Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Best discovery of the last 6 months?

I always like hearing of other peopleโ€™s product successes, so I thought Iโ€™d ask: What has been your best beauty product discovery of the last 6 months? 

Mine has been BECCA - Anti-Fatigue Under Eye Primer:A2495B22-105E-468D-A379-5BB52B80C29E.jpegUpon first application, I honestly thought it had done nothing. I shrugged, continued on with my usual morning makeup routine, and went about my day. Later in the day, however, I did a double take when I looked in a mirror and saw how improved my under eye area looked! After a couple weeks of daily use, a coworker even commented that I looked younger. Who doesnโ€™t want to hear that once in a while ๐Ÿ˜

Re: Best discovery of the last 6 months?

@Kay522 That happens to me too! I go back to something I stopped using and ask myself, โ€œUh, this is awesome. Why did I stop using it??โ€ Good luck on your quest for a new powder foundation! โ˜˜๏ธ 

Thanks for the tip about the Becca mist. Iโ€™ll put it on my loves list for a rainy day (i.e. When I get Sephora gift cards for my birthday ๐Ÿ˜‰).

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder.  Everyone's been raving about it for years, but I didn't use a finishing powder and I thought my makeup looked fine, so why add more to my routine?  Plus, I had tried it in a Sephora store and didn't see any difference.  

I don't even remember why I finally decided to buy it, other than I just had this faith that it had to be good if so many people thought it was good.  After I put it on, my face just looks so radiant and beautiful.  Now the question I'm mulling over is whether it's worth my while to get it in different colors.  I have my eye on their palette.

https://www.sephora.com/product/ambient-lighting-powder-P377723?skuId=1483544&icid2=products%20grid:...

@IciclePop The powders didnโ€™t really work for me but Iโ€™m glad they do for you ๐Ÿ˜Š The one comment I would give about the palette is that the colours mix together very easily. You may see this as a pro or a con. Other than that, itโ€™s a very handy, compact package that packs a lot of product! 

Ooh, thanks for the tip, that's probably a con.  Maybe I'll just buy another single instead. 

Mine is the Sunday Riley UFO Oil.

If I could only pick one new product I've tried, it would be Missha's First Treatment Essence. It's so hydrating and absorbs quickly. Half a year has gone by now and I am down to the last 20% of the bottle so it lasts.

That's good to hear @pocketvenus, because I have a bottle I'm going to use as soon as my current essence is used up ๐Ÿ™‚

@suzyo, nice! It's very close to the SK-II if you have tried that one. I hope it works well for you ๐Ÿ™‚

https://www.sephora.com/product/nourishing-mask-P404916

My favorite this year has been the Amika Soulfood Mask. I only wash my hair once or twice a week and I've been trying out a few masks every time I wash it for a few months now ( 2 Kerastase masks, Madam CJ walker...). Every time I use the soulfood mask I have a fantastic hair day - no styling or leave in necessary! It doesn't weight my hair down, but keeps my waves controlled and well behaved.

I absolutely love this thread and I'm definitely ordering the olaplex after reading the comments ๐Ÿ™‚

@PinkEvergreen I have a bunch of recent product successes but my most surprsing one would have to be the Sephora Collection line itself. A few months ago I picked up a few products from the line, the Beauty Amplifier setting spray, the coconut water moisturizer, the coconut water cleansing cream, and the green tea makeup remover. I am so glad I tried out all of these products. The prices were great and the products surpassed all of my expectations!

https://www.sephora.com/product/micellar-cleansing-water-milk-P415436?skuId=1835438&icid2=products%2...

https://www.sephora.com/product/moisturizing-cream-P427348?skuId=1930866&icid2=products%20grid:p4273...

https://www.sephora.com/product/cleansing-exfoliating-cleansing-cream-P415437?skuId=1835396&icid2=pr...

https://www.sephora.com/product/beauty-amplifier-set-refresh-spray-P407323?skuId=1771781&icid2=produ...

@Glarson Iโ€™m totally with you there! I have lots of favourites from the Sephora Collection. One thing that makes me really sad is that the Sephora Micellar Cleansing Milk has been discontinued from Sephora Canada website ๐Ÿ˜• @RaquelBT, do you happen to know why? 

Hi @PinkEvergreen,

Us mods haven't been given information about this. I'm sorry! 

Best Regards,

โค๏ธ Raquel 

@PinkEvergreen The same thing is happening on the US site. One by one the different variations of the cleansing water are dropping off of the site, along with the variations of the Cleansing Creams. Which is so sad because I deeply love both products and don't know what I would use to replace them if they end up completely discontinued.

@Glarson @fieldsofclover Too bad. I really hope they replace them soon!

@PinkEvergreen It was on clearance down here for a long time... I think it's been discontinued altogether.

For me it would have to be Olaplex no3! I started using it at the end of January/beginning of February, and itโ€™s made a very noticeable difference in the health of my hair over the past 6 months. I canโ€™t wait to try out the shampoo and conditioner! ๐Ÿ˜„ 00E94168-F2EF-4246-AB0D-D1F48A96D0B5.jpeg

@bakeamuffin I just ordered this last week for the first time. Canโ€™t wait to try it! ๐Ÿ˜Š

I came to 3rd Olaplex! My hair and I have fought against each other for my entire life. This has really helped it get stronger and grow without damage. Also - looks like the Shampoo and Conditioner are available on the US side!

I came to second the Olaplex.  At first I didn't think it did anything but after using it consistently, my hair feels stronger and healthier.  Such a good product!

@michelleshops @scott1201 @bakeamuffin Now Iโ€™m REALLY excited about having ordered this!! So great to hear such great reviews from all of you. Thanks for sharing! โ˜บ๏ธ

RE: Best discovery of the last 6 months?

Born this way foundation. They previously didnโ€™t carry my shade. I pleasantly surprised that I found a match that seemed to melt into my skin
1 Reply
testing