Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - 2019

Seeing product empties is so satisfying Smiley Happy

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - 2019

IMG_3494.jpgEmpties for January (so far).

Although the mask left my face feeling soft, I didn't care for the smell of the Hyaluronic Acid mask (had sort of a clean old man smell) which unfortunately lingered after using it. The Jeju Natural Aloe masks are nice, although I usually have to widen the eye area with some scissors, and have a lot of left over serum. All of the Tatcha foils are good, although I do feel like the eye cream has a tendency to encourage milia (for me at least). The Lotus Youth Preserve Moisturizer from fresh is actually quite nice and I would probably consider buying it again although it has two drawbacks for me - the first being that the smell when you initially apply it is very strong (reminds me of cucumbers), and the second is the fact that they do (last I checked) sell in China... so I'm not clear on the whole animal testing issue for this product. 

great masks @sockmagnet

great masks @sockmagnet

RE: Empties - 2019

LOVED the Kevin Murphy Un.Tangled leave in conditioner. Unfortunately, my DH has a problem with the smell, which might be described as a clovey scent under a bunch of fruity scents. LOVED the Beauty Blender Cleanser and will always repurchase both the little soaps and the liquid. LIKED the Fresh Grapefruit shower gel but there are other scents I like better, like the Sugar Lychee. LIKE the Almay oil free eye makeup remover pads. In fact, these were my favorite for years, but right now I’m on a quest for a cruelty-free HG eye makeup remover. I still have lots of backups, if you see me repost more empties.

good to know about the Kevin Murphy @christyrc

good to know about the Kevin Murphy @christyrc

End of the year, start of the new... Empties ready for the trash!

The favorites:IMG_20190108_142747.jpgAll loves that have been or will be purchased again.

The meh gang:IMG_20190108_142432.jpgAll of these were ok, just not any "wow" factors

The dislikes:IMG_20190108_142151.jpgThese did not work for me at all.

@quspork What awesome empties! I am loving all the skincare. 2019 for me is going to be more about skin!

Best,

Rebecca 

@quspork You got through a ton of stuff! And it always feels good to get rid of multiple FS at once.

@quspork lots of nice products I use too 😉

@quspork lots of nice products I use too 😉

Wow! Look at you go! A lot of your favourites are favourites of mine, too. 

Isn't that Bumble and Bumble conditioner just the best!  I also love the Lancome bi-facil make up remover.  It's a very underrated product that I keep going back to over the years.  Great set of empties!

Yes- love the B&B Hairdresser's Oil line, @missjeanie! It's so good at making hair soft and manageable! 

Lots of great empties @quspork! I see some of favorites within your favorites pile. Love seeing everyones empties Smiley Tongue

Okay, lots of recent empties! Sorry for all the picture spam - i didn't want to tote empty items home from my trip

IMG_7458.jpgSorry for the weird lighting - the hotel bathroom light was super low

Spoiler

Loves: Josie Maran (thank you so much @eshoe Smiley Happy ), Belief

Likes: Fresh (don't love the scent), ABH Brow Wiz (I prefer the bigger tip version, this one always crumbles on me)

Dislike: Glow recipe (!!!) - i know, i'm surprised, too. It just felt like the texture was separating or something? I couldn't get a consistent texture. Sometimes it would be super yucky gel then other times very smooth gel. I think i should just stop trying to find gel masks to like; they're just not my thing. 

No opinion of the toothpaste, lol. It worked

IMG_7485.jpg

Spoiler

Loves: LM (already repurchased for the 3rd time), Jack Black (Love you 4ever), Clinique (really good and doesn't burn), Moraccannoil (love love love), DDG (makes my skin feel great super fast).

Eh: Lancome - hard to get a good feel on a skincare foil.

IMG_7486.jpg

Spoiler

Loves: All except the Watermelon Creme Shop. Lapcos Collagen is an all time favorite and possibly my favorite sheet mask brand.

Like: Watermelon Creme Shop. I didn't dislike this one but i won't go out of my way to repurchase. I'm not a super big fan of Watermelon scents and it dried up faster than normal.

Jack black is my fave too @scott1201. Did you like the peach and lily? I tried to get some during a GWP bag event but the store I was buying through didn't stock them so I never ended up trying them.

Hi @scott1201,

I love the Josie Maran Whipped Argan Oil. The texture feels so nice! Interesting about the Glow Recipe! I have yet to try it! Thanks for the feedback! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

mine crumbles too @scott1201 so annoying!

mine crumbles too @scott1201 so annoying!

So glad you liked the Josie Maran, @scott1201! I love to blend the unscented version with different Aveda composition oils, too. 

I'm so jealous @scott1201 - I wanted to love the LAURA MERCIER - Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 20but couldn't find a shade match (despite coverage being sheer). So glad it works for you! Also excited for the good reviews of belif and clinique since I think I have those too. Thanks for sharing.

Weekly trash:83347BC6-AAF6-430B-8EDB-C7C81CB947C3.jpeg

Spoiler
The Jo Malone is Peony and Blush. To me it has a strong jasmine scent that is nice on others but too strong for me to wear. I finished it, though, so many others love it so I’m glad I was able to try it.

The Leaders and Lapcos Milk masks are both good and I would repurchase, but won’t restock right now. I have a few of the fresh Vitamin Nectar masks left from gratis earlier this year, and I save them for when I am in a hurry and my skin looks dull and tired. They always help and I will likely be purchasing this.

The YSL All-in-One Glow is very nice but doesn’t wear as well as the Armani Luminous Foundation for me. Feels similar in consistency to the Armani Face Fabric.

@eshoe The DR. JART+ - Ceramidin™ Facial Maskhhhas been my new favorite sheet mask lately. I feel like it helps with the overall tone of my skin. Thanks for sharing all your empties Smiley Happy

Best,

Rebecca 

I should add this to my list! @RebeccaBT 

Since fall I've been on a skincare quest, which really ramped up in January.  

6 Replies