Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life

Best primer for all day makeup

I have a wedding this weekend that's like 12 hours what would you suggest for a long lasting primer I have a few already but don't usually last that long. I will also be using UD setting spray and laura mercier photo foundation.
Anonymous Insider

RE: Best primer for all day makeup

I just got the Korres Golden Krocus Elixer after receiving a sample in my Play! box and I love it as a primer. I just use the tiniest amount like less than one drop. Waaay less than I would normally use for primers. It has a lot of alcohol in it which some people may not like but it makes my skin so soft and keeps my foundation matte. It is pricey but you can get a sample. Best mattifying product ever in my opinion and it smells lovely. I compared putting the serum on one half of my face and not the other before applying foundation. The serum side made my pores less visible and I had less makeup in my pores on the serum side after my initial swipe with cleansing oil at the end of the day. It might be too drying for some people though so just use a little bit if you try it. I also like UD Urban Defense [clear gel 30spf] and Hourglass Mineral Veil. Those should be good for all skin types.

RE: Best primer for all day makeup

I have a few samples of the hourglass I think I'm gonna test it out tomorrow see how it wears !

Go with the Gurlain primer. I live in around 80-98 F degr...

Go with the Gurlain primer. I live in around 80-98 F degree year round. I have used that primer on top of my foundation for going out all night this summer. Honestly, I didn't even sweat. My make-up looked flawless by the end of the day.

Btw, you can get the sample size Sephora is giving instea...

Btw, you can get the sample size Sephora is giving instead of buying the whole thing. it's less expensive, and you can try it out beforehand.

RE: Btw, you can get the sample size Sephora is giving instea...

The gold one totally just got the sample haha

Re: Best primer for all day makeup

My favorite primer right now is the First light filter primer by Becca. I have oily/combo skin so my make up tends to break apart very easily on my nose and a little big on my forehead. I feel that since I have been using this primer that my makeup stays a lot better. It's also very light, hydrating, and give a brighter look to your skin. 

RE: Re: Best primer for all day makeup

I have tried that one it's the purple one right? I really liked it too
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing