Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - 2019

Seeing product empties is so satisfying Smiley Happy

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: @keana1 you love the buffet? or is that a nope?

It’s my HG serum @lmaster ! I can’t go a day without using it ( twice a day ) ! I love it so much that I have 3 backups! It’s my drug of choice LOL 😂! Best of all, it’s so inexpensive for a multi-peptide serum ❣️

Re: @keana1 you love the buffet? or is that a nope?

@keana1 oh totally agree. Love it

Re: Empties - 2019

Weekly trash, I knew I was busy this week but 6 sheet masks (including one from this morning) was  surprising. 6EB8E3BC-B946-4183-9192-3154C69FE628.jpeg

Spoiler
All of these masks were great, the Vita Cocktail my least favorite yet it was still a good mask. The Merbliss was very nice, although I was hoping it was a gauze mask like another one in their line that is amazing. Still good though.

D7B98D53-0BF6-4B71-8097-1A216A922C60.jpeg

Spoiler
No loves here, everything was kind of so-so or not for me. Except for the Kilian, it had a grandpa smell that was not a good one and I couldn’t stand myself when I wore it. 

I had had high hopes for the ND foundation, but it was just too much coverage on the first application without allowing me to build up. I tried three different primers (Tatcha Silk Canvas, Becca Velvet Blurring Powder, and Becca First Light) and there was no ‘glow’ just a flat matte finish. Which, if that’s your thing, this might be your thing!

JHAG Sunny Side Up was not very memorable for me, can’t place the scent but it wasn’t my cup of tea. Not terrible, though.

@eshoe I was curious about the kilian perfume... doesn't...

@eshoe I was curious about the kilian perfume... doesn't sound appealing

Re: @eshoe I was curious about the kilian perfume... doesn't...

The other one I had a sample of was better, @lmaster, the princess one. Neither lasted long on me but most perfumes don’t. Another one I’m glad I didn’t like, especially when I’m trying not to spend $🤨

Oh I love the princess @eshoe but YVES SAINT LAURENT - Black Opium is easier on the wallet and similar scent in my opinion. 

Oh I have a sample of that YSL @lmaster, I’ve hD it for awhile now. Will need to try it!

Agree on the adults. I think the smell of cedarwood killed it for me. I've got the travel spray for princess!@eshoe 

I don’t mind cedarwood on it’s own @sonnydee, but this blend was just no bueno for me:/

when I was picking products for my project pan for 2019, I realized there were a ton of products I didn’t want to include because they’re things I knew I would finish and it wouldn’t be much of a challenge. So I’ll be trying to do an update here as well to include things that are outside of my pan! I’m not going to include sheet masks or foils because I already know I’m going to forget to keep those for a photo.F230D6DD-2AB3-453C-8943-B3D9997544E5.jpeg

Spoiler
LOVE - the mini Tommy Hilfiger 2 is a really nostalgic smell to me so it will forever be a love for that reason alone (I think I bought my first bottle in high school). I hate dabbers and have since discovered scents I lIke better, so I’m happy to have this finished. Not pictured - The Creme Shop charcoal makeup remover wipes. Love these, I have repurchased. Takes makeup off without making my skin feel stripped and dry, and I can Usually take a whole face off with both sides of one wipe.

MEH - benefit roller lash. I know everyone loves this but I prefer my BTS and the Milk Kush. I had a bunch of minis of the roller lash and this is officially my last one. Clinique acne solutions cleansing gel - made my skin feel clean. I don’t struggle with too much acne but it did help to keep some of my smaller whiteheads at bay. It did the job, but I feel like are so many other washes with 2% salicylic acid that it doesn’t make it that special.

DISLIKES - L’Oréal power moisture hair mask and Verb Sea Texture cream. For both I found that they smelled nice, but I saw no difference between using them and not.

@cianni great job! getting through the hair mask!!

@cianni great job! getting through the hair mask!!

Re: @cianni great job! getting through the hair mask!!

@lmaster Thank you! I swear towards the end it was like... must... finish.. so close... even though no results..... 😂😂 I’m happy to see that one go 👋🏼👋🏼

Re: @cianni great job! getting through the hair mask!!

Yeah I've tried since like that too @cianni 😂😂

Kudos to you for your restructuring @cianni😊

IMG_3494.jpgEmpties for January (so far).

Although the mask left my face feeling soft, I didn't care for the smell of the Hyaluronic Acid mask (had sort of a clean old man smell) which unfortunately lingered after using it. The Jeju Natural Aloe masks are nice, although I usually have to widen the eye area with some scissors, and have a lot of left over serum. All of the Tatcha foils are good, although I do feel like the eye cream has a tendency to encourage milia (for me at least). The Lotus Youth Preserve Moisturizer from fresh is actually quite nice and I would probably consider buying it again although it has two drawbacks for me - the first being that the smell when you initially apply it is very strong (reminds me of cucumbers), and the second is the fact that they do (last I checked) sell in China... so I'm not clear on the whole animal testing issue for this product. 

great masks @sockmagnet

great masks @sockmagnet

RE: Empties - 2019

LOVED the Kevin Murphy Un.Tangled leave in conditioner. Unfortunately, my DH has a problem with the smell, which might be described as a clovey scent under a bunch of fruity scents. LOVED the Beauty Blender Cleanser and will always repurchase both the little soaps and the liquid. LIKED the Fresh Grapefruit shower gel but there are other scents I like better, like the Sugar Lychee. LIKE the Almay oil free eye makeup remover pads. In fact, these were my favorite for years, but right now I’m on a quest for a cruelty-free HG eye makeup remover. I still have lots of backups, if you see me repost more empties.

good to know about the Kevin Murphy @christyrc

good to know about the Kevin Murphy @christyrc

End of the year, start of the new... Empties ready for the trash!

The favorites:IMG_20190108_142747.jpgAll loves that have been or will be purchased again.

The meh gang:IMG_20190108_142432.jpgAll of these were ok, just not any "wow" factors

The dislikes:IMG_20190108_142151.jpgThese did not work for me at all.

@quspork What awesome empties! I am loving all the skincare. 2019 for me is going to be more about skin!

Best,

Rebecca 

@quspork You got through a ton of stuff! And it always feels good to get rid of multiple FS at once.

4 Replies