Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Best discovery of the last 6 months?

I always like hearing of other peopleโ€™s product successes, so I thought Iโ€™d ask: What has been your best beauty product discovery of the last 6 months? 

Mine has been BECCA - Anti-Fatigue Under Eye Primer:A2495B22-105E-468D-A379-5BB52B80C29E.jpegUpon first application, I honestly thought it had done nothing. I shrugged, continued on with my usual morning makeup routine, and went about my day. Later in the day, however, I did a double take when I looked in a mirror and saw how improved my under eye area looked! After a couple weeks of daily use, a coworker even commented that I looked younger. Who doesnโ€™t want to hear that once in a while ๐Ÿ˜

Re: Best discovery of the last 6 months?

@PinkEvergreen I literally just bought a new Fresh lip balm yesterday.  I don't know what it is about them but they seem to nourish my lips better than any other lip balm that I've tried!  My favorites are the Petal and Bloom colors.

@CookieGirl1  Also, are the tubes not like the best quality out there? I love how theyโ€™re almost like a pottery texture, so sturdy, and twist closed. No melted-balm-in-purse disasters with these! 

@PinkEvergreen I know, right?!  Fresh balms just have a special place in my heart.  And my purse.  And my nightstand.  And my bathroom.  And...

@txcatx  Iโ€™ve never heard of UD Cannonball before! Is it a relatively new product? 

Regarding pencil eyeliner, I canโ€™t seem to get anything to stay on my lower lash line. Do you use the Glossier there? 

@PinkEvergreen The mascara has been around for years--I originally found out about it because a lot of the YouTube makeup people I followed were using it. I had a tube years ago and forgot about it, but then I found a backup tube that I had bought still in its packaging while I was decluttering lately and fell in love with it all over again. 

As for pencil eyeliner, I honestly have never had a problem with eyeliner not staying on my lower lash line since my problem is that everything tends to melt and smear all over my undereyes, so I'm not sure of the longevity of the Glossier liner for you. Sorry!

@txcatx  Thanks for all the info! ๐Ÿ˜Š Glad your backup was still good!!

@PinkEvergreen 

Cannonball has been around for several years, but I've never seen UD promote it in any way...it's never sampled or in a gwp or put on sale, but it seems to have an underground cult status anyways.

@txcatx it almost looks like it's being discontinued in favor of the new Perversion waterproof; I don't have any direct confirmation of that, but it has been pulled from both Ulta and UD's site. Grab more from Sephora while you can! 

(ETA: ok, weird, and sorry. It is gone from Ulta, and it doesn't show up on UDs site when I browse, but if I search "cannonball" on UDs site, it still comes up. Perhaps it's not on the way out...yet... ๐Ÿ˜‹)

@RGbrown The mascara always seems to disappear for a bit, but then always comes back! It's so weird. I'm not sure if they have old stock or perhaps it's because of its cult status. 

@txcatx 

I have noticed it goes oos at Ulta a lot; I've had it on my loves list there for eternity and it's kinda fun to watch it lol, but now it says "no longer available" there instead of just oos. I did find it on UDs site, but it's like they don't want anyone to know they still have it since it doesn't show up while just browsing...you have to search for it. Sorry for the mild panic I was feeling for you over it ๐Ÿ˜‹ Though I still might not be surprised if it just quietly disappears now that they've come out with a new waterproof one. 

@RGbrown I appreciate the heads up, though. I might stock up on a couple of tubes after I'm eventually over being mad at Sephora for never sending me targeted 20% off coupons. It just might take a week or two, ha. 

Actually, I've found that WANDER BEAUTY - Mile High Club Mascara has been working for me in the heat, too, and it's not even a waterproof mascara, which is surprising to me.

@txcatx  Thatโ€™s the first time Iโ€™ve seen that Wander mascara! I must really be behind the times lol ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

Many of my new loves have been found in the last 6 months. 2 in particular: 

Olaplex No. 3 Hair Repair Perfector 3.3 oz / 100 mL

Also

CHRISTOPHE ROBIN - Regenerating Mask with Rare Prickly Pear Seed Oil

@PinkEvergreen 

There are many more in the world of skincare and makeup.

@l8totheparty  I have a deluxe sample of the Christophe Prickly Pear โ€” Iโ€™ve got to pull it out and try it on a day when my hair is feeling particularly sun-fried ๐Ÿ˜Š

Yes!  Beware the smell.  I dislike it, but I do not let that affect my A+ rating.  The results, to me, speak for themselves. 

@PinkEvergreen 

It is a unique smell, that prickly pear.

@l8totheparty   Haha, Iโ€™ve been warned!! ๐Ÿ˜ Thank you!

I have a new go-to blush that Iโ€™ve been really enjoying the last couple months. Normally I use my Natasha Denona Diamond & Blush Palette Citrus for all my blush needs, but recently I wanted to try something new and more portable. (The Diamond & Blush palettes are huge and heavy.) I ended up trying a ColourPop Super Shock Blush in the shade Tuned In:

7B2A6A4C-E293-40C7-A93A-3061FD05417B.jpeg

Iโ€™m so impressed! First off, itโ€™s a perfect match for my skin tone. I love how gradual the build-up is, for those days that I only want a light wash of natural colour. Next, I find it completely non-oily, even though itโ€™s technically a cream blush. It doesnโ€™t highlight any skin imperfections, it doesnโ€™t cause my acne-prone skin to break out, and it plays well with my foundation and other regular makeup products. 

I love how light and compact the packaging is. I can carry it in my purse with zero worries. And, as we expect from ColourPop, it is super-affordable (US$8.00). 

I was really happy when ColourPop came to Sephora in 2017, and then was sad to see them go so soon. I hope they do come back in the near future because I really want to discover more of their product line. 

@PinkEvergreen   Thanks for posting this- I think I need it!

@Ispend2much6  My pleasure โ˜บ๏ธ I hope you enjoy it!

@PinkEvergreen Great find! I will have to try this. Thanks for sharing ๐Ÿ™‚

Best,
Rebecca

My new found HG product is ALTERNA Haircare Bamboo Smooth Kendi Oil Dry Oil Mist 4.2 oz/ 125 mL.  I have fine hair with a lot of frizz and fly aways.  I can't believe how well this works without weighing your hair down.  I swear it's magic!  ๐Ÿ˜‰

@mrsmouse  My bathroom is filled with Alterna Haircare products, and Iโ€™ve had my eye on this one, too! ๐Ÿ˜Š  What is the fragrance like? I love the fragrance of Verb Ghost Weightless Hair Oil 2 oz/ 60 mL but I really dislike the fragrance of Moroccanoil Moroccanoil Treatment Hair Oil 1.7 oz/ 50 mL. It stays very present and gives me a headache. 

testing