Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Best discovery of the last 6 months?

I always like hearing of other people’s product successes, so I thought I’d ask: What has been your best beauty product discovery of the last 6 months? 

Mine has been BECCA - Anti-Fatigue Under Eye Primer:A2495B22-105E-468D-A379-5BB52B80C29E.jpegUpon first application, I honestly thought it had done nothing. I shrugged, continued on with my usual morning makeup routine, and went about my day. Later in the day, however, I did a double take when I looked in a mirror and saw how improved my under eye area looked! After a couple weeks of daily use, a coworker even commented that I looked younger. Who doesn’t want to hear that once in a while 😁

Re: Best discovery of the last 6 months?

@alexasteph  Okay, sold!! 😃 A sunscreen that doubles as a primer is right up my alley. I’m all over multi-tasking products!! 

@PinkEvergreen I’ve used a few other SPF printers and they just feel like sunscreen to me. Since I wear SPF and primer everyday this is perfect! 

My best discovery in the last 6 months (too bad it took me so long to discover this!!) is using warm, filtered water with my facial cleansing cloths.  What a game changer for me!  I wash my face in the morning with a jelly cleanser and instead of splashing water to wash it off, I soak a thin cleansing cloth in a small bowl of warm, filtered drinking water (my apartment comes with monthly water jug deliveries and a hot/cold water dispenser) and use that to wipe the cleanser off my face.  It wakes me up in a pleasant way and leaves my skin feeling amazing.  Added benefit of gentle physical exfoliation as well, getting all the dead skin off and allowing my skin to better absorb all the skincare that follows.  I do the same thing in my evening skincare routine, using the warm water and wash cloth to remove the cleansing oil and all the gunk that it moved around.  If you haven't tried this method of cleansing, I highly recommend!

distilled-water-vs-filtered-water.jpg12x12-Ultra-Fluffy-White-Facial-Cloth-Stack__41091.1550259113.png

@angelKiss24 What a great idea! I have to try this.

Best,
Rebecca

@angelKiss24  Great tip!! I’m definitely there with you on the warm water. It really does make all the difference!

@PinkEvergreen, it's especially great on a cold morning 🙂

I came for the pic of the flannels!  I've recently started using them to rinse off my cleanser and it makes such a difference! I feel like I'm able to get everything off, exfoliate a bit and use less water.  Win win in my book @angelKiss24 I'm trying to switch to microfiber ones because I've heard they're better for the skin (less tugging) but I hate the feel of them.

@michelleshops @elthom, I'm a fan of cotton ones too.  The microfiber ones I've tried haven't felt as good on my skin as 100% cotton.

@michelleshops I've tried microfibre cloths too and also don't like them. In the end I think that the soft cotton ones are better. With the microfibre ones I find myself pushing harder on my face because they feel as if they aren't doing anything. With the cotton ones and a gentle touch I feel that the little fibres on the facecloth is doing a better job of exfoliating.

My favorite new product is the Invisibobble Strong Hold Hair Ring @PinkEvergreen . 

I have thick wavy hair that no barrette holds long term. Once the Invisibobble is in place it will not move. I do not have to adjust my hair once I have finished putting in in a ponytail. I hope Sephora will start to carry additional products from Invisibobble.

@Loretta55  Nice! I’m glad it works for you 😊

I’ve always wanted to try it but I have very fine hair. Do you think it would work for that? I’ve always considered it a product intended for people with thicker hair types. 

I gave an Invisibobble to a coworker the other day who has finer hair than mine and she was very pleased with it @PinkEvergreen . Invisibobble makes a few different versions of their products so perhaps one of their products may work for your hair type.

Hi @PinkEvergreen ,

My best beauty discoveries of the last 6 months are Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant Refillable Exfoliator 2.6 oz/ 74g the  BAREMINERALS - BarePRO™ Performance Wear Liquid Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 20 and MARC JACOBS BEAUTY - Poutliner Longwear Lip Liner Pencil - Nude(ist) 300.

I had been on the hunt for a new foundation for quite some time, and finally settled on the Bareminerals. It's exactly what I was looking for in terms of coverage and SPF, and I love how comfortable it feels on my skin. 🙂 The Marc Jacobs lip liner is also the perfect nude lip liner and it's super long lasting! I have worn it almost daily ever since I picked it up. 

Best,

Laurie

@LaurieBT  Glad to hear you found some keepers! 😊 What do you like about the Dermalogica exfoliator?

I’m particularly interested to hear about that one because I have very sensitive skin and can only exfoliate 2-3 times weekly, maximum, and only with the gentlest exfoliators. After going through many products, I’m currently using and liking:

Laura Mercier Flawless Skin Face Polish 3.4 oz/ 100 mL

@PinkEvergreen ,

The Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant Exfoliator could be a great option because it's very gentle, and still effective in brightening/smoothing the skin. Once you mix it into wet hands, it transforms into a creamy paste and it's not too gritty like other exfoliating products. I use it once per day (usually in the AM) and I've been loving it. I haven't tried the Laura Mercier face polish yet but it definitely looks like one I would try out next. 🙂

@PinkEvergreenUnidentified@PinkEvergreen, I have been loving and using my ILIA Color Haze Multi-Use Pigment Singable to reapply. But, I actually loved using it as a blush more because it stays on, does not appear shiny or dry, does not enhance texture.  

@loveyall  That sounds awesome! I used to ignore cream and gel blushes, but now they’re all I use because I find them so flattering for my skin.

It sounds like you’ve found your perfect match with this ILIA multi-use pigment! Do you use it as lip gloss as well? 

@PinkEvergreen , it is not glossy or shiney enough to be a gloss; but, it does work as a good lip color.  The feel is comfortable and dries do w to a semi matte

There is transfer but no bleeding.  I love it.  The color is not as bright on my.lips as it is a blush.  What cream blushes do you use and love?

@loveyall  Hmm, that sounds good! I hope it shows up in my BoxyCharm one day lol 😊

Right now I have two go-to cream blushes that I use regularly, which I happened to post about yesterday in this thread: ColourPop Super Shock Blush and Natasha Denona’s Diamond & Blush palettes. 

Before that, I used NARS - Liquid Blush but I found it a bit of a pain to apply. It dispenses way too much per pump, and really needs a lot of blending, in my opinion. Plus it got clogged and the container was not travel friendly (bulky and leaky). 

I live in a hot climate, so eye makeup has always been a challenge since most products tend to melt, smear, and/or disappear as soon as I spend any time outdoors. But, I've been finding that Glossier's eyeliner is amazing since it's the only pencil eyeliner I've tried that lasts (and trust me--I've tried more than a half dozen pencil eyeliners from Sephora over the years and thought I would always need liquid liner in the summer months). Also, Urban Decay Cannonball Ultra Waterproof Mascara Black is perfect for hot weather. 

Also, I'm loving MILK MAKEUP - KUSH Lip Balm especially since there are now different colors available. 

@txcatx  Oh and I love Milk products so I’ll keep an eye out for the lip balm you recommended. So glad they’re coming out with more colours! I’m currently obsessed with:

FRESH - Sugar Advanced Therapy Lip Treatment - Dream

A little goes a long way with that one, so it may be a long time before I can justify purchasing a new tinted lip balm. But hey... it IS summer now, so maybe I’ll forget it in a warm car and have an excuse 😁

P.S. The product link only shows the plain version of the Fresh lip balm. I have shade Dream and it is the most beautiful, natural pink. The container is also customized with pink lettering, which I also adore: 2D9160AD-7411-4C9D-8167-FBD3F622461E.jpeg

452 Replies
testing