Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Makeup Is Life

Empties - 2019

Seeing product empties is so satisfying Smiley Happy

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - 2019

Empties from April through now. 

Loves:

lovejul19.jpglovejuly192.jpgmasklovejuly19.jpg

Spoiler
glowy base!
Leahlani balancing toner- very hydrating despite the name "balancing" and scent is very refreshing. I would repurchase this (again, things to use up first).
Leahlani siren brightening serum- Actually this should have been in the likes. I enjoyed it but didn't see huge results/wouldn't purchase it.
Leahlani mahina evening elixir- Loved this. Honestly the product results were okay, nothing out of this world. A good solid product, but not a life changer. BUT the scent was so lovely and calming that I might get a big bottle to douse myself in it. 
Mahalo Petal mask- Loved this. The scent was stronger than I prefer but not overwhelming. Very calming and hydrating, left a little bit of blood flow redness that subsided quickly. Want to invest in this but a little hesitant about getting through a large expensive jar in time.
Mahalo Bean mask- Soothing and refreshing, skin was nice and happy after. I would purchase this in a heartbeat if there was a smaller jar but don't use this type of mask enough for a large jar. I will defiantly get a sample again.
St Tropez gradual tan tinted- Big fan of st tropez so wasn't surprised to enjoy this. 
DE B hydra serum- After a run in with framboos serum 3 years ago, I was super reluctant to try anything DE. After loving baby facial, I decided to give another DE product a try and I'm glad I did. Great results, would definitely consider purchasing FS.
Merbliss wedding dress mask- this was so luxurious, I am buying 10 and for sure saving one for my wedding weekend! Thank you  !
Lapcos oil mask- Another brand I've had a run in with before, usually lapcos masks are way too strongly scented for me. When eshoe sent this one as well, it came with a scent warning but I was intrigued by the oil concept and wanted to try it anyways. Scent was strong but not too much, great hydrating results. Will purchase!
Mediheal aloe mask- also from eshoe (girl thanks!!! <3) this mask was super soothing and hydrating. 
Tatcha dewy skin mask- This is a nice luxury but not something I'd use frequently due to price.

likejuly192.jpglikejul19.jpgmasklikejuly19.jpg

Spoiler
Likes- Items that are no harm/no foul and would use again but likely won't repurchase.
New to me/considerable mentions:
Vita coco coconut oil- I love coconut oil! this was okay, it was a little lumpy and harder to "melt down" than some others.
Davines oi shampoo- I actually destashed half a bottle because I am using olaplex with such great results that I can't go back! I like the davines it's just not HG for me anymore
Dr Jart cicapair cream- another long timer in my routine that might not be an HG anymore. I have a couple mini's I will keep evaluating with while I play with some new samples.
Clarins body scrub- worked well but did not like the strong scent.
Chantecaille retinol body lotion- Liked but wouldn't purchase at the price.
May Lindstrom blue cocoon- Teeterd on this a lot between like and love. I did really like the natural earthy scent and it felt soft and luxurious going on, but if I used it at night hydration didn't always last all night. Occasionally after use I had some irritation but I'm not sure it's related or not. I would definitely want to use more of this to pinpoint where it falls. 
Guerlain toner- Again liked but not something I would likely invest in. Scent was stronger than expected but tolerable. 

Nope:

nojuly19.jpg

Spoiler
My skin freaked after I used this. It dried up hard/crusty on my forehead and my skin was angry red when I took it off and super dry. I had a lot of flaking/dryness for 4-5 days and coddling with hydrating heroes to recover. I'm not sure what the trigger was, the ingredients list isn't "clean" by any means but no big heavy irritation hitters either. Anyone else had a hard time with this one? 

And some from traveling

travelmay.jpg

Spoiler
Love: bare republic sunscreen, body butter, dr dart BB
Hate: Goodness Garden sunscreen. Applied bright white, didn't rub in, didn't spray well.
Rest are okay.

so satisfying @CC3616 😆

so satisfying @CC3616 😆

Been traveling (do i even need to start these posts by saying that anymore, hah) and here are some hotel emptiesIMG_9118.jpg

Spoiler
  • Shampoo & Conditioners: love all of these. The big winner is the Playa, which smelled great and made my hair feel very soft.
  • Caudalie: I love this eye cream so much. Hopefully i'll get to use these GWPs forever because the FS packaging looks difficult (and esssssspensive)
  • CLEAN fragrance: eh, it's a little too spicy for me. I've been using this as a travel spray only (IE when i'm on trips) to use it up because it doesn't really suit me.
  • D*mn Girl: no no no. I love BTS but this is not good and hopefully not a replacement. It was so difficult to wash off and the brush was just too big to be able to maneuver around the eye.
  • Farmacy: OH THIS IS GOOD! Recent discovery from the Sephora Favorites set. Love how this feels and performs. 
  • Sephora mask: not my favorite. Difficult to wash off and doesn't really clean my face that well.
  • AP Enzyme: This was fine. I wouldn't purchase this myself but don't mind the little foils for travel.
  • Julip Mask: I LOVE THIS! I typically dislike multi-step masks but this one made my skin feel so smooth and happy the next day.
  • Vita Pearl Mask: No no no. This one stained my face and sink a bright pink. It was so difficult to use.
  •  

Sorry about the DG mascara @scott1201. It has actually been one the easier mascaras for me to remove. But different products work differently for everyone. Glad you know to spend your money on another mascara that suits you. Nice empties! Hope your travels went smoothly.

