Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Dull skin w/ makeup

Help! I am makeup and skincare obsessed and have a really robust skincare routine...but when I put makeup on my face looks GRAY and SUPER DULL in a matter of hours!? I use Dr. Jart Poreless BB cream and bareminerals (original foundation powder & mineral veil), plus blush and a bit of highlighter. Looks great when I leave for work in the morning but by midday when I check the mirror I look like death...What am I doing wrong!? 

Re: Dull skin w/ makeup

VitaminC is amazing, so fingers crossed - but i’d also consider it could be oxidation of your foundation tha’s making it look off... does it happen with ALL foundations, or just certain ones? You might have to do some sleuthing to figure out if there’s a chemistry issue hehind this. Also, just making sure you’re not looking in tbe bathroom mirror at work in LED or flourescent lights when you say it turns gray? Because bad lighting can def ruin a look!

Re: Dull skin w/ makeup

Do you have a vitamin C serum as part of your skincare routine? I've found that's really brightened up my skin! Are you exfoliating as well a few times a week? I know you said you're skincare obsessed, so you likely already are, but just thought I would check.

Have you tried Drunk Elephant B-Hydra™ Intensive Hydration Serum with Hyaluronic Acid 1.69 oz/ 50 mL

I use it morning and night (as well as a moisturizer, not instead of) and it really helps my skin remain hydrated throughout the day. Maybe your skin is just thirsty and is drinking your BB cream and then the powder is just sitting there?

Also - do you drink a lot of water in the mornings? It might just be as simple as being dehydrated.

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing