Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Challenge of the Week! 2017/18

Hey Beauties! A couple years ago over on BT Classic, we did a weekly makeup challenge. It was a great way to shop your stash, try something new and different and meet some great people! Let's start it up again! 

The Rules: 

Spoiler
Each Week, (On Saturday) I will post a new makeup challenge for the week. It will range from Brand challenges, to types of looks, or new/old items. Each day you participate in the challenge, you can post a pic in this thread (add it to the gallery too! Why not!) and tell us about your look! If you have ideas for challenges, post that too! We can add it to the schedule. Most important rule: HAVE FUN WITH YOUR STASH! 

The Schedule:  (updated- 4/28)

Spoiler
Week 21 3/11-3/17: your signature look! Recreate it with different products from your collection. 
Week 22 3/18-3/24: imitation week! Recreate looks you love from social media! Post side by sides 
week 23 3/25-3/31: spring limited edition week: pull out all the spring limited edition products you have! 
week 24: April 1- April 7: Luxury Brand Week: Showcase your luxe brands
Week 25: April 8-14: Indi Brand Week
Week 26: April 15- 21: Coral Week! Show off those coral looks! 
Week 27: April 22-28: Bright Lips! 
Week 28: April 29-May 5: Full Glam Week! Show us how you glam! 
Week 29: May 6- May 12: First Love's week. All those first love items that hold a Percival place in your heart; wear them! 
Week 30: May 13- May 19: celebrity and influence collabs- if you have them, show them! 

Re: Challenge of the Week! 2017

Oh, @sister13,

Please tell us what shades you used on your eyes!  

I ate a bunch of chocolate too, trying to use mask and drink a lot of water. Face broke out like a teenager something about wrinkles, bags and Acne just seems so unfair. 😵

Love the eyes 

Golly, @howconnie, you just described my life!   🙂

Exactly @howconnie, so unfair! 

Love omi on you @sister13. And that shadow is lovely! 

Thanks! Wasn’t sure how Omi it would turn out since it looks grayish pink, but turned out better than I expected on! @PrettyPaint

LOVEEEE your look @sister13. Now I think I want to break my no buy just to get this look 

Thanks @pinyo! I’m sure you can find similar items among your stash! 😉😉😉

@sister13 what did you use to get your eye look? 

@sister13. This looks so pretty! I don't think they are bad pics at all. I think you look soft and pretty!!💗

Thanks @yankeefaithful! 💕💕💕

I also used the Modern Renaissance palette today. I still struggle a bit with coming up with a nice coherent look with the beautiful berries and reds in this palette - they tend to end up looking purply or brown (eyeshadow colours within my comfort zone). This one is no exception; I did use Love Letter (my fav shade of the entire palette) but I had to tone it down because I had an external business meeting this morning. I'll try again later this week 😄

IMG_4059.jpg

@k617 I love this berry look!! The colors you used on your eyes and lips look perfect together ❤️❤️

Thank you, @katkapivarci! ❤️

@k617 That is so so gorgeous, I can never get that kind of look from Modern Ren, everything turns super warm (which is okay, but not all the time!). What's the lip, also a lovely choice 🙂 

Thank you @MissPuff! I use Buon Fresco whenever I want a cooler look. In this one, I used it for the mid and inner lid 🙂

The lipstick is Makeup Revolution's Life on the Dance Floor lipstick in Head Turner. The formula is amazing and so buttery (it feels like applying coconut oil to lips) and so comfortable... I'm a huge fan of that brand!

@k617 Oooh, good tip, I will have to try that. And the ULTA near me just started carrying Makeup Revolution, time to go hunting for that lippie! 

@k617,

I agree with the crowds posting below.   Love Letter looks stunning on you!  🙂

I would have never guessed you struggled, your eyeshadow looks seamless integrated into your look. So pretty @k617!

Omg, stunning! @k617 My modern ren today is crap compared to this! 😂😂😂

testing