Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Best discovery of the last 6 months?

I always like hearing of other people’s product successes, so I thought I’d ask: What has been your best beauty product discovery of the last 6 months? 

Mine has been BECCA - Anti-Fatigue Under Eye Primer:A2495B22-105E-468D-A379-5BB52B80C29E.jpegUpon first application, I honestly thought it had done nothing. I shrugged, continued on with my usual morning makeup routine, and went about my day. Later in the day, however, I did a double take when I looked in a mirror and saw how improved my under eye area looked! After a couple weeks of daily use, a coworker even commented that I looked younger. Who doesn’t want to hear that once in a while 😁

Best discovery of the last 6 months?

Sk-11 essence! Wow!

Re: Best discovery of the last 6 months?

@Fortyniner49  I managed to snag a bottle of SK-II essence in a points reward but I haven’t used it yet. What do you like about it? 

Yes I use it at night too sometimes too but more so in th...

Yes I use it at night too sometimes too but more so in the morning, I tend to apply either the tatcha or the fresh black tea essence at night for some extra hydration 😊

It's the perfect amount of hydration. I have combo skin s...

It's the perfect amount of hydration. I have combo skin so I don't want too many layers on my face in the summer. My makeup applies nicely over it too. Most of all my skin looks brighter and less redness with this essence. 😊

Re: It's the perfect amount of hydration. I have combo skin s...

@Fortyniner49  I hear you on that one. I have to be very careful not to overwhelm my combination, sensitive skin at the best of times, but practicing restraint in the summer is especially important. My skin really needs to breathe, otherwise it’s Breakoutville for me 😏

Do you ever apply it in the evening after your cleansing routine?

I just got the mask! I'm going to try it this week, can't...

I just got the mask! I'm going to try it this week, can't wait! I purchased the sk11 that came with the mask and toner. The toner is nice too!

@PinkEvergreen - JO MALONE LONDON - Wild Bluebell Cologne

I can't stop wearing this perfume!  I think I picked it up with a promo code.  It's light and fresh; a lovely spring/summer scent.

The JM wild bluebell is a good one.  It pairs really well with the English pear and freesia.  Layer one spritz of each, and it makes a very fresh aroma without being cloying @Titian06

What a good suggestion.

Thanks for the suggestion @RachFace2921!

@Titian06  Interesting! I can’t say I’ve ever seen wild bluebell as a fragrance. Now I need to find a sample! Thanks for posting about it ☺️

For $10 this is an amazing hydrating essence. Love the ingredients, and the way it feels on my skin. It absorbs so nicely and is definitely true to it's claimsScreenshot_20190713-130058~2.png

Screenshot_20190713-130106~2.png

@lmaster Have debated trying, how strong is the fragrance? 

Thanks @lmaster @RGbrown @WinglessOne 

May have to give it a try, fruity and doesn't creep through a stuffed nose 👍

@TrysBeautyItems I'm very impressed with this product

@WinglessOne @TrysBeautyItems wow I have not really noticed much scent 😂 I usually pour some on a cotton square and apply to my face.... I've had a sinus issue for about 6 months,, living in the country doesn't help the allergies either

@lmaster  The first time I used it, I could barely smell it because my nose was too stuffy (summer cold + allergies). 😂 The scent surprised me a couple days later, when my nose decided to start smelling again. I hope your sinus troubles go away soon! 

@TrysBeautyItems 

It's light, a little fruity, berry maybe? I really liked the product; the added fragrance was my only quibble, but it's not overwhelming.

@TrysBeautyItems  @RGbrown 

It does smell berryish to me. The scent’s not very strong and disappears quickly. To me, the fragrance is about as strong as my YTTP Superfood moisturizer’s scent. 

One other note: this stuff will emulsify if you rub it between your hands. Some folks don’t like it because it turns white when they rub it on their face. That happens because they’ve rubbed it between their hands. Even if you do that, it won’t create a white film on your skin. 🙂 I usually just shake a few drops into my hand, then rub it onto my face and pat it into my skin. 

@lmaster  I like this a lot, too! I’ve been testing this for a few weeks as a toner/essence combo, alternating it with my usual Indie Lee Co-Q10 toner. Now I find myself reaching for the e.l.f. more often. I might even like it more than May Coop Raw Sauce as an essence. My wallet certainly likes it more. 😂 

6 Replies
testing