Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - 2019

Seeing product empties is so satisfying Smiley Happy

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - 2019

@itsfi happily I was able to find new toners that I really enjoy since last year (I think the Shiseido one disappeared from the shelves in Canada around february 2018, or even before that), including Algenist Hydrating Essence Toner & Clarins Iris Toner Smiley Happy

A LOT of products I used have been discontinued recently, I must be cursed lol !

@emiie I love the novel reviews!!

@missjeanie aww thanks ! Smiley Happy I feel like writing reviews really helps me remember what to buy or what to avoid in the future Smiley Happy

good to see you have more loves and likes @emiie or maybe...

good to see you have more loves and likes @emiie or maybe that's not a good thing lol 😉

Re: good to see you have more loves and likes @emiie or maybe...

@lmaster  Yes, not sure whether it's a good thing or a curse haha ! At least I'm glad when most stuff is great, I feel like my money was better spent Smiley Tongue

Re: good to see you have more loves and likes @emiie or maybe...

Hehe @emiie agree, love finding great holy Grail products!

My empties for January! IMG_0355.JPGDislikes

Spoiler
Narciso Rodriguez For Her Eau de Toilette - Scent didn't work for me
Tarte Maracujá Lip Exfoliant - Turned into glue, so I used it as a hand scrub
Fresh Sugar Lip Polish - Got crumbly , so I used it as a hand scrub
SheaMoisture Cleansing Balm - WAAAAAAAY too greasy
Makeup Revolution Hyaluronic Makeup Fixing Spray - The sprayer was not good 
Kiel's Hydrating Spray - Second Ingredient is Denatured Alcohol! 
NYX Lip Primer - Was hit or miss with my lipsticks

IMG_0360.JPGLikes

Spoiler
E.L.F. Cleansing Wipes - Decent with an enjoyable scent. I use them for wiping makeup off my hands.
Carol's Daughter Hair Milk - Not the best. Not the worst.
C. Booth Vanilla Butter Body Lotion - Good moisturizer with a nice light scent
Tree Hut Shea Sugar Scrub in Brazilian Nut- Good scrub
SheaMoisture Manuka Honey and Yogurt Conditioner - I like the scent, but it is too heavy as a pre-poo treatment for my low porosity hair.
Up and Up Baby Hair and Body Wash - I use this to keep my Clarisonic brush head clean
Clinique Mild Liquid Facial Soap - Decent face wash that doesn't dry out my skin
Kiehl's Calendula and Aloe Hydration Masque - Works well to bring back moisture after exfoliating. I will definitely try the full size.
Ulta Beauty Automatic Lip Liner in Spice - Great nude lip liner color!
Acqua di Gioia Eau de Parfum - Nice light fragrance. I might try it in a bigger size

IMG_0362.JPGLoves

Spoiler
Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Bum Bum Cream (Mini Size) - The scent alone will keep me buying this!
Clinique All About Eyes De-Puffing Serum - I love rolling this around my eyes every morning.
Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Bum Bum Cream - This one has the cream texture, which feels like I go through the jar faster. 
Burberry Eau de Parfum - Love the warm and spicy scent, but this bottle didn't have lasting power throughout the day.
NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Amande - My favorite under eye concealer!
Ulta Beauty Automatic Lip Liner in Clear - Works great to keep my lipstick from feathering.
Sephora Aloe Vera Hand Mask - Love the scent and makes my hands feel super soft after scrubbing.
Sephora Almond Foot Mask - These are a little too small for my feet, so I have to be careful when putting them on, but I love the scent and how soft my feet feel afterwards.
Sephora Avocado Hand Mask - Same as the Aloe Vera one!

well, you knocked though some products @sephoraaddict918...

well, you knocked though some products @sephoraaddict918 impressive

@sephoraaddict918, LOVE the Sephora hand and foot masks!! ♥️♥️ The Sol de Janeiro smells amazing! Great way to repurpose that Fresh lip scrub; I’m currently repurposing a “meh” lip scrub as a foot scrub! 😉

This month I’ve been able to finish 11 items! I don’t count sheet masks or foils because I would never be able to keep them for a month and remember what I used 🤷🏽‍♀️

Spoiler

Loves:

Neutrogena T-Gel. This is a no-fuss clarifying shampoo. I’ve been using it once a week forever to help with product and dry shampoo buildup and prevent dandruff. It’s not fancy but I swear by it!

FAB ultra repair. Swear by it, works on my dry sensitive skin without issues. Can’t say enough good things about this and will buy it forever 😂 I only wish that it came in a bigger tube size. I won’t buy the tub even though I’d use that much just because I much prefer a tube.

John frieda in shower lightening treatments. This definitely did the job of lightening my bleached hair in one use. I combined it with a purple toned conditioner. I didn’t find that it dried my hair out at all. The smell was exactly the same as the bleach smell at a hair salon, which was a little overpowering in a hot shower. Probably wouldn’t rebuy it just because I was trying to refresh my hair in between salon visits, but I think I’ll leave it up to the professionals for now 😂

FAB ultra repair lip therapy. I liked this a lot. It kept my lips moisturized and was a nice barrier against the cold. I like using the Rosebud lip salve normally, but I only like the tin version for some reason. This was good because it was the same consistency. I have another one because I purchased the Hydration Harbour set around the holidays and will use it, but not sure I would repurchase it on its own. Towards the end, it started separating which was a little gross (an oily liquid would come out before the salve/gel).

Thank U, Next: 

Urban decay - hi fi shine cushion lipgloss in naked. The color payoff was low, and the staying power was non existent. It had a minty feeling, and I think if I wanted that I would prefer a Buxom gloss.

L’occitane verveine cooling hand creme gel. It didn’t go a great job of hydrating my hands and left them greasy because of the gel texture. The smell was good though! Didn’t notice too much of a cooling effect. 

Cake the do gooder dry shampoo. The smell was a bit overpowering for me, and I don’t think it did a fantastic job. I much prefer my Batiste dry shampoo, and I’ll stick with that! It was okay though, just not for me. I have dark, fine hair. It may work better for someone with a different hair texture. 

Living proof neotensil wipes. These have been living in my gym bag forever as a “just in case I need” makeup remover wipe. I have no idea what the intended use is for these as I believe they were discontinued (I picked up a pack of 60 for 3.99 at winners). They did a decent job of removing any makeup I missed, or doing a quick removal if I didn’t have time to take my makeup off before working out. Mainly wouldn’t buy them again because I have SC wipes and Creme shop ones that do a better job (because they’re actually for removing makeup haha).

Ponds dry skin creme. This was a no from me because it was just way too thick for my face. I ended up using it as a body moisturizer, which it did a great job of. I wouldn’t repurchase this because I have tons of body lotion, and I really don’t like body lotion that comes in tubs. Towards the end I used a masking tool to get at the product.

pantene weekly rehab creme. I didn’t notice too much of a difference while using this. It did smell nice and fresh though. I’ve realized that in-shower hair masks just aren’t for me. 

St Ives fresh skin apricot scrub mini. I love the smell, and used this a long time ago. It’s just too abrasive now for my more sensitive skin, and I’ve been turning more to chemical exfoliators versus physical exfoliators. If I’m going to do a physical one, it’s with my Foreo Luna for sensitive skin on a low setting

44CE67B9-3078-419D-9926-7801707AF617.jpeg

Oh, that FAB lip therapy sounds nice @cianni! I think I may have this one; will have to look for it. I completely know what you mean about liking the Rosebud Salve in the tin more than the tube version! 

I really like the FAB Lip Therapy too! I have one in my makeup bag at work that I've been working to get through. That stuff lasts forever since a little goes a long way!!! That St. Ives is way too harsh for my sensitive skin too. 

6D6F337D-1316-40AA-86A1-2A4BBCF5B457.jpeg

AE9E9B00-86DB-4F80-B9FB-41547CD29267.jpegLikes- shower oil is very nice

CAF2B1FA-6F66-409C-83F3-06EDCCE29085.jpegMeh- Clinique is nice but breaks up around my nose, still looking for a base product that doesn’t do that!

2 weeks worth of empties!

I've heard a lot of great things about the shower oil, I must look into it! 

@jen81 the coconut milk body scrub sounds very appealing!

@jen81 the coconut milk body scrub sounds very appealing!

@jen81, nice empties! That L'Occitane shower oil is great; love that version of the Farmacy sheet mask! 

@jen81 Awesome empties! Loving so many of the products Smiley Happy

Best,

Rebecca

lovejan2019.jpgLOVES

New to me: When mask, whole foods mask, TCFS mask, and the amika soul food hair mask. PTR night cream and toner are both my HG but I'm trying to clean up my skincare and will be trying alternative products before repurchasing. 

okjan2019.jpg

Most of these are new for me. I dew care mask was fine, I just have other vitamin c masks that give better results. Sulwhasoo eye cream I really liked but wouldn't  purchase. Dr althea mask I liked but had a hard time getting it to stick after I moved it. Farmacy hydrating mask was not as good as the old one which was an HG for me, so I was exceptionally critical of the reformulation. I do like that they cleaned up the ingredients list but probably won't repurchase after using the ones I got. 

nojan2019.jpg

NO/DECLUTTER

Bite lip dried up. Naturally serious mask I had a redness reaction to. Egg cream mask was fine but the scent (chemically)was a no. Dr. jart didn't do anything. Blue tansy is too BHA heavy for my skin. Dior mascara clumpy. 

@CC3616 I need to get to a whole foods.. seems like a few people enjoy their masks!

@missjeanie They are nice and very affordable, the lower priced cotton ones are $3 each and the higher priced (I think biocell) are $5 or $6. I'd be in trouble if I lived closer. Now I just need to find a way to make a trip there without my fiancé so I can buy more than a few without getting "the look!"

Ha ha @CC3616  I've actually never been to a whole foods!  A friend of mine lives just outside of Detroit and I tell him that I want to do a grocery store tour to Whole Foods and Trader Joes.  He's killing himself laughing at me wanting to go to the grocery stores!  He'll be crying when he sees how long it's going to take me to get through there!

7 Replies