Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|

Concealer Issues

Hi ladies, I was wondering if anyone had any tips/recommendations for applying/purchasing concealer. For day to day, I usually just wear liquid concealer under my eyes because my dark circles are bad. My problem is that it always seems to not cover them, and wears off pretty quickly even though I set it lightly with powder (hourglass). I've tried most of the recommended drugstore ones, so I'm looking to move to buying from Sephora.

Re: Concealer Issues

@KasC I find that the only concealer that will cover my dark circles on it's own is the Tarte Shape Tape. Otherwise, I usually need a color corrector. However, the Tatcha The Pearl Tinted Eye Illuminating Treatment Moonlightreally works as a 2-in-1 eye cream and corrector for me and lets me use less heavy concealer.

Concealer Issues

I think that you will find your best concealer by taking into consideration your skin undertone (pink, neutral or yellow) as well as your skin type (combination, dry, oily). Brands such as Nars and Fenty Beauty have a wide array of colors with many undertones available in various shades. Don't be afraid to ask for help! Also Nars has a few shades available in travel sizes wich is great when you want to try something without paying the full price.

RE: Concealer Issues

You could try from a point of colour correction. Pink/peach for light skin tones, orange/red for skin tones deeper than medium. You can use that as the undertone in your concealer (pulling a pink undertone as opposed to yellow or neutral, for example. Fenty has some good undertones), or get an actual colour corrector & layer concealer on top.
3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing