Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Best discovery of the last 6 months?

I always like hearing of other people’s product successes, so I thought I’d ask: What has been your best beauty product discovery of the last 6 months? 

Mine has been BECCA - Anti-Fatigue Under Eye Primer:A2495B22-105E-468D-A379-5BB52B80C29E.jpegUpon first application, I honestly thought it had done nothing. I shrugged, continued on with my usual morning makeup routine, and went about my day. Later in the day, however, I did a double take when I looked in a mirror and saw how improved my under eye area looked! After a couple weeks of daily use, a coworker even commented that I looked younger. Who doesn’t want to hear that once in a while 😁

Re: Best discovery of the last 6 months?

@starsandbucks Your timing could not have been better with this post!! I absolutely love Verb Ghost Weightless Hair Oil 2 oz/ 60 mL and was really curious about the shampoo and conditioner. You posted this, and today while I was purchasing another product, lo and behold, there was a Ghost Shampoo and Conditioner sample available! Yay 😁 Can’t wait to try them. 

Oh, fun thread! I have two favorites that I've discovered in the past month or two. The first is IGK - Trust Issues Instant Scalp Rebalancing Treatment which is so soothing on my scalp, and it somehow miraculously doesn't weigh down my fine, straight, Asian hair. Also, I'm loving GIVENCHY - Le Rouge Lipstick - 105 Brun Vintage for fall. Le Rouge has been my favorite lipstick formula for a couple of years since it's long lasting, pigmented, and non-drying, and I love the latest shade that I picked up during last weekend's Rouge event.

@txcatx Thanks for posting these 😊

I’ve tried a few IGK samples and I’ve been really impressed with their products.

I honestly didn’t put a lot of stock in them initially because I found their packaging rather unprofessional and thought they were a hype brand rather than a quality one. Case in point: IGK - Hot Girls Hydrating Shampoo 😏

I’m glad you found success with their products too! 😊

For me it has to be SK-II’s facial treatment essence. I wanted to try it ages ago but was afraid to as I have seborrheac dermatitis and I heard the fermentation in the product could irritate my skin.

Anyways I decided to get the sample promo from Sephora and it has been working perfectly for me, my skin actually looks sooooo much smoother and happier! Its a wonderful product! I went ahead and bought the full size plus a bunch of the facial treatment mask! Its fab! Expensive, but fab lol.

SK2 essence is amazing. If you ever travel to Japan, it's way cheaper 0_O 

@sabrinas Thanks for sharing! I’m glad it’s working well for you 😊 I missed out on the recent sample promo for SK-II Anti-Aging Facial Treatment Essence 5.4 oz/ 160 mL and now I really regret it! Hopefully they’ll have another one in the near future, before the November sale. 

Great question @PinkEvergreen!  This is a hard one.  I feel like there's been a lot of best discoveries for me in the last 6 months; it's hard to narrow it down to one...

Hair: I completely agree with @tsavorite, Olaplex No. 4 Bond Maintenance™ Shampoo 8.5 oz/ 250 mL and Olaplex No. 5 Bond Maintenance™ Conditioner 8.5 oz/ 250 mL are amazing products. I received them as part of a gratis and while I knew of all the raves Olaplex No. 3 received in and outside of BIC, I wasn't expecting much from the shampoo and conditioner in large part because I've used many different kinds of shampoo and conditioners. But the Olaplex shampoo and conditioner were different. I previously washed my hair everyday to keep it from feeling greasy and blah, but when I use the Olaplex No. 4 and No. 5, I can go 2-3 days without washing my hair (depending on what I'm doing) and my hair is soft and healthy. I can't say enough good things about these 2 products.

Makeup/Skincare: @Shelbstirr is spot on about Grande Cosmetics GrandeLASH - MD Lash Enhancing Serum .067 oz / 2 mL and lash growth! This serum is fantastic. ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ I see results if I use it consistently. My lashes are longer and there seems to be more of them. 🙂

@itsfi Wow, thanks for this great information and confirmation about these products! I’ll put them on my list for the November sale... ‘cause, you know, one-time use online code and all 😏 Lol. 

@PinkEvergreen,

Right now, I'm very fond of the Olaplex No. 4 Bond Maintenance™ Shampoo 8.5 oz/ 250 mL. 

It's a find for me.  No tangles, even if I don't use the Olaplex No. 5 Bond Maintenance™ Conditioner 8.5 oz/ 250 mL.  I like the Conditioner a lot, too. This was a Gratis from Sephora.

Love these two Olaplex products @tsavorite!  They've really performed well for me! I wouldn't want to be without the shampoo and conditioner!  😉

@tsavorite I was sad when you recommended 4 and 5 because I thought the Canadian site only had 3 (which I recently ordered and will be trying soon). However!! I just discovered that number 4 and 5 have been added to the Canadian site 🎉  They’re out of stock but at least now I get the chance to try them 😊

What kind of hair do you have, if you don’t mind me asking? Mine is very fine so I’m always on the lookout for anything I can do to improve its strength and quality.

@PinkEvergreen,

Yay for Olaplex 4 and 5 going to Canada!   My hair is fine, thin, straight, and dyed. 

I hope that you like the Olaplex.  

My 2 total game changers within the last 6 months: 

1. OUIDAD - Curl Quencher® Hydrafusion Intense Curl Cream - This stuff has replaced all 4 of the other products I always used post-shampoo/conditioner. One of those products was a leave-in conditioner, which I can now just use as a rinse-out conditioner—so I can make bottles of it last longer now. And this cream works on my entire head of hair. (I have different hair porosity levels, curl patterns, and thickness textures in various sections of my head, so I always had to use different products for specific sections.) Whatever witchcraft is in this cream, my hair is spellbound: it hydrates, defines my coils, and acts as a sealant, all without weighing my hair down at all or making it very stiff or crunchy. It’s the only Ouidad product I use, but it’s fantastic for me. 

2. FOREO - LUNA™ mini 2 - I used to be a Clarisonic Mia 2 user. I still have my Clarisonic but haven’t used it in a few weeks, now that I have a Foreo. No more brush head replacements, and the Foreo is surprisingly easier for me to hold and use. It’s also more comfy against my skin, and I’m more inclined to let it gently glide against my face instead of press it hard into my skin. (It’s easy to press a Clarisonic too hard against my face.) 

I’ve founds lots of new-to-me and new-release makeup stuff, but none of those have drastically changed and improved my routines like these 2 items have. 

@WinglessOne As someone who also has a mixture of textures and porosity, I'm so happy you've found your holy grail! I'd run out and try it myself, but with my fine and wavy hair, it sounds a bit too heavy for me. 

@WinglessOne Wow, that’s so awesome that the Ouidad Curl Quencher was able to completely transform your hair routine like that. That’s honestly amazing. I’m so happy for you!

And count me in on the Foreo Luna Mini 2 bandwagon. I’ve had mine for about a year now and love it. No more brush head replacements, no more water or cleanser splattering during face cleansing or brush cleaning, no more micro-scratches (I have very sensitive skin), and the charges last practically forever! I’m so glad I bought mine, too!

Thanks @PinkEvergreen! I wish I’d known about the Foreo a year ago. Sounds like my skin’s not as sensitive as yours (I’m more in the “fairly sensitive” range: most of my skin’s tantrums are caused by various products/ingredients, lack of hydration/moisturization, dry weather, too much bacteria, not enough “good” bacteria, an imbalance in the force, etc.)—but I’m glad the Foreo works for you! It’s definitely done wonders for me. 

Now I need to decide what to do with my Clarisonic and all my spare brush heads. Think I’ll try to donate them. 

@WinglessOne I donated mine to a teen. He was ecstatic and his skin tolerates it well. It was so nice to see an improvement in his skin, especially during the tough high school years. Maybe you have a teen in your life that would appreciate it? 😊

I think my favorite discoveries from the last 6 month are OLEHENRIKSEN - Banana Bright Eye Crème and BAREMINERALS - Gen Nude Patent Liquid Lipstick - Addicted. The eye cream is just a nice eye cream, I feel like I try something new every time I need to run out, but I’ll be repurchasing this one. The BareMinerals is super pretty and wears well. It’s “patent” but it’s not shiny or sticky. Addicted is a beautiful dark rose perfect to transition to fall. 

@alexasteph I like the performance of the Ole Henriksen Banana Bright Eye Crème as well. I also really like the colour, texture, and the light fragrance. I get a hint of citrus and banana, but truly just a hint. It’s pricey but a little goes a very long way! 

@PinkEvergreen It doesn’t make my eyes water which is important to me! 

@PinkEvergreenyou have so many great thread ideas!  

My new favorite has been Grande Cosmetics GrandeLASH - MD Lash Enhancing Serum .067 oz / 2 mL..  It was included in the PLAY! BY SEPHORA - PLAY! SMARTS: Glitter Eyes for Real Life and I am about halfway through the period of time it should take to maximize lash growth.  My lashes are already way longer, i love it! 

testing