Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Challenge of the Week! 2017/18

Hey Beauties! A couple years ago over on BT Classic, we did a weekly makeup challenge. It was a great way to shop your stash, try something new and different and meet some great people! Let's start it up again! 

The Rules: 

Spoiler
Each Week, (On Saturday) I will post a new makeup challenge for the week. It will range from Brand challenges, to types of looks, or new/old items. Each day you participate in the challenge, you can post a pic in this thread (add it to the gallery too! Why not!) and tell us about your look! If you have ideas for challenges, post that too! We can add it to the schedule. Most important rule: HAVE FUN WITH YOUR STASH! 

The Schedule:  (updated- 4/28)

Spoiler
Week 21 3/11-3/17: your signature look! Recreate it with different products from your collection. 
Week 22 3/18-3/24: imitation week! Recreate looks you love from social media! Post side by sides 
week 23 3/25-3/31: spring limited edition week: pull out all the spring limited edition products you have! 
week 24: April 1- April 7: Luxury Brand Week: Showcase your luxe brands
Week 25: April 8-14: Indi Brand Week
Week 26: April 15- 21: Coral Week! Show off those coral looks! 
Week 27: April 22-28: Bright Lips! 
Week 28: April 29-May 5: Full Glam Week! Show us how you glam! 
Week 29: May 6- May 12: First Love's week. All those first love items that hold a Percival place in your heart; wear them! 
Week 30: May 13- May 19: celebrity and influence collabs- if you have them, show them! 

Re: Challenge of the Week! 2017

Thanks @Tamara76! Heart I like Dolly too but seriously...this gloss is SO TINGLY! Maybe I'm just not used to these glosses? I used to avoid plumping lip gloss when I didn't know what I was reacting to (I suspected peppermint oil, but it was really Bite products) so I haven't used them for a long time, but this one...oh wow. I don't remember them being this cooling and tingly!

The cooling/tingling with the Buxom Lip Polishes usually wears off on me after a few minutes, @k617 - Hopefully, it's not a reaction! 😞

Understated and romantic 💕

Thank you, @JessyAnne! Heart

NO foundation and NO brushes today. Still honoring pink week since I liked that glass so much from yesterday.  My skin looks a bit pink, too, lol. I did use concealer for some fading blemishes and other redness and hyperpigmentation. 

No brushes, including my hair, as you can tell, lol. I just used my fingers or everything.  Brows were the hardest, I always brush them out, but I used the stila ink brow color. Snowy here today, here’s my little kitty eyeing the birds outside and generally supervising things around the house.

4F0C762E-791C-4523-844F-657AE14F3B87.jpeg6281B72B-B30F-43FD-9B48-39C760DA662C.jpeg0FA6F474-3129-4248-9A0E-75C00799518B.jpeg

@sister13 Wow! You have fantastic skin!

@sister13,

You are showing us that your skin is so lovely that you don't need foundation at all!

Or brushes!  🙂

Thanks! Well, basically, I’m in between breakouts, so I try to take advantage of the calm in between and the concealer worked for most of the fading red marks. I also do think the P50 1970 and the PIGM 400 acids are helping. I had some dry patches Saturday around my nose after using the 1970 in the morning, but seemed to have cleared it up by today. @tsavorite

@sister13 1. You look amazing. 2. Wow, no foundation AND no brushes?! You really knocked it out of the park!

Thanks @gonerogue

I always thought Laduree sold macarons! Lovely as always @sister13!

They do! But Les Merveilleuses de Laduree is connected, the most beautiful makeup line, sold in France and Asia, mostly, I think. @heartsmyface and some others here might know more and chime in. She helped me find the Tokyo locations.  I think they are actually made in Japan, maybe? But I’m too lazy to het up and look at a box!  @Aaliaa

No need to check the box @sister13. How interesting, I can see this styled product doing so well in East Asia.

Your Skin is so pretty 

Thanks @howconnie! 😊😊😊

What a great idea @sister13 i may have to give this a try 🤗

To be honest, I end up applying most of my makeup with my fingers anyway because I’m always rushing. @melissapurple22 

Anonymous Insider

Very pretty @sister13! You did a great job without brushes! 

What is that beautiful container next to the equally gorgeous Guerlain palette?

That is a face finishing powder from Les Merveilleuses Laduree. It applies with the puff, so I figured it didn’t break my no brush vibe. I bought it in Japan and it is a beautiful finishing powder.

Anonymous Insider

The packaging is gorgeous and it's great to hear that the powder is fab!

Oh man, I can’t believe I missed almost all of Pink week! Had a very rough week. Anyway, this was before the week got too crazy, on Monday. We had snow, too, I did a pretty simple look for running errands. 

Oh PS, I’m wearing. Sample of the new NARS radiant foundation in 2.5, which is I think, the pinkest of the lighter shades. I’m really liking the look of it. And it lasted well throughout the day on me.

PPS, looking at the items, it looks like I should have worn something more dressy, lol.

0E56C1F7-209F-4622-8298-BA9DD5C8D055.jpeg99670FB3-984E-4F2F-BA7D-CB2F70ED33FA.jpeg

15 Replies
testing