cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

is that circle they're the solid bb cleanser? I've never...

is that circle there the solid bb cleanser? I've never tried that before @christyrc

RE: is that circle they're the solid bb cleanser? I've never...

Yes, @lmaster that was the solid. Kind of cute, eh?

Re: RE: is that circle they're the solid bb cleanser? I've never...

Yep I bet it smells nice too @christyrc 

Re: RE: Empties - 2019

Where did you find a apple scented beauty blender cleanser?! @christyrc I didn't know they made different scents just colors.....

RE: Re: RE: Empties - 2019

Hi, @sonnydee it was a bundled value set around October. Two Beauty Blenders and two fruity scented solid cleansers.

@christyrc, TF Shadow Insurance is a great primer! Will be interested to hear how it compares to the Pretty Vulgar eye primer.

@christyrc laughed out loud at your "it's complicated" comment, we all have that one product!

Re: Empties - 2019

Mostly masksMostly masks

Spoiler

Jeju Natural Aloe Mask - these are great masks, lots of serum, nice smell, decent fit, hydrating and soothing; I buy these quite often.

Patchology mood mask the good fight - I was worried about this one when I noticed that it had peppermint in it but it thankfully didn't cause a reaction (although it did make my eyes sting a little), okay fit, lots of serum, okay smell... unlikely to repurchase just because I don't want to push my luck with the peppermint. 

TonyMoly Pureness 100 Red Ginseng Mask - lots of serum, okay fit, hydrating and soothing, not sure on the smell as it reminds me a little of seaweed.  
SNP Dragon Soothing Sheet Mask - this was fun, good fit, lots of serum, pleasant smell, felt cooling, soothing, and hydrating, this was also one of the few times when I have used a face mask that my husband has stopped to look at my face afterwards and ask if I'm wearing makeup or something because my skin was brighter! Plus, who doesn't want to be a dragon. Definitely going to repurchase this one!
Didn't really like either the Sephora mud mask or the Caudalie detox mask, neither was bad or caused a reaction... I just didn't care for the smell of either of them and didn't feel that they were particularly special compared to other wash off masks that I've used.
dp Hue scalp scrub - smelled like a packet of salt and vinegar crisps to me, or the inside of a chippy... didn't mind that too much, but it was awfully hard to work into my scalp (I have very thick hair) and, although it did make my scalp feel clean, I don't feel like it did a good enough job to be worth the effort of using it. 

@sockmagnet  Thanks for your review on the sheet masks. 

SNP makes some great masks @sockmagnet! That ACV was a strange product for me. My daughter loved the rinse, said it smells like plastic🤔

@sockmagnet Thank you! I was wondering about the dp hue scrub, I'll probably pass mine on as I have thick hair as well. 

@CC3616 I was so disappointed because I wanted to love it! That being said, I will definitely keep it in mind for my daughter (who has fine, silky hair) if she develops scalp issues as she gets older, as this is a much more natural option than Nizoral shampoo.

Look at all those sheet masks @sockmagnet; how fun!! I agree, that SNP Dragon sheet mask is a good one - it looks fun and it does a great job! Putting Jeju Natural on my list of sheet masks to try once I've made a dent in my current supply of sheet masks. 😉 

@itsfi the Jeju Natural masks are so nice! They just get edged out for me by the better fit from the My Beauty Diary ones. 

@sockmagnet Great job masking! Thanks for the reviews! I haven't tried the Dragon one yet, but have tried several masks from SNP and have loved them all! 👍😊

RE: Empties - 2019

Decided I’ll join the empties train! This is like the last few months of 2018 until now which I just finished the Tatcha Water Cream, which I LOVE! Lightweight, feels nice and refreshing, my skin drinks it up and feels so good! Already have a backup so no need to repurchase 🙂 This is my first moisturizer that I’ve finished on my own- my one before this, the Aqua Bomb, my sister saw it when she came down for a school break and used a good bit when I was getting low on it already but most of the use was me 😉 The Elizabeth and James Nirvana Rose dry shampoo was ok. The smell was a bit overpowering but it soaked in well and didn’t leave any white residue, but the lackluster part was that I saw it didn’t soak my oils up that well. Probably won’t repurchase. Amika Perk Up dry shampoo was a lot better. Scent is fresh but not too much and it absorbed my oils a lot better so I’ve already bought the full size when I finished this. I was a bit bad on not using any foils or samples so I’ll put that as another resolution to do!

that is a favorite of mine too @SnugglePuggle94 tatcha ha...

that is a favorite of mine too @SnugglePuggle94 tatcha has some super products, I just tried a tatcha sheet mask today and the serum was so good

Amika dry shampoo smells so nice! They have a dry conditioner that I love as well.

Hi @SnugglePuggle94,

How did you like the Elizabeth and James Dry Shampoo? I would love to try it! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

RE: Re: RE: Empties - 2019

Hi @JaneanBT! I liked it but the smell was definitely not a winner for me. I had to hold my breath because inhaling it was yuck and if I opened my mouth I would taste it for awhile after too. The Amika one worked a lot better as well in keeping my hair clean until my next wash too on top of having a much more gentle but nice smelling scent.

@SnugglePuggle94 The Amika dry shampoo is my favourite formula!  Glad you loved it!

1 Reply
testing