Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Break the bank beauty $$

Just for fun 🙂 What's the most expensive makeup/beauty item you've ever bought? And why did you decide to shell out the big bucks for it?

Re: Break the bank beauty $$

Hmmmm, I am certain that once I post an answer i’m going to find something that was pricier, but I think makeupwise, it was the TooFaced (no so) Little Black Book of Bronzers.  All full sized.  I bought it when I first started going nuts with makeup purchases and thought it was a better value to buy ALL the bronzer varieties than to buy all the singles separately.  Do I use it?  Not really.  It’s soooo big and bulky it just sits around being a conversation piece.  

Skincarewise, it would have to be the Tria hair removal laser.   I’m sure it would have worked if I weren’t so lazy and if it didn’t take so long to go over the entirety of my legs with it’s one centimètre laser screen.  Meh.  It was a fun science experiment

332B8517-8CA4-4115-99E6-340A088E0327.jpeg

My Clairsonic Mia for sure! $240CDN!

Makeup wise though? 
Probably my custom MAC 12 Shadow pallet. I built that one over a year though. 

My Huda Beauty Desert Dusk is my most recent splurge. $95CDN
Still haven't used it though! Eeeeep...

RE: Re: Break the bank beauty $$

@LadyDanger88 I honestly had no idea how big a mark up skincare and makeup is in Canada!

Vintner's Daughter ($185) and Molton Brown Advent Calendar ($250), which is technically not just one item I guess.

Luckily for me, I am not attracted to ND or PmG color combinations, and palettes that have more than 12 shades give me anxiety, but I can easily spend $45 on a single shadow or $85 on a quad. 

I built a custom 15-pan eyeshadow palette this summer. I got a few gift cards for my birthday and bought some Makeup Geek, MAC and ABH single pan eyeshadows to create my perfect palette. It wasn't cheap - but I LOVE it and it's one of a kind. 

Second most expensive was my Foreo - absolutely worth it. 

@bd613  That's fantastic! I was thinking of doing something similar this year... what palette base did you use?

If you are only using MAC shadows the MAC palette is great (especially its price) but the polarity is opposite to all other brands meaning that a Stilla or Makeup Geek shadow doesn't stick. I ended up returning my MAC palette as half of mine had magnets stuck to the back which meant they no longer worked in a MAC palette! 🤦🏽‍♀️

I bough the MAC pro palette large ($10 Canadian) with the 15 pan insert which was $4. Worked well for me so far!

The most expensive product I bought was the tart holiday...

The most expensive product I bought was the tart holiday lip paints and glosses. They just looked so pretty. Thats why I got them. lol

Electronics: Clarisonic

Makeup: Huda Beauty Desert Dusk Palette

Skincare: PTR Eye Cream, DE C-Firma and Kate Somerville Quench Oil Free Serum

Hair: Briogeo Charcoal Shampoo

RE: Break the bank beauty $$

My Clarisonic and the KVD Lip Liner Obsession Collection! Both worth it. 💜IG: i.am.the.rabbit

Most expensive set I bought (and didn't return) was a UD brush set. Most expensive single item I have bought was the KVD Metal Matte palette.

I just got back into makeup and from November to December last year became a Rouge in about 1.5 months 😂. What can I say? I had to restock an entire collection.

I had a moment of weakness over the holidays and and went full Perricone: the Neuropeptide facial Conformer, H2 Elemental Energy Cloud Cream, and Cold Plasma Eye cream. I did NOT pay full price here on Sephora, but it was still very expensive for me personally! By far the priciest items I have splurged on. I’m just so into skincare at the moment I couldn’t resist 😑😑😑

Drunk elephant set. I got the Little’s set, come c me set, and the the holiday set. I’m a skincare junkie.

My Clarisonic. It has absolutely been worth it though. It’s gentle enough that my very reactive skin doesn’t fuss and yet it removes everything. And now that there’s a foundation brush it’s even better! 

For me it was the Power Couple set

by Sunday Riley $110cdn. I’ve really been needing help with my texture, acne scaring and fine lines and so far I’m really happy with the products, though I’d like to find a replacement for Luna because I don’t love that it contains colouring (green and purple dye) and I can’t find out how much Retinol it contains. 

Check out Jordan Samuel Etoile oil with retinol. I haven't tried it personally, but heard great things. It's much more affordable too.

PTR Night Fusion is what I switched to for the same reaso...

PTR Night Fusion is what I switched to for the same reason. It doesn't have the oil aspect in it, just retinol.
Anonymous Insider

Burberry Fresh Glow Fluid Luminous Base. 

I've bought it twice now. I went through two deluxe samples and probably six foils before I admitted to myself that I was willing to spend the money on it. I'm so glad I have. I love the product and the packaging. 

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos6
  • 65754D00-634C-4978-B0BB-DD3B3D7B1179.jpeg
  • smplhmn.png
  • 0D561846-AD65-4E45-AF93-0B76065B35A1.jpeg
  • 4B6C8AEF-0D29-4422-AD79-115937754DBB.jpeg
  • IMG_7935.jpg
  • 332B8517-8CA4-4115-99E6-340A088E0327.jpeg
testing