Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Makeup Is Life

Best discovery of the last 6 months?

I always like hearing of other people’s product successes, so I thought I’d ask: What has been your best beauty product discovery of the last 6 months? 

Mine has been BECCA - Anti-Fatigue Under Eye Primer:A2495B22-105E-468D-A379-5BB52B80C29E.jpegUpon first application, I honestly thought it had done nothing. I shrugged, continued on with my usual morning makeup routine, and went about my day. Later in the day, however, I did a double take when I looked in a mirror and saw how improved my under eye area looked! After a couple weeks of daily use, a coworker even commented that I looked younger. Who doesn’t want to hear that once in a while 😁

Re: Best discovery of the last 6 months?

@txcatx 

I have noticed it goes oos at Ulta a lot; I've had it on my loves list there for eternity and it's kinda fun to watch it lol, but now it says "no longer available" there instead of just oos. I did find it on UDs site, but it's like they don't want anyone to know they still have it since it doesn't show up while just browsing...you have to search for it. Sorry for the mild panic I was feeling for you over it 😋 Though I still might not be surprised if it just quietly disappears now that they've come out with a new waterproof one. 

@RGbrown I appreciate the heads up, though. I might stock up on a couple of tubes after I'm eventually over being mad at Sephora for never sending me targeted 20% off coupons. It just might take a week or two, ha. 

Actually, I've found that WANDER BEAUTY - Mile High Club Mascara has been working for me in the heat, too, and it's not even a waterproof mascara, which is surprising to me.

@txcatx  That’s the first time I’ve seen that Wander mascara! I must really be behind the times lol 😂 

Many of my new loves have been found in the last 6 months. 2 in particular: 

OLAPLEX - Olaplex Hair Perfector No. 3

Also

CHRISTOPHE ROBIN - Regenerating Mask with Rare Prickly Pear Seed Oil

@PinkEvergreen 

There are many more in the world of skincare and makeup.

@l8totheparty  I have a deluxe sample of the Christophe Prickly Pear — I’ve got to pull it out and try it on a day when my hair is feeling particularly sun-fried 😊

Yes!  Beware the smell.  I dislike it, but I do not let that affect my A+ rating.  The results, to me, speak for themselves. 

@PinkEvergreen 

It is a unique smell, that prickly pear.

@l8totheparty   Haha, I’ve been warned!! 😁 Thank you!

I have a new go-to blush that I’ve been really enjoying the last couple months. Normally I use my NATASHA DENONA - Diamond & Blush Palette for all my blush needs, but recently I wanted to try something new and more portable. (The Diamond & Blush palettes are huge and heavy.) I ended up trying a ColourPop Super Shock Blush in the shade Tuned In:

7B2A6A4C-E293-40C7-A93A-3061FD05417B.jpeg

I’m so impressed! First off, it’s a perfect match for my skin tone. I love how gradual the build-up is, for those days that I only want a light wash of natural colour. Next, I find it completely non-oily, even though it’s technically a cream blush. It doesn’t highlight any skin imperfections, it doesn’t cause my acne-prone skin to break out, and it plays well with my foundation and other regular makeup products. 

I love how light and compact the packaging is. I can carry it in my purse with zero worries. And, as we expect from ColourPop, it is super-affordable (US$8.00). 

I was really happy when ColourPop came to Sephora in 2017, and then was sad to see them go so soon. I hope they do come back in the near future because I really want to discover more of their product line. 

@PinkEvergreen   Thanks for posting this- I think I need it!

@Ispend2much6  My pleasure ☺️ I hope you enjoy it!

@PinkEvergreen Great find! I will have to try this. Thanks for sharing Smiley Happy

Best,
Rebecca

My new found HG product is ALTERNA HAIRCARE - Bamboo Smooth Kendi Oil Dry Oil Mist.  I have fine hair with a lot of frizz and fly aways.  I can't believe how well this works without weighing your hair down.  I swear it's magic!  Smiley Wink

@mrsmouse  My bathroom is filled with Alterna Haircare products, and I’ve had my eye on this one, too! 😊  What is the fragrance like? I love the fragrance of VERB - Ghost Oil™ but I really dislike the fragrance of MOROCCANOIL - Moroccanoil Treatment. It stays very present and gives me a headache. 

I'll be honest @PinkEvergreen , the smell is a bit strong at first, but it seems to dissipate after a bit.  It's a woody scent, reminds me a little bit of sandalwood, but I don't think that's quite it.  Fragrance wise I think it fits along the lines of their other products that I have tried.  I use a thicker oil for the bottom half of my hair and put that in while my hair is still wet.  Then after my hair dries I spray this kind of all over, run my fingers through it & either go or straight iron my hair.  I thought for sure it would weigh my hair down or at least make me have to wash it more often, but nope.  I super love this stuff.  I hope it works for you too!  Smiley Happy

@mrsmouse  Thanks for all the info! I’ll put it on my list to try 😊

ooooo I'll have to try this!! @mrsmouse

ooooo I'll have to try this!! @mrsmouse

Re: ooooo I'll have to try this!! @mrsmouse

I hope it works for you too, @lmaster !  Smiley Happy

I just bought it last night on Ulta web @mrsmouse can't wait to try it!

I hope like it as much as I do @lmaster !  Smiley Happy

I know this may come as a surprise, but Garnier’s Micellar Water has been a life saver for me in the past month. I wonder why it took me so longer to try micellar waters! I’ve been using Son & Park’s Beauty Water for as long as I can remember and although they have slightly different functions, I think I can replace it with Garnier’s.

@myumew  I like that one, too 😊 I also like that I can get it from Amazon at a 15% discount using Subscribe and Save. 

423 Replies