Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Best discovery of the last 6 months?

I always like hearing of other people’s product successes, so I thought I’d ask: What has been your best beauty product discovery of the last 6 months? 

Mine has been BECCA - Anti-Fatigue Under Eye Primer:A2495B22-105E-468D-A379-5BB52B80C29E.jpegUpon first application, I honestly thought it had done nothing. I shrugged, continued on with my usual morning makeup routine, and went about my day. Later in the day, however, I did a double take when I looked in a mirror and saw how improved my under eye area looked! After a couple weeks of daily use, a coworker even commented that I looked younger. Who doesn’t want to hear that once in a while 😁

Re: Best discovery of the last 6 months?

That's a great idea @CakesCakes 🙂

@CakesCakes Ooooo, good idea to use them as oil blotting sheets. It’s probably far more cost effective than the tiny little oil blotting papers I buy 😂 👍

@PinkEvergreen Yea I think it’s more cost effective too! 😁 I haven’t gone back to regular blotting papers since. 

@gingerleigh , @Llgc KIMWIPES!!!! In another life I worked in a lab for years and I STILL wish I had boxes of kimpwipes just laying around. Kimwipes, lab tape, sharpies everywhere and razor blades (for opening boxes), getting a little nostalgic for bench work! 

@gingerleigh I literally laughed out loud when I saw your post! I'm a chemist and we use Kimwipes all the time. Oddly we always had way more of them on hand at any given time than tissues, and so we always had an "office" box we would use in place of tissues for make-up related upkeep (and cleaning glasses etc), especially when we were running low on tissues. 

SECRET'S OUT  😉 😄 

@Llgc I find it so neat to hear about the diverse careers everyone has here! 😊

That's great! 🙂 I got the idea from my husband, he wanted them for cleaning his glasses -- he missed them from his physicist days, back before he switched to computer science. They are so handy to have around. @Llgc

Nice recommendation, @gingerleigh! Where do you buy these?

I get a 2-pack from Amazon for about 6 or 7 bucks, best deal I've found on them with free Prime shipping @PinkEvergreen

I think they are carried at office supply stores too

@gingerleigh Nice! Thanks for the tip 😊

Hi @greeneyedgirl107,

How do you like the CLINIQUE Pore Refining Solutions Charcoal Mask 3.4 oz/ 100 mL? I've been wanting to try it! 

Best Regards,

❤️ Raquel 

@RaquelBT I think it's excellent!  It's super easy to use, as it is silky, dries quickly, and washes off easily.  Most importantly, it has helped decrease blackheads that popped up out of nowhere for me from the hot/humid weather.

@greeneyedgirl107 - Thanks for this information! *starts running to my local Sephora store* lol. 🙂

Best Regards,

❤️ Raquel 

What do you like about it, @greeneyedgirl107? Is it better than other masks you’ve tried? What results do you notice? 😊

@PinkEvergreen I don't have much to compare it to since I hadn't masked in over ten years!  But BIC got me excited about them!  I used it b/c since the weather has been so hot/humid my blackheads were acting up (I had them under control for years) and I needed a little something extra.  This mask did the trick.  Plus, it dries quickly so I appreciate that I don't have a lot of down time.  And, it washed off effortlessly.  🙂

Best discovery of the last 6 months?

I've only been wearing makeup, regularly, for a year so everything is a new find (I had, basically, given up). Lol. But there have been a couple of greats in the past 6 months. • I'm in love with the Beauty Bakerie flour powders. Like...I actually feel some type of way when they're sold out and I've run out. It's that serious. Not only does it just melt into the skin, it pulls the look together and helps it last beautifully. • The other is a product line, Mented Cosmetics. They have nudes that I can actually wear all day. For me, it's not a simple "if it doesn't work wear a different color". If I wear makeup to work, it must be subdued and the lip must be as close to my natural lip color as possible. So, finding a nude lip that wasn't too pink, beige, purple, grey, etc. mattered quite a bit. Finding that line was really an impactful thing for me. They even have glosses that compliment my skin and aren't sticky. I wish others could feel my excitement when I first tried it on and it was a legit nude for me

@HazelEyedQueen I hear you! When I hit my 30s, my drugstore makeup started looking awful on my *gasp* middle-age skin 😅 I stopped wearing anything for a couple years out of frustration. 

Then I discovered the world of high-end makeup about two years ago, and my routine (and my wallet) has never been the same! So I’m relatively new to the scene as well, and am still discovering products and brands that I can trust. 

Thanks for sharing your discoveries. I sure hope Beauty Bakerie comes to Sephora one day! 

My 30s are making mr appreciate skincare! Lol. And Beauty...

My 30s are making me appreciate skincare! Lol. And Beauty Bakerie not only has great product but amazing customer service! One of my pans fell out of their bronzer/ highlight palette. I was outside of their grace window and they STILL took care of me!

Re: My 30s are making mr appreciate skincare! Lol. And Beauty...

@HazelEyedQueen I’ve heard that before about Beauty Bakerie. That’s such great customer service 😊

I've got two; one is a bit more of a re-discovery though!

The proper discovery is the BECCA Hydra-Mist Set & Refresh powder. This stuff really does feel wet (in a good way, promise!) and feels so cooling. It also helps my makeup not look cake-y or weird. It was a lifesaver while in FL for vacation in May! It felt so refreshing whenever I reapplied and helped me to not look so shiny with all the sunscreen. And sweat, haha.

The re-discovery is powder foundation. I found my UD Naked Skin powder foundation and gave it another try recently when I was having such a hard time with my other foundations. I can't for the life of me remember why I stopped using it. It was giving me way better results than my liquid foundations had been! I unfortunately used it all up and only just this weekend realized that UD discontinued their powder foundation! So now I'm on a mission to discover a new powder foundation to replace it. Also keeping an eye on places like Nordstrom Rack for the old ones. Had my sister check when she stopped by recently, and their had some of the Fair range, they only had Neutral and I need Cool. Wish me luck on finding a new powder foundation! I'm gonna need it.

2 Replies
testing