Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - 2019

Seeing product empties is so satisfying Smiley Happy

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: RE: Empties - 2019

Wonderful empties @SnugglePuggle94! The TATCHA - The Water Creamis one of my go-to moisturizers! The AMIKA - Perk Up Dry Shampoois one of favorites as well Smiley Happy

@SnugglePuggle94 Thanks for sharing your great emptiesSmiley Happy

Best,

Rebecca 

Re: Empties - 2019

Late posting of my december empties!

loves-dec18.jpegLoves

Spoiler

Loves :

Ouai Scalp & body scrub : Scent is pretty strong, but nice and feminine (if you're extremely sensitive to scented products I wouldn't recommend). Already bought a second one, works wonderfully for my scalp. I loved the Christophe Robin’s scrub, but it’s so expensive. Glad I found a less pricy alternative!

Benefit Roller Lash Mascara : Wonderful length, slim plastic brush without too much product on it, clump free, no smudges or flaking!

Sephora Collection Mud Mask Purifying & Mattifying : Really nice, my pores looked clean and my skin was pretty matte afterwards.

Sephora Collection Solid Cleanser : The best to clean makeup sponges and brushes. I can't use anything else when it comes to deep cleaning my tools. They come out looking new.

Herbivore Lapis Oil Balancing Facial Oil : Absorbs beautifully, really hydrating, made my pimples noticeably smaller the next morning.

Biossance Squalane + Vitamin C Rose Oil : Smell like roses, feels luxurious, calming, nice hydration, absorbs easily.

Verso Reviving Eye Mask : Super brightening, soft cool gel patches that are soothing, make the undereye area plump and youthful.

Creme Shop Masks (peppermint oil & naughty) : Amazing!!! Although I think the shape of the sheets fit a bit weirdly on the face, there's just enough serum, it doesn't leave a residue on the skin and makes a nice difference!

likes-dec18.jpegLikes

Spoiler

Kopari Coconut Melt : The price is a bit too high for coconut oil, but it's so good I still like it. Makes my skin glow and smells delicious. 

Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair! Hair Mask : Like it, nice hydration, love the ingredients. Makes my hair looking silky and healthy. It helps, but not as much as I expected.

Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Mask : This was the first hair mask I tried back when I started taking care of my hair and remember really liking it. I bought a second jar. It's a deep nourishing mask, contains a LOT of glycerin. It's doesn't weigh down my hair too much. Takes a lot of time to rinse off your hair because it's so heavy.

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Anti-Wrinkle Moisturizer : Nice moisturizer, not too thick. Did repair some damage of the harsh cold weather. Would love to try more to get a better opinion.

First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream : Amazing for winter time. I prefer the consistency in the tube rather than in the jar for some reason(?), it absorbs quicker.

Crème Shop mask : Good little mask, not too moisturizing or glowing, but it was nice.

Too Faced Mascara Melt-Off : I bought this after trying a sample. Definitely don't see this reducing the rubbing and tugging of my eyes that much, but it's nice to dissolves even the thickest, crustiest layer of mascara and simplifies my nighttime routine. It's nice, but it's basically a conditioning oil so if you already have a makeup remover that you like and works for removing your mascara I don't see it as a totally useful purchase. It's an extra step, maybe not worth it for everybody.

The Browgal Instatint in Brown : Nice little spoolie that makes it easy to work with. Can clump a little bit so you have to spread out carefully in your brows. I found it not as thickening as the Gimme Brow, it's more subtle. The shade was a little bit too dark with a reddish undertone for me, but it was nice.

Cover FX Illuminating Setting Spray : BEST mist ever, so fine and diffuse perfectly. Although, you do need to shake it for a long time otherwise you’ll get glitter on your face.

LaNeige Water Sleeping Mask : Great for a quick nighttime fix, not the most hydrating but still really good. Absorbs super fast, so your face doesn’t feel sticky all night.

okay-dec18.jpegOkay, meh

Spoiler

Okay : 

Ole Henriksen Balancing Force Oil Control Toner : I don't get the hype around this toner. Didn't notice any oil control during this past summer/autumn season. It did remove the extra makeup and dirt after double cleansing so that's why I categorize it as "okay".

Origins Clear Improvement Body Wash : Bought this in the sale section, I think they don't carry it anymore. It's an AMAZING body wash, but I hated the charcoal scent, it was way too strong... I used it as a shaving soap lol.

Briogeo Scalp Revival Cooling Jelly Conditioner : Was okay, but I prefer to use my conditioner only on my ends to moisturize them and go in with a scrub for my scalp. It's really cooling tho, so if you experience a lot of itchiness I would recommend.

Pixi Brow Tamer : I liked it at first, but with time I realized it's not super long lasting and it can form clumps so you have to be careful when applying. The spoolie is nice but so short it doesn't reach the product at the bottom of the tube so you end up not using 1/3 of the gel. Okay, but would not purchase.

Caudalie Divine Oil (I used it only on my body*) : Liked the formula but didn't see it as "divine". It's lightweight, non greasy. Went through the little bottle super quickly so I guess it would be expensive to use all year long. Hated the scent, like weirdly floral (grapes mixed with sesame). Love glass bottles, but would make it hard to travel with and you need to be careful not to drop it. 

REN Evercalm Global Protection Day Cream : Nice and moisturizing but it did clog my pores. Would recommend for dry skin.

Juice Beauty Oil Free Moisturizer : Same opinion than the REN cream.

Kirkland Daily Facial Cleansing Towelettes : They perform really well, no scent and just moist enough, but there is too much alcohol in them.

meh-dec18.jpegNope, not for me!

Spoiler

Dislikes :

Joico K-Pak Shampoo : Used to do wonders when I bleached my hair. Now my untreated hair is much more oilier and this shampoo just makes it greasy. Smells amazing tho.

Cirem HCR 3-in-1 sheet mask : I'm not into this "compression" trend where you attach the mask behind your ears and under your chin. I get the concept, but it's just not comfortable to wear this for 20-30 minutes. Also, there was so much serum in it wouldn’t totally sink in. It's a pass for me.

Hi @ellem24,

I am loving the Rollerlash mascara! What great set of empties! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

@ellem24 What awesome empties! Thank you for adding why u liked or disliked. It always helps me decide if I want to try a new item Smiley Happy

Best,

Rebecca

Empties - 2019

nope to the blueberry sheet mask, it contains alcohol high on the ingredients list, liked the banobagi mask and dp hue acv the vinegar smell was not overpowering and it did a good job at cleansing. 💗 everything else 😍

Empties from the past 10 or so days

(ps, I’m doing a daily sheet mask self imposed challenge - hence the larger then normal amount of masks!)

Spoiler

Notes about some loves: 

• Korres cleanser - this smells amazing and cleanses while moisturizing. The only bad thing is there seems to always be some moldy buildup on the bottle? I keep it in my shower (which I know some people are very against) but I’ve never had this issue with any other bottle. 
  • Kiehls Glow Formula - I cant wait to buy this! It’s a primer / super duper sheer coverage cream that gives the most subtle glow. It’ll be perfect for summer. 
  • Deep sleep pillow spray - I’ve deep dove into the world of pillow sprays and this one was so fantastic. I had the best sleep the nights that I used this! I’m working through a couple more but will probably purchase full size once I have finished those. 

Masks

• These were all pretty good! I had one dud but I must have thrown the packaging away. So far I’ve had a really good experience with Facetory sub so hopefully that keeps up. 
  • Oh, the finger mask! Gifted from the wonderful @eshoe! Such a cool idea but I think I needed a friend to help me put on the last 2, lol. Most of them fit a little big but my thumbs must’ve larger than normal. Really cool idea that did make my cuticles nice and soft

ADC8DEFD-967A-475D-B90C-B97376C49C0A.jpegB10A60FA-AC40-4CC5-AA32-E1DE6653E824.jpeg

lots of loves with those sheet masks 😍 @scott1201

lots of loves with those sheet masks 😍 @scott1201

Re: lots of loves with those sheet masks 😍 @scott1201

Yep! 🤗 looks like we had a lot in common, @lmaster!

@scott1201 we are on some sort of masking love opposites warp, @scott1201...everything that was just ok for you was a love for me, and vice versa! Odd about that Korres, I have it too but haven’t noticed any build up. I wonder if humidity plays a big part🤔

Ooooh good point about the humidity! I bet that is it! I’m bad about turning my fans on in the bathroom and it’s already pretty humid here anyway. 

Also, funny about our masking Twlight Zone! I knew you loved that Whole Foods mask which I, admittedly, don’t really like but it wasn’t bad 😉 funny how preferences can be so different! @eshoe

@christyrc - eshoe had a good point about the humidity! Wonder if that is it?

RE: Re: Empties - 2019

@scott1201 Yes! What is with that Korres bottle??? Mine does the same thing. I always imagined it was gunky Makeup residue. Now I realize I don’t touch it with makeup residue on my hands. I’m gonna relocate my bottle now. 😝

Re: RE: Re: Empties - 2019

I’m glad it’s not just me, @christyrc! It’s probably a good match for mildew since it has the lid with grooves on the sides

RE: Empties - 2019

Really, I’m more of a monthly empties poster, but I’ve been using up stuff rapidly this month. Maybe because I started getting intentional about decluttering in September? IDK. LIKE Body Drench exfoliating gel. IDK. It’s likable, but I’m not going out of my way to find out who sells it. So, not a thing i’ll repurchase. MAC Gleam. It’s a cool color, but feels less relevant to me these days so won’t repurchase. So glad it’s panned. UD Naked. This is a love. I have many backups. Just a good neutral taupey brown that goes with everything.

good job on panning!! @christyrc

good job on panning!! @christyrc

This makes me think I should pull out some of m MAC singles.  They haven't gotten any love from me in a long time.... but they used to be-- as you said-- more relevant in my life.  

January empties:3F2CE0AA-32CD-48ED-943E-5D150852B158.jpegLoves ❤️9C6ECB99-FB78-442D-8D42-38B025A42DD7.jpegNopes

@keana1 Something about an empty toner bottle is SO satisfying hahhaa

Did you ever try this toner @cianni ? It’s so great! ❤️❤️❤️ 

@keana1 you love the buffet? or is that a nope?

@keana1 you love the buffet? or is that a nope?