Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Challenge of the Week! 2017/18

Hey Beauties! A couple years ago over on BT Classic, we did a weekly makeup challenge. It was a great way to shop your stash, try something new and different and meet some great people! Let's start it up again! 

The Rules: 

Spoiler
Each Week, (On Saturday) I will post a new makeup challenge for the week. It will range from Brand challenges, to types of looks, or new/old items. Each day you participate in the challenge, you can post a pic in this thread (add it to the gallery too! Why not!) and tell us about your look! If you have ideas for challenges, post that too! We can add it to the schedule. Most important rule: HAVE FUN WITH YOUR STASH! 

The Schedule:  (updated- 4/28)

Spoiler
Week 21 3/11-3/17: your signature look! Recreate it with different products from your collection. 
Week 22 3/18-3/24: imitation week! Recreate looks you love from social media! Post side by sides 
week 23 3/25-3/31: spring limited edition week: pull out all the spring limited edition products you have! 
week 24: April 1- April 7: Luxury Brand Week: Showcase your luxe brands
Week 25: April 8-14: Indi Brand Week
Week 26: April 15- 21: Coral Week! Show off those coral looks! 
Week 27: April 22-28: Bright Lips! 
Week 28: April 29-May 5: Full Glam Week! Show us how you glam! 
Week 29: May 6- May 12: First Love's week. All those first love items that hold a Percival place in your heart; wear them! 
Week 30: May 13- May 19: celebrity and influence collabs- if you have them, show them! 

Re: RE: Challenge of the Week! 2017

This was a good one @sister13. I wasn't sure if I "really" wanted it, but I had lost a LE item right before this and decided to get now and decide later; glad I did. 

The Mario shadows look so lovely on you @mrsbaine. I don’t use this palette enough because I’m afraid of using it up! 

Thank you! And I can totally understand. It's beautiful. I think the colors go so well together. 

Re: Challenge of the Week! 2017

Taking a shot at the lower end of the spectrum, my palette of choice was the LE NYX In Your Element Water palette. I ordered this on sale recently and was absolutely floored by the formula; creamy, smooth, pigmented, easy to blend. Outstanding! I wish I had known I'd love it...I would have grabbed one or two more, but sadly they are now gone from Ulta's site, and the few left at my store are opened, swatched, AND back to full price 😕

Blush is from the Tarte holiday palette, the 4 pan one...dunno if the shades themselves are LE, but the palette is, so I call it good enough lol.

Lips aren't LE...heck, this isn't even the lipstick I wore earlier today...didn't even think to take a pic until just now, and have been playing around with other stuff this evening lol. UD Big Bang liquid topped with Fenty Sci-Fly

IMG_20171114_232816431.jpg

IMG_20171114_232703194.jpg

I recall hearing lots about the NYX LE Palettes when they came out. There was an earth one too I think? Very nice! Love the blush color too!  

@mrsbaine

Thanks so much! ☺️

There were six palettes in the set, and they were way overpriced at $29.99 imho (considering NYX palettes of this size are normally $17.99ish), so I pretty well ignored em til they went half off. Now I kinda regret that lol.

Earth, fire, water, wind, air, and metals, I think?

That looks so good on you

@howconnie

Thanks so much ☺️

@RGbrown,

Aha!  So that's the Water Element Palette! I'm glad that you were able to get it!  🙂

@tsavorite

Thanks so much! I am enjoying it way more than I expected lol 😄

Here’s my limited edition look Colorpop glitter palette in the inner corner, UD Alice palette, and Fenty galaxy gloss

A8B1FD2B-A23F-4187-97A6-71274D425A2A.jpeg

The lip gloss is so pretty! I thought it would be more sparkly and it looks actually wearable. 

Thanks, it’s very wearable, comfortable and lasts pretty good for a gloss. 

@howconnie,

Nice look!  I really like the Fenty Galaxy Gloss on you!  🙂

Thanks

Anonymous Insider

Nice limited edition look, @howconnie!  And that Fenty gloss looks fab!

Thanks, Fenty lip products have become a big favorite of mine

RE: Challenge of the Week! 2017

Soooo excuse the Darth Vader onesie, I didn’t feel like getting dressed yet! I’m gonna cheat a little and post a Natasha Denona look as my fiancé just got me the sunset palette yesterday as an early birthday gift. 😂 Sooo I’m wearing the Sunset Palette, playing with the combo of the Kevin Aucoin Etherealist Foundation and the J.One Jelly Pack, wearing a colourpop cream highlighter underneath Danessa Myricks Angel Wings, annnnd Smashbox Brains n Bronze.

@IttyxBittyxMe That highlight looks stunning on you!

RE: Re: RE: Challenge of the Week! 2017

Thank you! ❤️ It’s one of my favorites!

That looks so gorgeous on you @IttyxBittyxMe

6 Replies
testing