Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Challenge of the Week! 2017/18

Hey Beauties! A couple years ago over on BT Classic, we did a weekly makeup challenge. It was a great way to shop your stash, try something new and different and meet some great people! Let's start it up again! 

The Rules: 

Spoiler
Each Week, (On Saturday) I will post a new makeup challenge for the week. It will range from Brand challenges, to types of looks, or new/old items. Each day you participate in the challenge, you can post a pic in this thread (add it to the gallery too! Why not!) and tell us about your look! If you have ideas for challenges, post that too! We can add it to the schedule. Most important rule: HAVE FUN WITH YOUR STASH! 

The Schedule:  (updated- 4/28)

Spoiler
Week 21 3/11-3/17: your signature look! Recreate it with different products from your collection. 
Week 22 3/18-3/24: imitation week! Recreate looks you love from social media! Post side by sides 
week 23 3/25-3/31: spring limited edition week: pull out all the spring limited edition products you have! 
week 24: April 1- April 7: Luxury Brand Week: Showcase your luxe brands
Week 25: April 8-14: Indi Brand Week
Week 26: April 15- 21: Coral Week! Show off those coral looks! 
Week 27: April 22-28: Bright Lips! 
Week 28: April 29-May 5: Full Glam Week! Show us how you glam! 
Week 29: May 6- May 12: First Love's week. All those first love items that hold a Percival place in your heart; wear them! 
Week 30: May 13- May 19: celebrity and influence collabs- if you have them, show them! 

Re: Challenge of the Week! 2017

I’m pretty sure it’s not LE and I hope it isn’t because the transfer resistant thing is working so well with not staining my work clothes 😬

Anonymous Insider

Ohhhh, transfer resistant, @gonerogue?  I love the Too Faced Born This Way foundation so I may need to look into this, though I wonder if it the matte formula would be too much for my combo-dry skin.  Hmmm....

@Anonymous Yes! Transfer resistant! It's become my go-to workday foundation. Not sure how it would work on combo skin but I have oily skin and it works great for me. Wouldn't hurt to get a sample in store and try it out? 🙂

RE: Challenge of the Week! 2017

I went back to old Loves today; Tom Ford Honeymoon, Viseart Neutral Mattes Palette and Charlotte Tilbury Rock n Kohl- Barbarella Brown. These two palettes could be the only ones I️ own (of I️ wasn’t a collector). The look is perfect every time. Barbarella Brown is the only eyeliner I️ need for everyday. It’s basically all I️ use for work. Eyes: Honeymoon & Neutral Mattes Cheeks: Chanel Burnt Coral & burberry Rose Gold Highlighter Lips: Tom Ford Lips and Boys- Drake (another love)

Re: RE: Challenge of the Week! 2017

@mrsbaine,

So lovely!  I can see why you love these!  🙂

beautiful look as always @mrsbaine !

Thank you @Kim888!!!

Anonymous Insider

You look lovely, @mrsbaine!  The Viseart and Tom Ford palettes are beautiful!  Your eyeliner always looks amazing - I will have to take a look at Barbarella Brown.

Thank you @Anonymous! This liner is awesome! Everything gets compared to it. Shockingly, the only thing that comes close is Sephora Collection 24hr Kohl liner.  Goes on similarly, but the brown is not this dark. 

Lovely look!  That is a great lipstick on you!

11/19/17- yesterday's look

Things I LOVE: Laura Mercier Flawless Fusion foundation in Vanilla, Too Faced Peach palette, Stila Glitter and Glow in Kitten Karma, Kylie Cosmetics Black Eyeliner, Marc Jacobs Highliner, Anastasia Beverly Hills liquid lipstick in Naked, Anastasia Beverly Hills x Nicole Guerriero palette, Too Faced Baby Love blush, Marc Jacobs Coconut Bronzer, Sephora x Tinkerbell lashes, Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in Blonde

IMG_0472.jpg

@gonerogue,

Pretty look on you!   Such flirty lashes!   🙂

Thank you @tsavorite 🤓

Anonymous Insider

Those lashes look amazing on you, @gonerogue!

Thank you! @Anonymous

@gonerogue I love everything about this look! Love the lip color and lashes!

@PrettyPaint Thank you! These are my all time favorite lashes! Glad I stocked up on them before they went OOS 🙂

Today’s LE is Anastasia Beverly Hills Mario palette. I love the bronze/warm colors so this one is very loved by me! Other makeup: Cheeks- Tarte Paaarty blush (bday gift from Sephora) Burberry rose gold highlighter Lips: Tom Ford Casablanca

Beautiful! I haven’t used my Mario palette in awhile now that I think about it...

@mrsbaine Lovely as always! I feel like the mario palette is on so many people's regrets lists!!! 

Stilll regret not getting this palette! Beautiful @mrsbaine

1 Reply
testing