Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Best discovery of the last 6 months?

I always like hearing of other people’s product successes, so I thought I’d ask: What has been your best beauty product discovery of the last 6 months? 

Mine has been BECCA - Anti-Fatigue Under Eye Primer:A2495B22-105E-468D-A379-5BB52B80C29E.jpegUpon first application, I honestly thought it had done nothing. I shrugged, continued on with my usual morning makeup routine, and went about my day. Later in the day, however, I did a double take when I looked in a mirror and saw how improved my under eye area looked! After a couple weeks of daily use, a coworker even commented that I looked younger. Who doesn’t want to hear that once in a while 😁

Re: Best discovery of the last 6 months?

I'll be honest @PinkEvergreen , the smell is a bit strong at first, but it seems to dissipate after a bit.  It's a woody scent, reminds me a little bit of sandalwood, but I don't think that's quite it.  Fragrance wise I think it fits along the lines of their other products that I have tried.  I use a thicker oil for the bottom half of my hair and put that in while my hair is still wet.  Then after my hair dries I spray this kind of all over, run my fingers through it & either go or straight iron my hair.  I thought for sure it would weigh my hair down or at least make me have to wash it more often, but nope.  I super love this stuff.  I hope it works for you too!  🙂

@mrsmouse  Thanks for all the info! I’ll put it on my list to try 😊

ooooo I'll have to try this!! @mrsmouse

ooooo I'll have to try this!! @mrsmouse

Re: ooooo I'll have to try this!! @mrsmouse

I hope it works for you too, @lmaster !  🙂

I just bought it last night on Ulta web @mrsmouse can't wait to try it!

I hope like it as much as I do @lmaster !  🙂

I know this may come as a surprise, but Garnier’s Micellar Water has been a life saver for me in the past month. I wonder why it took me so longer to try micellar waters! I’ve been using Son & Park’s Beauty Water for as long as I can remember and although they have slightly different functions, I think I can replace it with Garnier’s.

@myumew  I like that one, too 😊 I also like that I can get it from Amazon at a 15% discount using Subscribe and Save. 

I bought these for my brother in law when he broke his leg and couldn't shower. I stashed one away in my carry-on bag when I was rushed to the airport because I didn't have time to shower. My skin gets itchy if airborne allergens are particularly bad in the office that day. Luckily, I ended up with an hour to spare thanks to a delay and wiped myself clean in a bathroom stall with these.  The sheets were large and didn't smell like a baby wipe. 

810%2Bfmh7UGL._SX522_

@GingerRootKit  You’ve reminded me to buy more of these. 🙂 I used them during simultaneous knee and hip injuries that made it very difficult to stand in the shower or in front of the sink long enough to get anything clean. They’re also nice after workouts, especially after runs when I’m not near home but want to wipe myself down. 

@GingerRootKit  I love the sizing: “REALLY BIG” 😂  I usually wipe myself down with Sephora wipes when I have an allergen issue at work, or after long-haul flights, but I’ll definitely check these out! 

@GingerRootKit I always keep a shower towel in my purse! You never know when you're going to need one but I instantly feel better if I can get myself clean after long flights/ during road trips etc.

Hi @PinkEvergreen ,

I have been loving the DIOR - BACKSTAGE Face & Body Foundation.It has been lasting all day on my oily skin which is amazing especially as the days get warmer.

Best Wishes,

Janean

@JaneanBT  I really like the formula of this foundation. However, my complaint with Dior is that none of their pale shades are yellow/golden enough for my skin tone, in any of their foundations. I always end up with a visible, rosy demarcation line on my neck, no matter how pale I go 😕 

I read someone else post this, but mine has been the OLAPLEX - No. 6 Bond Smoother Reparative Styling Creme

I liked the No. 3, so figured I'd try the No. 6. I do not use the shampoo or conditioner. I used to use quite the concoction of hair products on my damp hair after a shower. I've replaced them all with just 1 product. This is life changing. I actually wasn't expecting to love it SO much. My hair is so soft. It dries faster. It looks so much healthier. Plus I find I can go longer without washing my hair before it gets greasy looking. 

I do add the IGK Purple drops occasionally, and it works quite well with it. 

@rrroxanne  Two votes now for the No. 6. I’ll add it to my “need to try” list as well. Thanks! 😊

Oh, now I can give a new round of 6-month best discoveries! They’re all skincare products: 

DR. DENNIS GROSS SKINCARE - Ferulic + Retinol Triple Correction Eye Serum - I keep saying it’s the best product I’ve ever used under my eyes. Firms my crepey skin and removes my sun-damage darkness. It’s also diminishing my fine lines, very very gradually. 

Biossance Squalane + Peptide Eye Gel - Highly moisturizing, skin firming, and behaves a bit like a primer. Plays nice with any serum it’s layered over. And it has no strong or obnoxious fragrance, unlike many other eye creams. It’s now my daily morning eye cream. 

SUPERGOOP! - Unseen Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 40 - Can’t believe I never tried this sunscreen until this year. It’s now the only one I use on my lids and undereyes because it doesn’t irritate my eyes, plus it’s very easy to blend into my skin and it leaves no cast. Bonus points for acting as a primer for concealer. Even if I use a different sunscreen all over my face, I still use this one around my eyes. 

FIRST AID BEAUTY - FAB Skin Lab Resurfacing Liquid 10% AHA - I use this 2-4 times a week (trying to cut back from 3-4 to 2-3). It’s very effective, contains no alcohol, and contains enough soothing ingredients to not make my skin angry. It’s doing wonders for some of my hyperpigmentation patches and efficiently clearing dead skin. 

EDIT: I forgot one! 

Supergoop! AcaiFusion Lip Balm Broad Spectrum SPF 30 0.5 oz/ 15 mL - I tried this today for the first time. It’s very moisturizing, has no yucky sunscreen taste, smells nicely fruity (and the scent disappears quickly), and worked great under my lipstick: I blotted off excess balm and let it set for about 5 minutes before applying lipstick. I’ve finally found my perfect SPF lip balm! 

@WinglessOne I thought about you today! I was at Target and saw Pixi's new Retinol Eye Cream and since they're having a $5 GC with a $20 beauty purchase I picked it up. I was going to buy the FAB one with my Ulta coupon but figured I'd try this out instead since it's less than half the price. I'll let you know what I think 😄

E3F6F214-E8E5-420D-9164-7EDC06BFEC34.jpeg

@makeitup305  Looks interesting! I didn’t know Pixi had released a retinol eye cream. Can’t wait to hear your thoughts on it. 🙂

@WinglessOne I think it only just came out, it's not even on the Target website yet. I tried it tonight with my skincare routine and it feels nice. It's got no scent and it didn't tingle or burn when I applied it. I'm curious to see if my undereye gets dry from the retinol but hopefully not! If not I might just layer eye creams.

@WinglessOne  Thanks for all this great information! I think I have a sample of the PTR eye serum so now I need to dig it up. I’ve solved many of my skin issues but the fine lines under my eyes are still bugging me. I smile too much (what a terrible problem to have lol) which really exacerbates them. I use products to hide and diminish them in the morning (including the BECCA - Anti-Fatigue Under Eye Primer that prompted me to start this thread) but I’d really like to see improvement that is a bit deeper.  

You’re the second person to mention the Supergoop sunscreen so I’m definitely going to put that on my “need to try” list for the next sale 😊

testing