Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Best discovery of the last 6 months?

I always like hearing of other people’s product successes, so I thought I’d ask: What has been your best beauty product discovery of the last 6 months? 

Mine has been BECCA - Anti-Fatigue Under Eye Primer:A2495B22-105E-468D-A379-5BB52B80C29E.jpegUpon first application, I honestly thought it had done nothing. I shrugged, continued on with my usual morning makeup routine, and went about my day. Later in the day, however, I did a double take when I looked in a mirror and saw how improved my under eye area looked! After a couple weeks of daily use, a coworker even commented that I looked younger. Who doesn’t want to hear that once in a while 😁

Re: Best discovery of the last 6 months?

@Cyncynn Honestly, I gave Milk a pass completely for a long time because I found the stick format of all their products rather gimmicky. I’m eating humble pie now for being judgemental lol 😂 

@PinkEvergreen I am eating Milk humble pie too - I did not like their marketing at first and completely dismissed the brand. I was so impressed after trying their brow gel that I gave a chance to their products and there wasn't a single product I tried that I didn't love. I'm happy you feel the same way about their skincare and I am excited to try it 🙂

@Cyncynn I hope enough people figure this out so our favourite Milk products stick around 😅 (No pun intended!) I would be so sad if they discontinued the Matcha Toner! 

@PinkEvergreen Thanks for sharing! I’ve always had this toner in the back of my mind. Now I really want to try it! 

@PinkEvergreen The Moon Juice Beauty Shroom! It’s full of adaptogens which are very helpful for different skin types and is soothing as well ❤️🍄❤️!

@keana1 @PinkEvergreen I've REALLY been wanting to try the MOON JUICE - Beauty Shroom™ Exfoliating Acid Potion.  The reviews look good and it sounds like a really nifty product.

@CookieGirl1 yes keep us posted if you try it. I've had my eye on it but want to finish my tarte Knockout first.

@CookieGirl1 If it becomes one of your favourites, let us know here 😊

@keana1 Which specific one do you like? Or do you like them all? 😊 I found the following products that matched that name: 

MOON JUICE - Beauty Shroom™ Exfoliating Acid Potion

Moon Juice Plump Jelly Hyaluronic Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL

MOON JUICE - Beauty Shroom™ Vegan Collagen Protection

@PinkEvergreen The Plumping Jelly Serum. I haven’t tried the other two.

@PinkEvergreen The Moon Juice Beauty Shroom! It’s full of adaptogens which are very helpful for different skin types and is soothing as well ❤️🍄❤️!

OOPS 😬 I sent this twice, I must have early onset Alzheimers ! What did I just write? I forgot 🤷🏻‍♀️! ( I know that Alzheimers is sooo hard for the families of someone with that terrible degenerative disease, my Grandmother was affected by it before passing away last summer , she was 100 years old ) I miss her dearly 😥 ! RIP Mamie ❤️ !

Ooooh, love this thread! I had to scroll back through my purchases for this one:

-Glossier Perfecting Skin Tint. I hate wearing a full face of makeup, but I also have rosacea. This is perfect everyday makeup for me, just a hint of color to even things out, but it feels like nothing at all. 

-KARUNA - Hydrating+ Face Mask. Sheet masks are a new indulgence for me, but because of my sensitivity and rosacea, I'm always nervous about how my skin will react. These have been a dream!

-Bobbi Brown lipsticks. I spent some points on a sample kit of hers, and wow, I had no idea what I was missing! Her formulas are excellent across the board. Not sure I can go back to drugstore after this. 

-SEPHORA COLLECTION - Line Up Makeup Tape. I have hooded eyes, and the extra skin causes my brush to skip, which can make my application patchy. Not only does this tape help me make a sharp line, but it holds my skin in place without pulling. To be fair, I've since discovered that e.l.f.'s Line & Define tape is even better, but I'm happy I tried this. 

-Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask. Life-saver. 

-Urban Decay Born to Run. Every other palette I own has temporarily taken a backseat to this guy. Every time I open it, I'm legitimately excited to figure out my look. 

@tastelikewater Wow! Thanks for all the great discoveries you’ve shared 😊 I’m particularly interested in the Karuna mask since I had rosacea for so many years and I’m always looking for great products to help me keep it in remission 😊

@PinkEvergreen It's a real struggle! May I ask what helped you to battle it? Mine is subtype 1, and my derm said that the only treatment option would be lasers, but I'm always on the lookout for products that will keep the redness in check as much as possible. 

@tastelikewater Absolutely! I’ve posted about it a few times, so here’s a link to a recent post. It also links to previous information I’ve posted about what has worked for me. (A bit of Inception going on there 😁)

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/products-for-rosacea/m-p/4128123/highlight/true#M630...

Feel free to post any questions on that thread and I’ll reply there. 

Great thread! 

After hearing lots about this brand I finally took the plunge and purchased their balm cleanser Farmacy Green Clean Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm 3.4 oz/ 100 mL. Love it! 

After trying this out in a play smarts box I was hooked on Grande Cosmetics GrandeLASH - MD Lash Enhancing Serum .067 oz / 2 mL I never knew I needed this! For now I’m trialing No7 lash serum to see if a cheaper alternative works as well. Used the Dr. Jart+ Cicapair™ Tiger Grass Color Correcting Treatment SPF 30 1.7 fl. oz/ 50 mL from the sun safety kit and wow does it make your skin look amazing. I don’t need primer with it either. Lastly I tried out Maybelline Lash Paradise and was really impressed. All of these have become new staples for me.

Agree about the Dr. Jart! I got the holiday set last year and this was the product I waited to open. Why did I try all the other products and wait on this one?! The BB Cream is nice but is too dark and pink for my skin unless applied sparingly but the correcting cream blends in like a dream. I put on a little mascara and blush and I'm good for a natural look.

@jen81 I love the Farmacy cleansing balm too! It’s amazing. I don’t know why I waited so long to take the plunge as well. It’s worth it! 

@jen81 I have several samples of Dr Jart’s Cicipair Tiger Grass cream that I have yet to try. Apparently I really need to get in there and try it because it sounds like an amazing multitasker! 

Thanks for the other recommendations as well! 😊🙏

What a great idea for a thread @PinkEvergreen! My favorite finds for myself over the past six months have been:

Verb Ghost Weightless Shampoo 12 oz/ 355 mL - The first few times I washed my hair with this I honestly was unimpressed but something happened around wash four. My hair went from kinda rough and meh to suuuuuper soft and silky when I use this. I don’t know what the magic is but I’m here for it!

Too Faced Born This Way Super Coverage Multi-Use Concealer Snow - Thought my undereye area was too “mature” for this concealer but it’s absolutely lovely. Glad I took the chance on it!

My runner-up. I actually purchased this during the 2017 November sale but I barely ever used it and I don’t know why. I just re-discovered it while shopping my stash and it’s beautiful! Goes to show that I need to pay more attention to my existing collection. 

DIOR - Rouge Dior Lipstick - 263 Hasard

452 Replies
testing