Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Challenge of the Week! 2017/18

Hey Beauties! A couple years ago over on BT Classic, we did a weekly makeup challenge. It was a great way to shop your stash, try something new and different and meet some great people! Let's start it up again! 

The Rules: 

Spoiler
Each Week, (On Saturday) I will post a new makeup challenge for the week. It will range from Brand challenges, to types of looks, or new/old items. Each day you participate in the challenge, you can post a pic in this thread (add it to the gallery too! Why not!) and tell us about your look! If you have ideas for challenges, post that too! We can add it to the schedule. Most important rule: HAVE FUN WITH YOUR STASH! 

The Schedule:  (updated- 4/28)

Spoiler
Week 21 3/11-3/17: your signature look! Recreate it with different products from your collection. 
Week 22 3/18-3/24: imitation week! Recreate looks you love from social media! Post side by sides 
week 23 3/25-3/31: spring limited edition week: pull out all the spring limited edition products you have! 
week 24: April 1- April 7: Luxury Brand Week: Showcase your luxe brands
Week 25: April 8-14: Indi Brand Week
Week 26: April 15- 21: Coral Week! Show off those coral looks! 
Week 27: April 22-28: Bright Lips! 
Week 28: April 29-May 5: Full Glam Week! Show us how you glam! 
Week 29: May 6- May 12: First Love's week. All those first love items that hold a Percival place in your heart; wear them! 
Week 30: May 13- May 19: celebrity and influence collabs- if you have them, show them! 

Re: Challenge of the Week! 2017

@tsavorite thanks so much!

You are *rocking* that purple liner! And that lipstick looks fabulous. 

@Susubee thank you!

Do I need any more makeup? Nope!Do I need any more makeup? Nope!

I totally forgot about these Tom Ford items: Emerald Lust quad, Moonlight highlighter duo, Flush blush (love love love) and almost forgot about Emma. I'm debating whether I should get the spanking new release TF eyeshadow singles even though I knew the answer is Nope I don't need any more makeup especially Tom Ford 😂 Have a good week everyone 😘

@blackkitty2014,

You wear Tom Ford so well!   Lovely look!  🙂

Anonymous Insider

Ooooh, all Tom Ford, @blackkitty2014!  Nicely done! 

You made it a tom ford day!!! I love it! I have Flush too and often forget about it! You look lovely! 

@blackkitty2014 you look lovely!!.. omg.. I have get my hands on that TF blush asap!

You haven't tried any TF blush @mezzotown88? You should go to the store and swatch them.  Flush was one of the first Tom Ford item i got and probably my favorite blusher of all time ;).  I havent tried the new formula but the old ones are excellent.

@blackkitty2014 no I haven't ...I think I'll go swatch the new TF blush/highlight duo( lavender lure) and the flush blush! 🙂 

My look today has quite a few forgotten things!

1. Hair - I haven't used a curling wand to do my hair in ages after finding that a flat iron is much faster. I got a hair cut at the end of October and the layers don't play nice with my flat iron though so I used a wand today. Much better results! Also used KMS California Curl Up spray to set the curls before finishing with Tresemme hair spray, which I also haven't used in awhile.

2. Eyes (although you can't tell in this photo, ha!) - Have not used this Hourglass Modernist eyeshadow palette in Exposure in ages. I has one of my favourite matte purple shadows.

3. Lips - KVD Wolvesmouth. I'm pretty sure that even though I got this lipstick ages ago, I've never used it...because as a lipstick hoarder, I'm ridiculous like that.

4. Dress I haven't worn in years! The lining always stretches out and looks ridiculous, so yesterday I finally tacked it in place and steamed it out to wear today.

IMG_3156.jpg

@k617,

This is a beautiful look on you!  Four Forgotten Things!  Yay !  🙂

Extra points @k617! Hair and outfit! Bravo! You look great! Love that lip. 

Anonymous Insider

So pretty, @k617.  I love your hair and that lippie is just gorgeous on you! 

As for "I've never used it...because as a lipstick hoarder, I'm ridiculous like that" - not ridiculous at all in my mind! LOL. I suspect there may be a few here who would agree. -P

Thanks @Anonymous! I can never keep track of what I've used and haven't anymore. I swatch everything as soon as I get them, but quite often I'll forget whether the sign of use is just from swatching or actual use... so bad!

No doubt!  I held three shades of lipstick up to pick for Thanksgiving and my Mum was like "Um...they all look identical".  I looked at them and saw three distinct shades of lipstick and couldn't understand why she couldn't. 🙂

Anonymous Insider

Oh goodness, yes, @ChristineR07; I can relate.  It's like they don't see the difference in shade or tone.  Sigh.  Whenever it happens, I just come on here, where I'm better understood when it comes to these things.  LOL!

11/21/17

Loves-

Makeup: Becca Ever Matte primer, Too Faced Peach foundation, Hourglass bronzer, MAC Melba blush, Tarte Rainforest of the Sea highlight palette, Violet Voss x Laura Lee palette, Too Faced Glitter Glue, Eco Soul Glam Eyes in #1, Stila Liquid liner, Urban Decay All Nighter Setting spray, L’oreal Lash Paradise mascara, Anastasia BH lip primer, Kylie Cosmetics Exposed lip liner.

Hair: Bumble and Bumble Thickening spray, Oribe Hairspray, Prada Candy hair mist ❤️

7EFBB505-DEB7-4C31-B502-C251B3383283.jpeg

@gonerogue,

A Lovely look!  I think that I should get the Too Faced Peach Foundation!  

You have convinced me.  It looks so good on you!  🙂

Anonymous Insider

Pretty, @gonerogue!

Beautiful look @gonerogue! I am hearing so many good things about the Too Faced peach foundation. Is it LE or is it here forever? 

3 Replies
testing