Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Does anybody else’s eyes water after using setting powder?

Ok so I’ve been having this issue progressively after applying my setting powder where my eyes start watering. Then my makeup starts to wipe off and looks terrible. I’ve seen hacks like using Vaseline but that just settles in to my creases. Anybody have any suggestions?

Re: Does anybody else’s eyes water after using setting powder?

@abbyschmoyer This happened to me the other day before work and I think I know what happened. I normally set my under eye area with a triangle powder puff. I rub the excess off in the palm of my hand and then gently press the powder in the areas I need it. On the day when my eye would not stop watering I used a precision powder brush. I think the technique I used caused some of the excess powder to get in my eye. Lesson learned! 

Thank you so much for the advice! I stopped using my powder puff and tried using a dry beauty blender. I think that has been helping because it holds minimum product. But I’ll definitely look into a brush. 🫶🏻

@abbyschmoyer Same!! It never fails 😂😂 now for me personally i don’t think its because I’m allergic to the product, i just think me messing around my eyes and constantly patting around them while blending makes them water💀.

However, I did see a tiktok and some comments saying how the Huda beauty loose powder was causing their eyes to water (because it has fragrance in it) and when they switched loose powder’s it stopped. I’m not sure if you’re eyes water regardless of the powder you use or if you’ve only ever used the HUDA one, but if it’s the latter maybe try a different brand of powder. 

If you’re eyes water regardless, I’ve heard people say to * gently* put a q-tip in the corner of your eyes (or tissue) to absorb the water if you feel it starting to tear up. Also to be conscious of not tapping/blending directly on your waterline since it can trigger tears; and try a more gentle yet precise application when applying your powder. 

Hi! Thanks so much for the advice. I’ve only ever used the huda beauty so I’m not sure if it is just the loose powder or the fragrance. 

I have been using the q-tip method but it seems to make it worse. Do you have recommendations for another loose powder?

@abbyschmoyer Honestly i really like the Maybelline fit me loose and pressed powders. 

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing