cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying ๐Ÿ™‚

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - 2019

@itsfi  I love the green tea Neogen cleanser, I started using it years ago and tried some of the other permutations (cranberry? cereal or something) but always always come back to the green tea. It's some sort of magic foam that just works perfectly with my skin.

I'm currently using the Blithe Gold Apricot Pressed Serum and I love it! I have yet to try the mushroom one yet, it's weird, chaga tundra is very big in chinese herbal medicine but for some reason, I just won't want to spread it on my face....

Re: Empties - 2019

You are so right @MissPuff - there is something magical about the Neogen cleanser. I had the hardest time finishing it because just when I thought I eeked out the last bit, Iโ€™d let it sit for a couple of days and then somehow Iโ€™d be able to pump out enough for just one more cleansing. LOL!๐Ÿ˜† Cereal! I was trying to figure out what it was - I thought grains? but that didnโ€™t sound quite right. I havenโ€™t tried the other ones but the green tea works like a charm. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Ohhh, I have that Gold Apricot pressed serum... Iโ€™ll reach for that one once Iโ€™ve used up one of the moisturizers Iโ€™m currently working through. Yay!! So excited!! ๐Ÿคฉ I was a little hesitant about the chaga tundra one too - it doesnโ€™t look pretty but itโ€™s so good for hydration and I donโ€™t recall any Chinese herbal medicine smell. โ˜บ๏ธ

Re: Empties - V2

April empties. So very, very sad the Herbivore is discontinued. 

APREmpties.jpgAPRMaskEmpties.jpg

Spoiler

Herbivore Bakuchiol - well, thank goodness I had purchased a backup. Itโ€™s been discontinued and I am heartbroken. This gives my skin such a smooth appearance that lasts. My skin does not respond favorably to retinol/-oids, so this was an absolute joy to discover. Wish I knew why, seems like this wasnโ€™t even in production long. 

The INKEY List Bakuchiol - I finished this on my neck/dรฉcolletรฉ and did not use it on my face once. Big mistake, as now it appears it might need to replace the Herbivore with it. Going to repurchase and see how it compares. 

Dear, Klairs Freshly Juiced Vitamin E Mask - great ingredients, good for adding some nutrition to my skin. Not a huge fan of the texture, itโ€™s gelatinous, which makes it a little challenging to smear across my skin. The scent reminds me of belif products.

SDJ Cheirosa โ€™62 candle - yum. SO scented, it goes from room to room. @faeriegirl sent this to me and it was even better than I had hoped. LOVE!!!

Tata Harper Regenerating Cleanser - Iโ€™ve gone through a couple FS, and was excited to see this in a Sephora Favorites to use again. Might repurchase, love the light citrusy scent and very, very gentle physical exfoliation (most are too harsh for my skin; this is just right).

Sephora Bouquet Surprise Melting Shower Jelly - I was not expecting a lovely light lilac scent. Bout a couple more already, it a little on the thicker side but I suppose thatโ€™s what makes it a jelly vs a gel.

Akar Skin Pure Lip Restoration - nice on the first try, but too much slip for my preferences. Similar in consistency to Vaseline, so I ended up using it for a nightly foot cream.

nรผgg Face Mask anti-aging single pack - this was a very pleasant creamy and moisturizing mask, a gift from @missjeanie. I like this brand, so far havenโ€™t had a miss from them yet.

OH Pore-Balance Facial Sauna Scrub - this was nice to use before slathering on the Pore Plunge when I first bought it. It had a warming sensation, which was pleasant. This might be close to a year old, and the warming has dissipated and the scent has intensified - like very strong tea tree, leaning toward turpentine. The exfoliating granules are too abrasive for regular use, but might be beneficial for someone with oily skin.

Winky Lux Skinny Dip - this lip gloss smells like cupcakes, love!

Trader Joeโ€™s Grapefruit Ginger Sugar Scrub - canโ€™t beat the price and scent. 

DE LaLa Retro - this is the old formula, I havenโ€™t tried the new formula yet. My favorite nighttime cream. Iโ€™m on moisturizer overload right now, and the summer season means my skin wonโ€™t need this again until winter.

Clarkโ€™s Botanicals Deep Moisture Mask - a very rich moisturizing mask that my skin just drinks up. The biggest downside to this is the noticeable floral scent, which given the list of ingredients which includes jasmine and green tea. It also has algae, which my skin typically reacts adversely to, but this didnโ€™t bother my skin at all. 

