Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Makeup Is Life

Comparison: Eyeshadow Sticks

Anyone who has read a few of my posts knows that I've become a recent convert to eyeshadow sticks- and have amassed a decent-sized collection in those few months.

Here are some comparison swatches- feel free to add your own eyeshadow stick swatches!

Clinique Chubby Stick Intense for Eyes- No Flash (full collection)

Clinique Chubby Stick Intense for Eyes- Flash (Full collection)

Laura Mercier Caviar Sticks

Even though this isn't at Sephora, I have to add these lovelies:

Chanel Summer 2013 Stylo Eyeshadows (No flash)- Full Collection

Chanel Summer 2013 Stylo Eyeshadows (Flash)- Full Collection

Re: Comparison: Eyeshadow Sticks

You got me curious now, I've never used/tried the MUFE shadow sticks....interesting.

The MUFE and NARS sticks have a similar color range.  Although MUFE is the best for crazy colored cream shadows, I was bored by the sticks!

After your arm gets better be sure to do the restSmiley Wink

I want to get whopping willow clinique chubby stick for eyes so bad it looks really pretty!

I love Eyeshadow sticks!

I have yet to try the Clinique chubby sticks but it looks like they have an excellent color selection! I own Laura Mercier Rosegold and love it. It's a gorgeous color and very easy to apply. Next on my list is the Chanel one in Moon River - it looks gorgeous and I've read that these Chanel sticks have a cooling, refreshing effect on the eyelids!

@marinaanne147- They totally do have a cooling effect.  I totally snuck off to the bathroom at work the other day when I was super stressed out just for the mini gel pack effect.

Oooh! I could use a destresser! Now I REALLY have to bite the bullet. Have you tried the Bobbi Brown Cream Eyeshadow Sticks? I've heard that those are great too.

No, I haven't.

I'll be totally honest, I'm already loyal to the Laura Mercier sticks and couldn't find anything unique in comparison when I swatched the Bobbi Brown sticks in store.

WOW definitely going to look into some if these shades! So pretty & pigmented! 

I've got more swatches to do- my Urban Decay order showed up!

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eyeshadow Pencil:

Note: These colors aren't on Sephora's site anymore, but they are available from the sale section of the Urban Decay website. Hence why I'm starting out with these two.

Anybody like Stila's Smudge Crayons? Or are they more like a liner?

I broke down and bought one- but I've been using it as an oversized liner for my undereye area.

Highlighted

Where did you get these eyeshadows? They are sooo prettyyyyy I want i wantttt lol

Sephora carries both the full Clinique and Laura Mercier lines; the Chanel can be found at counters as part of the summer 2013 collection.

Thank you!! I am going on the search for Chanel one because the colors look absolutely amazing!

OK, I've got 3 more to show you.

Love kitten!

YAY! You got Morphine! I'm eyeing mushroom right now & it keeps going back and forth from my shopping list to shopping cart. 

LOL, I knew I'd end up with Mushroom.

What shocked me was the Stila victory over NARS and MUFE- I just don't like their pencils (or at least the testers). I also found the MUFE color selection meh at best.

I have the MUFE in 20E (pearly taupe) & really like it's staying power. I'm a huge fan of Stila Kitten, and your swatch is making me want to add it to my cart... forget the list! 

I have seen many posts promoting Stila Kitten, so I couldn't resist...

I picked up the UD in Mushroom today & LOVE it! It's such a nice shade. 

I stopped into Lord & Taylor before hitting up Sephora and swatched the Chanel sticks in Jade Shore & Pink Lagoon. I almost bought the Jade Shore on the spot, the color is gorgeous! Good thing I didn't. In Sephora I swatched a bunch of pencils (mainly UD, but a few MUFE too). Then when I washed my hands I had sparkles everywhere & the Chanel pencils completely disappeared, but the UD & MUFE didn't budge. When I went back to the Chanel counter & told the SA, she was shocked & said she wears them daily & they don't budge. She closed her eye & I saw big crease line. When I pointed it out to her, she didn't know what to say. I had a feeling they wouldn't last long; the only time I can get the illusion d'ombre to stay put is with a lot of primer, and shadow to set them. Even then they still move a bit. So sad too, the colors are so pretty! 

I use the NARS primer and 2-3 Iayers on the Chanel- and get 16-18 hours of wear, no creasing. 

really?!!?! Now you're tempting me.... 

So I'm trying to use more of my Vice palette & hid my nakeds... Mushroom is a nice base for purples. I layered it with rapture & think I found my new "go-to" look. 

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos10
  • cliniqueeyes_noflash.jpg
  • cliniqueeyes_flash.jpg
  • lauramercierswatch.jpg
  • chanel_noflash.jpg
  • chanel_flash.jpg
  • IMG_0008.jpg
  • UD_swatches.jpg
  • UD_Stila_flash.jpg
  • UD_Stila_NF.jpg