Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Best discovery of the last 6 months?

I always like hearing of other peopleโ€™s product successes, so I thought Iโ€™d ask: What has been your best beauty product discovery of the last 6 months? 

Mine has been BECCA - Anti-Fatigue Under Eye Primer:A2495B22-105E-468D-A379-5BB52B80C29E.jpegUpon first application, I honestly thought it had done nothing. I shrugged, continued on with my usual morning makeup routine, and went about my day. Later in the day, however, I did a double take when I looked in a mirror and saw how improved my under eye area looked! After a couple weeks of daily use, a coworker even commented that I looked younger. Who doesnโ€™t want to hear that once in a while ๐Ÿ˜

Re: Best discovery of the last 6 months?

@Shelbstirr Aww โ˜บ๏ธ Well, the interesting contributions everyone shares are what make the ideas fun, but thanks ๐Ÿ™ 

I havenโ€™t heard of the Grande Cosmetics lash serum before. Thatโ€™s great to hear that it actually works! Iโ€™m sure a lot of beauties out there will appreciate knowing that, so thanks for sharing ๐Ÿ˜Š

Hi @PinkEvergreen,

Such a great thread! ๐Ÿ™‚ My best product discovery from the past 6 months is definitely Kate Somerville's Wrinkle Warriorโ„ข 2-in-1 Plumping Moisturizer + Serum. > https://www.sephora.com/product/wrinkle-warrior-2-in-1-plumping-moisturizer-serum-P415202

This has become my go-to daytime serum + moisturizer (who doesn't love a good muti-tasking product!), and it plays nicely with my oily skin. I was so excited when I saw how much this plumps and softens my skin. It's my favorite prep step for flawless makeup application. ๐Ÿ™‚

Best regards,

Laurie

@LaurieBT My partner also loves this product so I plan to try it out soon! (I like to focus on one or two skin care products at a time, so often Iโ€™ll use him as a guinea pig with my samples so he can give me a preview lol ๐Ÿ˜‚)

Thanks for posting about it! 

Mine would hands-down have to be skincare and beauty products from Asia (i.e. K & J beauty). I watched Stephanie Nicole do her am and pm skincare routine videos on youtube and that was really the first time I had ever been exposed to Asian brands that aren't sold on Sephora (even the ones that are sold on Sephora are often cheaper at yesstyle, for example, and shipping is free over $30 USD). I am super dry and now hide from the sun due to rapidly maturing skin. I feel this puts me solidly in the Asian skincare and makeup demographic as they really lean towards a hydrated/dewy look and most products contain broad spectrum spf. 

Favorites include: Hada Labo Moist (hyalauronic gel), Benton Fermentation Eye Cream, Missha First Treatment Essence, belif moisture bomb, belif cushion spf 50, HERA UV Mist Cushion Cover spf 50 pa+++. 

The quality and prices are amazing. I will always have western skincare brands that I am ride or die for (Drunk Elephant), but as my dry skin matures, I am so happy to have discovered these new to me products.

@piccolobacio I hear you 100% on the maturing skin front. My skin transition happened far sooner than I ever thought it would. I think I was about 34-36 when my skin seemed to change overnight and hydration became a huge issue. 

I find that my skin responds very poorly to traditional creams like Olay. They cause me to break out and donโ€™t seem to improve my skin quality. However, my skin responds so well to Korean and Korean-style skin care products, particularly the water gels. Theyโ€™ve been SUCH a game changer. My skin looks better now than it did when I was years younger. Plus it played an important role in getting my rosacea into long-term remission. 

Thanks for your product recommendations! One line of products I havenโ€™t tried yet but keep hearing mentioned is Belif. Iโ€™m definitely going to need to check out your suggestions! ๐Ÿ˜Š

@PinkEvergreenSAME AGES for me!!!! I am 35 now and about a year-ish ago it was like I woke up the crypt keeper! I grew up in a really humid climate, so part of me thought maybe I had always been on the slightly drier side of normal until I moved north...? Whatever it is, I now layer hydration on my skin via skin care and makeup like its my job. 

Last winter was a time of deep skin sadness because I live in the DC area and it was so cold and dry. For the really dry times, I highly recommended the Drunk Elephant LaLa Retro whip. The belif is wonderful and I use it all year long before bed but during the extended cold/dry season, I would look forward to morning and evening skincare just to get to apply more retro whip on my face. It felt like a relief! 

@piccolobacio Trust me, I keep hearing the magic numbers 35 and 36 over and over! ๐Ÿ˜‚

Iโ€™ve been worried about trying the DRUNK ELEPHANT - Lala Retroโ„ข Whipped Cream because it seems really heavy and I have really sensitive skin. I have a sample so I think Iโ€™m going to try it out tonight. Fingers crossed!

@PinkEvergreen hopefully the Drunk Elephant works out. It is a heavy moisturizer, but I found it doesnโ€™t make me break out like most moisturizers do regardless of their weight. I mostly use it in the winter, but occasionally will if my skin is stressed in the summer. The Protini is a lighter formulation you might like in the summer if you find your skin responds well to the Lala Retro.

I have my fingers crossed too and I hope it works out for you! 

Best discovery of the last 6 months?

@PinkEvergreen for me hands down Dr.jart waterfuse gel cream. At first I had low expectations because I thought nothing will ever compare to my hg gel cream from Laneige but this has me keep reaching for it & I literally just want to drenched myself in it. This was definitely an best discovery & unexpected surprise I never knew I needed so bad

@ELNene17 I bought the sleep mask version of this and itโ€™s so nice! 

@starsandbucks hey I think I might give the sleep mask ve...

@starsandbucks hey I think I might give the sleep mask version a try now that u mentioned it.

I LOVE this stuff, especially for summer. it layers well with other products as well!!

@piccolobacio @ELNene17 Thanks for the recommendation on the Dr Jart Water Fuse Gel. I ordered it and Iโ€™m so glad to have it for the dry winter months. So hydrating!!! ๐Ÿ’ฆ ๐Ÿ˜ƒ ๐Ÿ’ฆ 

@ELNene17 Iโ€™m a total Dr Jart fan but I havenโ€™t tried DR. JART+ - Water Fuse Ultimate Hydro Gel yet. Now Iโ€™m definitely going to need to try it out when the sale happens. Thanks for sharing! ๐Ÿ˜Š

@PinkEvergreen Thanks for creating this thread!  I love reading about what other people are loving and it definitely makes me want to try some of these.

@CookieGirl1 Well, a big thanks goes to everyone who is adding their new discoveries ๐Ÿ˜Š

Not a beauty product per se, but this is still my favorite find of the past year because it keeps the horrible texture of lint off my lips when I blot my lipstick. I don't always get papery texture on my lips when I blot with a tissue, but when I do, I have to redo my lips, and I never, ever get that when I use these Kimwipes

kimwipes.png

They are also great for cleaning my sunglasses, glasses and screens when combined with Zeiss spray

@gingerleigh YES! I love kimwipes! I work in a lab and Iโ€™m guilty of using these as oil blotting sheets.  Theyโ€™re good enough for when I need a quick blot and canโ€™t step out of the lab ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

Hey, fellow lab worker ๐Ÿ™‚ I first encountered Kimwipes in my lab too, but we were so low on budget that Kimwipes were used only for some very special glass cuvettes. It would be sacrilegious to wipe with them any other lab equipment, let alone my face, LOL ๐Ÿ™‚ But in my current lab Kimwipes are in plenty. Wish I could buy them for home ๐Ÿ™‚

@Krysa13 You can buy them from Amazon ๐Ÿ˜Š

testing