Jayjun Roselle Tea Eye Gel Patches - gorgeous translucent rose gold flecked eye gels. Absolutely love! Took me a full year to finish (thank you to my Galentine @MissPuff!) as they were such a treat and I wanted to extend their use.

LA Splash Art-ki-tekt Waterproof Slim Eyeliner - this is my fourth or fifth one - discovered in a beauty box and love how close I can hug my lash line with this pen. Makes winged liner a piece of cake.

Saint Jane 50CBD Luxury Beauty Serum - this was a very pleasant facial oil, just a slight scent that was enjoyable. My skin absorbed this fairly quickly, even though it felt like a medium-weight oil.

Virtue Recovery Shampoo/Conditioner - I wanted to love these, but my hair just didnโ€™t. Scented like Coppertone, reminds me of a beach day. Tried separately and together, but I couldnโ€™t come up with a combo that gave my hair noticeable softness/manageability/volume.

Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Pink Juice Moisturizer - the scent is unmatched. I opened my backup this week. Works great as a serum during the winter, and a moisturizer in the summer. 

Perricone MD Cocoa Moisture Mask - itโ€™s discontinued, which is an absolute shame for this deliciously hot cocoa-scented mask. 10/10 would repurchase.

Skin & Co Face Gommage - scent reminded me very much of the OH Walnut Scrub. Actually the mask did too, with much smaller granules. I used this for my elbows in the shower.

Glossier Priming Moisturizer - I like this, but it started to smell โ€˜off.โ€™ Iโ€™ve found that I like their Rich Priming Moisturizer MUCH better (many thanks, @SportyGirly125!) and will be purchasing that to replace this at some point.

Benton Snail Bee High Content Essence - everything Iโ€™ve tried so far from this brand has been absolutely lovely to my skin. This essence is thicker, like a serum, but not stringy at all like the CosRx. LOVE.

Dillydelight Whitening Egg Sleeping Pack - such a pleasant sleeping mask that doesnโ€™t leave my skin tacky, is portable, and comes in the cutest packaging. @PrettyPaint kindly stocked me up ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Morroconoil Treatment - I just need to buy the FS. Love this for post shampoo/no conditioner days, and the scent is so deep and rich.

Aveda Hand Relief - if I wasnโ€™t swimming in hand lotion, this moisturizing cream scented like their Shampure products would be a good candidate for repurchase. Absorbs quickly and leave no grease behind.

Bite Carmelized - love the formula but the color is a bit too brown on me. Like a lipstick but slight shine and stays on my lips longer. This is a declutter.

StackedSkincare HA Hydrating Serum - this is ok. The slight jasmine scent is pleasant. For the price though, I think there are so many other less $$$ options.  

Bite Agave Lip Mask Candy Cane - the old formula, I have so many of these floating around the house and this is only the second Iโ€™ve finished. Such a great lip mask. I am hydrating constantly, and this stays on no matter what. One of my top favorite lip masks!

FAB Ultra Repair Cream - kept this in my purse for my hands, itโ€™s moisturizing but leaves my hands feeling a little greasy.

SkinCeuticals C E Ferulic - this pained me to finish, as the scent was too much for me. Thankfully, I did not notice a difference in my skin. Happy to try it, even happier to have finished it.

Lather Sofia Lavender Whipped Body Crรจme - pleasant texture, noticeable lavender scent. This would be fantastic in an almond or creamsicle scent.

Aveda Thickening Tonic - noticed no difference in my hair after going through a number of these. I can stop trying ๐Ÿ™‚

Nars Satin Lip Pencil Rikugien - The perfect lip color for when I am feeling festive, just wish it lasted longer. Will continue to repurchase this.

Foils

Leonor Greyl Shampooing Au Miel - very soft, pretty honey scent. This softened my hair better than most shampoos, but not quite as much as the Philip Kingsley Weightless Shampoo. 

Philip Kingsley Flakey/Itchy Scalp - love the slight fruity scent, but the formula wasnโ€™t what my hair needed. Would definitely reconsider should that change.

Dr. Barbara Sturm Lifting Serum - wish my skin didnโ€™t love this so much. That price! A rich, gel serum that worked quite well for me, unfortunately. Fun to try, though.

Sulwhasoo Bloomstay Vitalizing Eyecream - I can thank @Shosh85 for sending this gem my way - what a beautiful product. Like a clear, matte BB cream for your undereye. Another one that breaks the bank ๐Ÿ˜„

Lancรดme Visionnaire Crescendo - skin was soft, but not enough to make me want to run out and purchase. 

Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Stick - have never had a foundation stick impress me, but this one - wow! I used the Sephora Pro Foundation Brush 70 with it, and it was love at first try. Blended and didnโ€™t look cakey - just covered up a few areas with more coverage than my Julep Cushion wand. I need a new foundation for the summer, this might be it. 

Aqua di Parma Blu Mediterranean - the description of โ€˜vibrant sparkling citrusโ€™ and fig nectar - right on target. this will be a purchase at some point. Would be perfect for summer. A very fresh and bright scent and bonus - no one in my house sneezed because of it.

Ellis Brooklyn Myth - a little too perfume-y for my taste.

Jo Malone Nectarine Blossom & Honey - I love this so much. It makes everyone in my house sneeze.

Kilian Rolling in Love - not for me.

Moschino Toy 2 - this is a fun perfume, one I might pick up for spring.

Sรฌ Firoi - for a floral scent, this is quite pleasant

YTD 
Sheet Masks (includes face, hand, eye & foot masks)132
FS47
DS60
Foils42
Total281

I love seeing all those empties @eshoe and especially all the lovely skincare!!! It really sucks that one of your faves has been discontinued. I'm in a beauty group on Facebook and someone posted about this. They read on Herbivore's Instagram that it's being discontinued because of "ingredient supply issues." Someone replied that the plant the bakuchiol is extracted from is an endangered species, and Herbivore may not be certified to use it. (???) 

I would love to try the SDJ candle, but I'm afraid I would burn through it too quickly. That candle costs too much money for me to finish it in a week. LOL

Oh that is very interesting about the Herbivore, @sephoraaddict918 - thank you for sharing! I am going to try some others, but this is kind of the benchmark for me. Hopefully I can find something that works just as well. 

That candle was lit infrequently and for short periods of time, I wanted to make it last as long as possible:)

So many empties! Great job @eshoe!

It always stinks when something you love gets discontinued! I'm happy you enjoyed the Sulwhasoo sample! I love all the Sulwhasoo products I've tried - I just wish they weren't all so expensive! 

The Sulawasoo is sooooo good, @Shosh85. I looked at it a couple of times, but just couldnโ€™t justify adding it to my cart. Amazing to try, though! ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ™

@eshoe What a great set of empties, you got a ton finished up last month!

Thank you @missjeanie, I was surprised too, to finish so many FS items! Now that summer has hit, itโ€™s time to work on finishing more!

Herbivore Bakuchiol is a favorite for me as well @eshoe. Good thing you have a backup.

I will go through it more sparingly now, @itsfi. Looking forward to trying out the Biossance, hope itโ€™s a good match!

Hope the Biossance works well for you @eshoe. ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿผ I have a promo sample of the OH version that will be coming. 

Yesss @itsfi I am tempted to buy the FS. Will hold out for now, curious about your thoughts.

Ooooh, so many empties, so many great products in there, @eshoe! I am so sorry about the Herbivore being discontinued (hopefully just for now and not forever), that's so disappointing! 

I hope not forever too, @haleyvvvv! If it ever does come back, I am buying more than one backup๐Ÿ˜‚

Wow! @eshoe maybe they are improving the serum?..๐Ÿคž half of me wishes rolling in love didn't work for me either (I'm calling it my quarantine gift๐Ÿ˜-whenever it ships.๐Ÿ˜ณ...)

Sourcing issues, @sonnydee ๐Ÿ˜ข I donโ€™t think Iโ€™ve been this disheartened from a beauty product being discontinued ever

oooh nice that you found a perfume you love! I know, one of my orders went OOS and Iโ€™m holding my breath. Itโ€™s been about a week, hoping it eventually ships. Donโ€™t care how long it takes, just hope it gets here๐Ÿคž๐Ÿผ

IMPRESSIVE!!!! I just can't wrap my head around why they would discontinue it!!! So many of us loved that serum,, and it's not even that old!!

I guess itโ€™s due to problems with sourcing, @lmaster. I am so, so disappointed. Easily my favorite skincare product results-wise. I would have bought more had I known ๐Ÿ˜ญ

That's a major bummer!!!! @eshoe never fails,,, I love love love a product,,, then..... discontinued ๐Ÿ˜ฃ๐Ÿ˜ญ

@lmaster I donโ€™t think Iโ€™ve ever been this heartbroken. I searched eBay and there were three listings of the minis for it. THREE! ๐Ÿ˜‚

testing