Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Best discovery of the last 6 months?

I always like hearing of other people’s product successes, so I thought I’d ask: What has been your best beauty product discovery of the last 6 months? 

Mine has been BECCA - Anti-Fatigue Under Eye Primer:A2495B22-105E-468D-A379-5BB52B80C29E.jpegUpon first application, I honestly thought it had done nothing. I shrugged, continued on with my usual morning makeup routine, and went about my day. Later in the day, however, I did a double take when I looked in a mirror and saw how improved my under eye area looked! After a couple weeks of daily use, a coworker even commented that I looked younger. Who doesn’t want to hear that once in a while 😁

Re: Best discovery of the last 6 months?

@Loretta55 I have really enjoyed several Deva Curl products (their Melt Into Moisture Matcha Butter Conditioning Mask is sublime), so I’ll need to check out Wash Day Wonder. Thanks for all the info!

Once I finish my Heaven in Hair Conditioner I will be purchasing their Melt Into Moisture Matcha Butter Conditioning Mask @PinkEvergreen . 

My best discovery: cream eyeshadow sticks. I may be late to the party, but where have they been all my life?

I've never been able to wear powder eyeshadow.. aside from wanting a short/simple daily routine and being completely uncoordinated with brushes, I have really sensitive & watery eyes. Powder eyeshadow always seemed to irritate them. So I never wore eye makeup, ever.

Well, I saw a recent sale at another retailer on 2 different brands of cream eyeshadow sticks. Watched some YouTube videos on them and thought I'd give each brand a try. OMG. They're so easy, they're like crayons. Smooth and glidey, they apply in seconds, I can use just one color, and after 30-60 seconds of play they're set & bulletproof.. even with my watery eyes.

Life.Changing! I went in to work with cream eyeshadow on that took me all of a minute to put on, and multiple people commented on how awake I looked.

Now I'm hooked! I'm eyeing a NUDESTIX set at Sephora, to go with the two other brands I bought elsewhere. NUDESTIX Nude Metallics For Eyes

Yay, discoveries!

@kimberlita  I love shadow sticks for travel. I often take a few of them, some eyeliners, and maybe a single powder shadow. That way, I can leave palettes and many brushes at home. Even when I do travel with a palette, I also bring a couple shadow sticks. I’ve tried many brands and my faves are Bobbi Brown and Sephora Collection. 

@kimberlita I love eyeshadow sticks for a quick look. Makes life so much easier. Laura Mercier and Bobbi brown are both good. They usually have good sets around the holidays. 

I love creamy eyeshadow sticks too! They're so travel-friendly

The Lóreal Color Riche Shine lipsticks. I love them so much, I've got 9 of them. 

You guys. I have another discovery. I’m completely obsessed with it! 🤩

8C5DB925-698F-4D87-8E70-EA1ED07ADDA8.jpegINC.REDIBLE - Cosmic Blur Set

I have not had this much fun with a nail polish in a long time. It is sooo sparkly and iridescent, but with a smooth finish. I’m currently using it as a topper on my hot pink Chelsea Grove Nails Inc. Gel Effect polish, which has transformed it into magenta with a blue glitter flip!! 

It was C$17 for the full-size Cosmic Blur nail polish and the mini highlighter. I love the polish so much that I nearly bought a backup, but I know Nails Inc. will come out with something new and awesome soon enough. They’ve been dropping such nice products over the last year. 

@PinkEvergreen I bought this a few weeks ago but I haven't used it yet. I'm so excited now, based on your review! I love Nails Inc and I'm low key trying to replace all my existing nail polishes with polishes from them.

@JenniferOhJenny Same!! Nails Inc. is the first nail polish I’ve found that I actually enjoy applying and that stands up to my daily activities and doesn’t chip. I use a NARS base coat but nothing else.

I just wish Sephora would add more shades from the Gel Effect series. The opacity of that series is second to none!

@PinkEvergreen Ooh I haven't tried the gel polishes yet, thanks for the tip!

@PinkEvergreen I was wondering about that one and tried to look for swatches online! It looks so unicorn-is in the bottle!

@Cyncynn Honestly, swatches would not do it justice. 

I’m past my days of chunky glitter with a rough finish. This one is finely milled and looks so beautiful and refined. It can turn any regular polish into an iridescent masterpiece 💅🏻

I really like the shades Nails Inc comes up with, and duos for 15 aren't bad.

Best discovery of the last 6 months?

mine have been the Nars liquid lipsticks and Bobbi Brown bare glow!!!

@TerrorK I’ve never tried NARS liquid lipsticks. What do you like about them that sets them apart from others you’ve tried? Any favourite colours? 😊

@PinkEvergreen I only have one of the Nars lipsticks but it's super pigmented and light weight. I didn’t find it too drying either. 

I have a new discovery that’s working so well for me: MILK MAKEUP - Matcha Toner

66674A4E-D6E3-4738-BC33-446FA2FC1328.jpeg

I know it’s not new or hugely popular but it’s been such a skin saviour for me. 

I have very sensitive combination skin that is prone to acne and rosacea (which is currently in remission), and just general discomfort due to its tendency to become dry almost out of the blue. 

For over a year I had been using Ole Henriksen Balancing Force Oil Control Toner daily, with good success. Then, about 5-6 weeks ago my skin freaked out and seemed to reject this toner completely. It became painfully dry, prickly, and even started cracking 😕 

I began looking for a completely different kind of toner, that would be very gentle but effective. That’s how I came across Milk Matcha Toner. Not only has it been a great toner, but my skin looks healthier, and it feels so much better. I also really like that it’s in a stick format. So much nicer to apply and travel with!

I definitely recommend it, but especially to those who have very sensitive skin!

Hi @PinkEvergreen,

I just started using the MILK MAKEUP - Matcha Toner as well as the MILK MAKEUP Cooling Water 1 oz / 30 g. I am loving both! Thanks for sharing!

Best,
Rebecca 

@RebeccaBT I’m really curious about the Cooling Water. What does it do for you?

I love milk, but I was a little weirded out about the stick skincare products. I might have to get a mini to test 🙂

7 Replies
testing