Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Makeup Is Life

Color IQ

So who has tried the color IQ in stores & on-line? 

http://www.sephora.com/IQ/color/

I heard people going into multiple stores & getting a different reading each time. 

I just tried the on-line tool with a light neutral undertone shade & all my results were medium with pink or yellow undertones. I also don't understand why I only get a few results and then try another foundation and get different product results. Like if I plugged in a tinted moisturizer shade I wouldn't get any powder product results even though that's what I'm looking for. 

Maybe if we post our results, they can somehow fix/improve it. 

So please... Share your results. 

Re: Color IQ

I got 1Y10, which ,interestingly enough, is the match I had using the online tool when I looked up my favorite pressed powder. I think it's accurate, because the other products I've used all fall under the 10 level shade, and I'm neutral toned leaning on yellow (if I had to choose warm or cool). I'm using Benefit's powder foundation, but I find that the liquid foundation in the same color might not match the powder too well. I think the system did do a good job of finding the correct skin tone, but I think the product recommendations can be really off. 

I think product recommendations might be harder to match because of ingredients. Some products with spf always have a white cast, even if it's barely visible to the naked eye. The camera sensor can probably pick up on these colors. It might make products that are look less yellow or red because the white cast from a sunblock would make the product seem more neutral. 

That's my theory.

I can't for the life of me remember the color IQ that I was in the store. However, I used the online tool to see what my results would be, and they were all different, but I guess mostly similar.

Here are the foundations I wear currently and how they match up on Color IQ:

MUFE Mat Velvet+ in #20 - 1R03

Hourglass Immaculate foundation in Vanilla - 2R03

Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour foundation in Fair Beige - 2Y02

Urban Decay Naked foundation in 1.0 - 1Y02

I guess I need to go back to the store and get matched by an SA. 

I thought the color iq tool would be helpful but diorskin nude bb cream in 001 matches my skin and so does bare minerals complexion rescue in opal and they have quite a gap in color iq numbers so I don't know how accurate color iq is

hi i was matched 1r07 or 1r06  what shade would i be in too faced born this way foundation ?ty

If that foundation doesn't come up on your color IQ matches it means that type of foundation doesn't have a good shade for you. It's kind of disappointing, but it's better not to buy a foundation even if it doesn't match you skin tone because you like the brand. I have the same problem😢

I did it online, and then bought a couple of the foundations that matched.  So far, so good. Both look great on me. 

i have gotten my color IQ done several times and every time the results are totally different. in general i think it helps to buy foundation that is 1y, 2y, 3y no matter what your undertones are because if you have pink undertones and any redness a bit of yellow in your foundation helps cover it. also if you are yellow undertoned, yellow works. yellow works for dark circles, etc. too. 

one sales associate told me not to take my makeup off and scanned me with it on?! how can she get the right color IQ number for me if i have make up on!! i think the whole thing is a bit tricky so i wipe my makeup off, get scanned and then get the range (which is usually too dark for me) and just guess from there. i test everything in the natural light and that helps me get the best match. 

My color iq in stores is 1y03, but I find my best foundations color matches are all between 3-5y03. In fact, every foundation I've ever loved and used consistently is in the 3-5y range. I do notice I tend to have a bit more redness in my face and much more yellow on my neck and body, but I was under the understanding that the camera took photos in the dark to only show true undertones. Any clue why this is? Could my face really just be that different from my neck, and I'm trying to match my neck/body?