Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Makeup Is Life

Empties - 2019

Seeing product empties is so satisfying Smiley Happy

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

RE: Empties - 2019

Late May to mid June empties ☀️ I’m a little bit late on the May empties train, but I finally have a full bucket. This month I’m adding a new category to my rating systems, penalty box bad. These are products so bad that I couldn’t bother finishing and am not upset that I didn’t finish. Loves: Touch in SOL Advanced Real Moisture Liquid Foundation, Tarte Tartiest Lip Paint In Rosé, Marc Jacobs Lip Créme in #216 Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, Bath and Body Works Watermelon Lemonade Hand Sanitizer, Rosebud Perfume Co. Rosebud Salve, Sephora Rouge Shine #14 Love Affair Likes: Bath and Body Works Rose Quartz Hans Cream, First Aid Beauty Ginger & Turmeric Vitamin C Jelly Mask, First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream, BareMinerals Marvelous Moxie Lipsticks in Fly High/Speak Your Mind/Never Say Never, Commodity Gold Parfum, Meh/So-So: Tarte Rainforest of The Sea Water Foundation, Belif Aqua Bomb Sleeping Mask, Drunk Elephant Jelly Cleanser, Jeffree Star Cosmetics Velour Liquid Lip in Jawbreaker, NYX Epic Ink Liner, Contour Cosmetics Pencil in #4 Juju Penalty Box Bad: John Frieda Luxurious Volume Dry Shampoo, Gucci Guilty Eau de Toilette, Kat Von D Studded Kiss Lipstick In Poe.

Re: RE: Empties - 2019

Funny, I've got a Gucci Guilty sample I'm using as we speak.  It smells like wealth.  I'd like to be wealthy. There appears to be a correlation, or maybe it's a leap.  I might just buy it. @cindyvonlovely 

great stash of empties! @cindyvonlovely

great stash of empties! @cindyvonlovely

Re: Empties - 2019

Posting an overflowing empties bag. This is several months worth of trash. 

IMG_20190604_161846.jpgThe Winners

All of these have already been repurchased or will be in the future: Sephora Collection Banana Lip Balm, Bumble and Bumble Hairdresser's Oil Shampoo, Lancome Monsier Big mascara, Benefit Goof Proof Brow Pencil, Coola Rosilliance BB Cream, ColorScience Face Shield sunscreen, Laneige Water Sleeping Mask, Shiseido cotton squares, Beautyblender liquid cleanser, Belif Moisturizing Bomb, Caudalie Vinosource Moisturizing Sorbet Cream

IMG_20190604_162109.jpgThe Ehhhhhhs

All of these were ok, just not great and don't merit a re-(or full) purchase: Sulwhasoo oil cleanser, Estee Lauder Advanced Night Serum, Tata Harper Resurfacing Serum, Korres Wild Rose Sleep Facial, Ole Henriksen Forces of Nature Hand Cream, Ole Henriksen Pure Truth Oil, Philosophy Ultimate Miracle Worker day cream, Kate Somerville Oil-Free Moisturizer, Ahava Deadsea Hand Cream, Becca Velvet Blurring Primer, AmorePacific Moisture Bound Hydra-Gel, Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Serum, L'Occitane Ulta Rich Body Cream, Too Faced Hangover Primer, Dermalogica Ultracalming Barrer Repair, Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream, Strivectin Deep Repair Hair Mask, Sachajuan moisturizing shampoo and conditioner, Strivectin Max Volume shampoo and Conditioner

IMG_20190604_161701.jpgThe Oh-Nos

These were just terrible for me a variety of reasons: The Sephora Collection Rose Hair Sleeping Mask for its awful scent, Too Faced Lip Injection Extreme because makeup shouldn't hurt, Shiseido Wetforce sunscreen just didn't work for my skin at all, Drunk Elephant Umbra Tinte Sunscreen was the wrong tint for me, Ole Henriksen Counter Balance Hydrator for its horrific smell, and Farmacy Clean Bee cleanser for its unpleasant scent and never feeling like it washed off easily. 

@quspork, what didn't you like about the Sulwhasoo oil cleanser?  I heard that brand is really good, but have never tried before.  Would love to hear your opinions, good or bad.

It was mostly the scent, @angelKiss24. It wasn't terrible, but it's far from my favorite. It's a good consistency and seemed to do a good job overall of removing makeup. But I have others that I prefer, that's why it ended up in the just ok group. 

too bad there's so many that were not super impressive, @...

too bad there's so many that were not super impressive, @quspork but at least you know what you like 😉

Re: too bad there's so many that were not super impressive, @...

