didn’t fit quite as well. The essence was alright, not the most moisturizing one though. I’m glad they changed the fit of the masks over time. * I will keep on using the new sheet masks from The Face Shop.

IMG_9723.jpg

Nope

Spoiler

Soft&Dri Classic Signature Soft Scent Antiperspirant Deodorant : This did nothing for me and it was just horrible. It left a weird film on my skin, no matter how little I applied. I don’t sweat a lot, but this product made me feel stinky even in the cold winter... Never again ! * Maybe I got a dud, but I won’t ever repurchase !

@emiie I love honey butter on my toast but in a sheet mask?! Too bad it wasn't as good as the food version.

@emiie, your reviews are very helpful! Sorry to hear the Shiseido toner has been discontinued. ☹️ Have you found a suitable replacement for it?

@itsfi happily I was able to find new toners that I really enjoy since last year (I think the Shiseido one disappeared from the shelves in Canada around february 2018, or even before that), including Algenist Hydrating Essence Toner & Clarins Iris Toner 🙂

A LOT of products I used have been discontinued recently, I must be cursed lol !

@emiie I love the novel reviews!!

@missjeanie aww thanks ! 🙂 I feel like writing reviews really helps me remember what to buy or what to avoid in the future 🙂

good to see you have more loves and likes @emiie or maybe...

good to see you have more loves and likes @emiie or maybe that's not a good thing lol 😉

Re: good to see you have more loves and likes @emiie or maybe...

@lmaster  Yes, not sure whether it's a good thing or a curse haha ! At least I'm glad when most stuff is great, I feel like my money was better spent 😛

Re: good to see you have more loves and likes @emiie or maybe...

Hehe @emiie agree, love finding great holy Grail products!

Re: Empties - V2

March empties= 49 YTD=115

IMG_20210405_120544313.jpg

 Loves⬆️

IMG_20210405_120755902.jpg

 these are more loves, the slip I had been using the same one for over a year 😆 it was time to replace, the elf gel moisturizer was excellent, just a bit too strong on the scent when applying it

IMG_20210401_132033353.jpg

⬆️ this has to be one of my top favorite candle scents

IMG_20210401_132026921.jpg

 black phantom I liked, just not enough to purchase a FS, the straight to heaven was not a scent I prefer at all

IMG_20210401_132144409.jpg

⬆️ these are all great except the lash freak mascara, I love the results,,, the wand is just too gimicky for my liking

IMG_20210405_120923876.jpg

⬆️ these were the main meh products, mainly for scent. I love a good rose scent, however the mamonde cleanser was too fragrant for me,, the SR ice moisturizer, I think I received an expired or bad sample and the sheet masks were not impressive

So many empties, nicely done, @lmaster!! Love the Blue Tansey and is that the Virtue hair mask?

It is!! I love the scent on the virtue! Thank you @haleyvvvv 

Same, it is SO good, @lmaster!!

Ummmm.... a cherry mocha candle @lmaster?!!! That sounds amazing!! 

@itsfi this candle is worth getting your hands on in the fall/winter season

@lmaster  Great job getting through empties!!! 

Thank you so so much!! @ather 

testing