Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Challenge of the Week! 2017/18

Hey Beauties! A couple years ago over on BT Classic, we did a weekly makeup challenge. It was a great way to shop your stash, try something new and different and meet some great people! Let's start it up again! 

The Rules: 

Spoiler
Each Week, (On Saturday) I will post a new makeup challenge for the week. It will range from Brand challenges, to types of looks, or new/old items. Each day you participate in the challenge, you can post a pic in this thread (add it to the gallery too! Why not!) and tell us about your look! If you have ideas for challenges, post that too! We can add it to the schedule. Most important rule: HAVE FUN WITH YOUR STASH! 

The Schedule:  (updated- 4/28)

Spoiler
Week 21 3/11-3/17: your signature look! Recreate it with different products from your collection. 
Week 22 3/18-3/24: imitation week! Recreate looks you love from social media! Post side by sides 
week 23 3/25-3/31: spring limited edition week: pull out all the spring limited edition products you have! 
week 24: April 1- April 7: Luxury Brand Week: Showcase your luxe brands
Week 25: April 8-14: Indi Brand Week
Week 26: April 15- 21: Coral Week! Show off those coral looks! 
Week 27: April 22-28: Bright Lips! 
Week 28: April 29-May 5: Full Glam Week! Show us how you glam! 
Week 29: May 6- May 12: First Love's week. All those first love items that hold a Percival place in your heart; wear them! 
Week 30: May 13- May 19: celebrity and influence collabs- if you have them, show them! 

The pink lip go really well with the purple eyeshadow @MS...

The pink lip go really well with the purple eyeshadow @MSena ! very pretty and dainty look, i love it.

@MSena you should definitely check out stila glitter & gl...

@MSena you should definitely check out stila glitter & glow liquid eyeshadow! theyre super pretty and very wearable.

Re: @MSena you should definitely check out stila glitter & gl...

@isamilicious ooh, I've got kitten karma, but I should look into others too 

Re: The pink lip go really well with the purple eyeshadow @MS...

@isamilicious Thank you 😄

Though I wish I had gorgeous purple/pink glitter like you had! 

Anonymous Insider

Re: Challenge of the Week! 2017

The packaging for the Shu + Murakami collection was so adorable @MSena!!!  Love the purple shadow on you!

@Anonymous Aww thank you 🙂 

And I agree. I passed on the Mario collab (even though it was also cute) but this one had to be mine 

Soo pretty @MSena! Love the purple eyeshadow! I never knew Murakami had a collab with Shu Uemura! 🙀 I love his artworks! 

@juliehnguyen It was this cuteness 😄  I have the pouch + palette + eye pencil. Those smiling flowers are adorable.  

Screen Shot 2018-01-03 at 5.30.35 PM.png

@MSena,

I LOVE the smiling flowers!  🙂

*squeeee* 💠💠💠

OHMYGOSH his iconic flower motif @MSena! How did I miss this release?! And, how are the wear-time and pigmentation of Shu Uemura makeup products? The only product I have purchased from them is their eyelash curler (which is my fave!). IMG_3381.GIF

@juliehnguyen I'm so sorry you missed this :(! I technically got the palette through this friend who knew I loved cute things, but I was so happy to get it. I returned for the pouch + pencil) 

Pigmentation is great but not even throughout! (by that, I mean some shades are packed with color, and others are good enough but not drool-worthy) 

I really like Shu Uemura lip products because they're glossy and hydrating, kinda like Dior Lip Glows but more pigmented! And I love love love the shu:palette. 

Aww your friend is so sweet @MSena! I just looked up the collab and I realized it was released in 2016. I wasn't a big makeup fan during that time. For me, it was all about skincare in 2016 (and even more in 2017). I'm just hoping they have a collab again some times in the future! 

Ooo I need to check out their lippies! I really like the Dior Addict line! 

@juliehnguyen I hope they do too because it was so adorable and fitting to the Shu image (personally)! 

I recently got Dior Tribale + Lucky; love how it doesn't dry and flake on my lips 😄 

That shade is pretty @MSena! I put myself on a no-buy for the Dior Addict lippies because I have way too many! Plus, they are very long-lasting so I really need to use them up before they all go bad. 

@juliehnguyen I'm curious to know how many 😄 

I'd love to have much as you someday 

I have over a dozen of them but most of them are the same shades @MSena! But seeing you ask this, I'm curious to know how many I have! Haha I need to count them when I get home! I had even more but I started adding it to everyone's Christmas/birthday gifts. I don't even know why I thought I needed to stock up on so many of them! But then again, I think it's because it was the first lip balm that didn't dry my lips out! I tried so many other brands and my lips either reacted with the balm or it just didn't do anything. 

@juliehnguyen Over a dozen 😄 That sounds heavenly.. 

But I totally get that, where I buy a million different lips... but they're all the same type of coral lol. 

I used Dior Lip Glow a lot when I was in college, then forgot about them momentarily because I was "venturing out." I bought the coral/pink duo pack on a whim one day at the airport and remembered how much I loved them! It's so nice you gave them to friends&family; I bet they loved it 🙂 

Smokey eyes for dinner with the family tonight.  We tried a new Restaurant, Persian, it was delicious! 

This is a Charlotte Tilbury quad, not sure the color but it has two plummy/browns a gold and a champagne shade in it. My first time using it, I like it but will have to see if it holds up. 

F5A2E8B6-34E2-4439-BDFB-371BDFA6C189.jpeg

Beautiful @sister13! You blend your eyeshadow so well! 

Thanks @juliehnguyen, I think it’s hot or miss, but this shadow did blend nicely!

4,458 Replies
testing