I think I'm just getting picky in my old age, @lmaster 😂

@quspork awesome group of products. I love the color science tinted face shield and will be ordering full size soon. It works great under makeup. The coola bb is really nice too. I ultimately decided on the supergoop because I liked the finish a bit more. 

Hi @quspork ,

Wow this is impressive! Great set of empties! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

653CAE12-DEA0-4AA0-8F70-7AB1F4C5ED8D.jpegLoves- verso eye serum was very hydrating and super expensive. Love the a plus Sunday riley. The sheet mask is by Huxley and was very hydrating but costly at $36 for 3 masks

939B170F-4D89-4982-9BA7-6CC329AF9FA9.jpegMeh, okay, meh, like just don’t use often due to cost

Hi @jen81 ,

That Double Wear Foundation is amazing! Great set of empties. 

Best Wishes,

Janean

@jen81 Awesome empties! So many great products!

Best,

Rebecca

@jen81, I love masking but at that price!? woahhh...it be...

@jen81, I love masking but at that price!? woahhh...it better make me look like my dream 16 year old self (minus grease ball face)!!

Ooooh I've been wanting to hear about the Huxley mask, @jen81. Yikes on the price, though.

@eshoe yes very nice but... not that nice. Maybe they will go on sale? Definitely gave a boost of hydration but $$$

Hi Everybody! I'm thrilled to do my first empties post!! I've been collecting goodies lately since I've seen this thread in Community and can't wait to share with you all. 

Empties_June 2019.jpg

Here we go! 

1) OLAPLEX - No. 5 Bond Maintenance™ ConditionerLOVE this. Not pictured is the shampoo which I also used and recycled by accident.  

2) SEPHORA COLLECTION - Sephora Collection x OLLY: Lustrous Hair

I've already gobbled down this bottle. I *think* my hair is looking better, but in any event I feel good that I'm taking a daily vitamin. 

3) PETER THOMAS ROTH - Cucumber De-Tox™ Hydra-Gel Eye Patches

and PETER THOMAS ROTH - 24K Gold Pure Luxury Lift & Firm Hydra-Gel Eye PatchesI am ADDICTED to the 24K gold eye patches. I got them on some sort of special deal last fall and stocked up on them at the time. Now I find ways to justify full price (granted, yes with my employee discount...) when I run out. The cucumber ones are nice, but I absolutely love the 24K gold ones. I've posted my eye masks on an airplane in the masking thread before. I even do these at my desk in the office!! Working for Sephora, I can get away with that ;-) 

4) BEAUTYBIO - The Daily Vitamin C Day Serum with Antioxidant Complex

This felt SO luxurious to put on my face daily. It was truly a treat. I'm trying out other serums now, but this one is worth checking out. 

5) Face masks!! I had never heard of TOO COOL FOR SCHOOL - Egg Cream Mask Firming brand but gave it a go. I find it extremely hydrating, but I will be honest that I'm not used to the consistency, perhaps because of the egg white. Anyone else try these? 

And then of course my fave SC masks, this time in SEPHORA COLLECTION - Face Mask - Pineapple - Pore Perfecting.I think I own every single type they make. 

6) Fresh products! FRESH - Black Tea Firming and De-Puffing Eye Cream

I got this for my mom for Christmas but it turns out she can't handle much of anything with a scent, no matter how faint, so I got it - yay me! Loved it!

I also used the FRESH - Rose Floral Tonerspray. I kept this one at my desk and used it for "spray breaks" throughout the day. Very refreshing. 

7) A ton of samples: HUM NUTRITION - Daily Cleanse Clear Skin and Body Detox Supplement .  SUPERGOOP! - Unseen Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 40

- this stuff is probably my fave sunscreen now. I have a bottle I'm bringing on vacation with me. DR. JART+ - Peptidin™ Firming Serum with Energy Peptides

DR. JART+ - Peptidin™ Radiance Serum with Energy Peptides. Loved these as a daily serum. I stopped using them for a while when I got the BeautyBio and then went back and finished them up when that was done. 

This was fun! Can't wait for my next one. Who has tried any of these?

Congrats on your first empties @CarolBT  Woohoo!  You found a lot of winners! 

@carolbt, I love spray breaks, I keep a huge bottle of CN...

@CarolBT, I love spray breaks, I keep a huge bottle of CNP at my desk 🤗 The Fresh one will go on my list to try next, thanks!

Great empties @CarolBT! I love the SC pineapple mask❤️🍍

2,098 Replies