@scott1201 so lucky you are!! traveling for work or pleas...

@scott1201 so lucky you are!! traveling for work or pleasure? great empties 😉

Delayed sharing of my June Empties!

Empties-2019.06.PNG

Skindinavia - The Makeup Finishing Spray Bridal

Spoiler
I bought this for my wedding..in 2015. That shows you how frequently I use setting spray. I probably should use it more to keep myself from sweating off product. The product itself is fine and the mister was good until the very end when it would spit the final bits of product at me. I just need to get into a better habit. I have an URBAN DECAY - All Nighter Long-Lasting Makeup Setting Spray and @lmaster sent me a Mac Fix+. I'll definitely need to start using these other setting sprays because all of them, including Skindinavia have good hype and should help my makeup survive the Florida heat.

Lady Speed Stick

Spoiler
It's an okay normal deodorant. Keeps the odor at bay generally. Sports can sometimes be too much but that's life. It does leave white marks. I am using my last of this and can't wait to use the Schmidt's lmaster sent me. Smiley Happy

CAUDALIE - Vinosource Moisturizing Sorbet

Spoiler
This moisturizer was not something I enjoyed. I didn't like the smell. And the consistency was worse - it resembled cottage cheese.
20190603_083723.jpg
It didn't seem to be overly moisturzing or brightening. Not for me.

TARTE - Maracuja C-Brighter™ Eye Treatment

Spoiler
This smelled like champagne to me. I could see this being a good eye cream for someone wanting brightness. I think maybe I want something more for fine lines than brightness. Also I wouldn't want an eye cream with this much of a scent. But I enjoyed the sample. Again, it could be great for someone but not 100% my cup of tea though I can appreciate what it does.

BAREMINERALS - Original Loose Powder Mineral Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 15

Spoiler
This refers to both the big one that's in "Fairly Medium" and the sample in "Fairly Light." I like the ease of Bare Minerals. It can cover but is great for a natural look. If you apply to much or don't buff it in, it can look powdery but I think I've got my routine down so it works well for me. I have the shade "Medium" left which I bought when I moved to Orlando. It's quite old but it seems despite sunscreen I've got color again this summer and will hopefully finish this off. I like the product and have been able to work with a variety of shades which is both nice and confusing. Not sure if I will repurchase after my makeup no buy or try something else. But so far I haven't had much luck shade matching with CC creams so this might be my go-to until I find something better.

BAREMINERALS - All-Over Face Color - Faux Tan

Spoiler
Who knows how long I've had this little thing. Just a bit goes a long way. It does have some shimmer (though it's light) but I used it as contour/bronzer. I find the faux tan works better than warmth for my skin tone. I have another one (unopened) from buying a 2nd kit - hindsight - I didn't need two of the same kit when I haven't worked my way through one..though getting an extra soft focus brush was good. Back to the point, this was fine but I'll probably venture to other products for bronzer/contour when I need something new.

Tagging @christyrc to see how my caudalie looked.

@ShortErica you can use them for a quick skin Hydration fix too, like after a hot day in the sun 😉

Great idea. And that thermal spring water too! Thanks again @lmaster 

Yes @ShortErica I use the thermal spring water when I'm actually outside consistently in the heat to cool down. You're so welcome, hopefully they will come in handy this summer 💞

Empties - 2019

my weekly empties, everything was pretty nice

I'm so impressed by your masking routine. I'm lucky if I get through 3 a week. My goal is to eventually mask 5x a week. <333

The bubble tea mask is so cute @lmaster !

@CC3616 it was pretty nice too 😉

@lmaster Lots of great masks! I have been wanting to try that bliss peel! 

Best,
Rebecca

@RebeccaBT it's excellent, would definitely recommend trying it, thanks! 😊

My small collection of empties lol.  

E80C113C-0654-40B1-8BF1-21F35C4F4D9D.jpeg

@2manyperfumes  Please run to your nearest Sephora to restock on your Sol De Janiero Bum Bum items! Please and thank you Smiley Wink 

Best Wishes,

Janean

Lol thanks @JaneanBT 🥰😍 I have two left haaaa I buy them when I’m halfway through my first to never run out.  I’m completely addicted to them including the shower gel.  

SOL DE JANEIRO!!!!!giphy

2,450 Replies