Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Dry skin! Help! :(

Hello, Was Wondering what you would recommend for a dry face? Everytime i wear makeup my face becomes so dry the next day 😓 I usually apply Smash box face primer, then my fenty beauty foundation and concealer. I don’t really know much about makeup either. I love wearing it so I’d like to know what i can use for dry peeling skin? its like theres flakes building up around my nose . hard to explain. Oh and how do ya’ll make your eyeshadow so pigmented ? What do you ya’ll use? Thanks for reading hope ya’ll can answer my questions 🥰

Re: Dry skin! Help! :(

@MariahKait @If your face feels dry it could be your skincare routine and makeup products not working with your skin type. Or you can try mixing Beauty oil into the foundation.  

for eyeshadow pigmentation you can try MAC prep and prime 24 hour eye base which applies clear so it shows the true color of the shadow 

Hi @MariahKait!

I have oily skin so I can't really help you much with that part but you can take some quizzes here to find the right products for your skin!

https://www.sephora.com/beauty/best-beauty-products

Having a great skincare routine is the first and most important part of your routine!  For dry skin, I recommend using a heavier moisturizing cream and face oils instead of a lightweight or gel one.  Also, when looking for skincare and makeup products on here, you can filter the reviews so you only see reviews from people with dry skin.

I do know about eyeshadows tho!  Some eyeshadow palettes are super pigmented while others are not.  In my opinion, good beginner palettes are ones that aren't super pigmented like the Too Faced Just Peachy Mattes Eyeshadow Palette – Peaches and Cream Collection.  It still has nice pigments that show up well but it's more buildable so you have more control over how much of the color you want on your lids.

Invest in a good eyeshadow brush set. If you want a starter set, you can check out the SEPHORA COLLECTION Ready To Roll Brush Set (face and eye brushes).  The bristles are nice and soft.  Another one is SEPHORA COLLECTION Eyes: Uncomplicated Brush Set but the bristles are a bit harsh.  Other great brands are MAC and Sigma.

When holding the brush, hold it at the very end instead of close to the brush head so you're not putting as much pressure on your lids.  The more pressure, the more likely you are to get wrinkles faster!  It also makes it easier to control the brush.

Use an eyeshadow primer like the Urban Decay Double Dose Eyeshadow Primer Potion to help keep eyeshadow in place.  Another option is concealer, I prefer to use one that is 2 shades lighter than my foundation color for a lighter colored base.  You can also set your lids by dusting a bit of setting powder onto your eyelids after primer or concealer.

My favorite palettes are the SEPHORA COLLECTION MOSCHINO + SEPHORA Laptop Palette and HUDA BEAUTY The New Nude Eyeshadow Palette.  The colors are super pigmented and beautiful!  I love experimenting with the colors.

RE: Re: Dry skin! Help! :(

Thank you so much for replying! I will try those options also❤️❤️

You probably want to layer in a moisturizer that is geared towards dry skin. 

I've heard great things about Drunk Elephant Lala Retro™ Nourishing Whipped Refillable Moisturizer 1.69 oz/ 50 mL and First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair® Cream Intense Hydration 

Another great option if you dont' mind more steps in your routine is a hydrating toner such as LANEIGE Mini Cream Skin Toner & Moisturizer 1.6 oz/ 50 mL or a hydrating serum like  The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 1 oz/ 30 mL 

RE: Re: Dry skin! Help! :(

Thank you so much!!! ❤️
1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing