Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Best discovery of the last 6 months?

I always like hearing of other peopleโ€™s product successes, so I thought Iโ€™d ask: What has been your best beauty product discovery of the last 6 months? 

Mine has been BECCA - Anti-Fatigue Under Eye Primer:A2495B22-105E-468D-A379-5BB52B80C29E.jpegUpon first application, I honestly thought it had done nothing. I shrugged, continued on with my usual morning makeup routine, and went about my day. Later in the day, however, I did a double take when I looked in a mirror and saw how improved my under eye area looked! After a couple weeks of daily use, a coworker even commented that I looked younger. Who doesnโ€™t want to hear that once in a while ๐Ÿ˜

Re: RE: Best discovery of the last 6 months?

@KNC24 Itโ€™s amazing how much shade ranges have expanded in so many brands this year, isnโ€™t it? 

Re: Best discovery of the last 6 months?

Hi All - 

My best discovery has to be the Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Betaยฎ Exfoliating Moisturizer. I love how this moisturizer is oil free and it keeps my skin moisturized without clogging my pores. I've been on the hunt for a holy grail moisturizer and this is definitely the one for me! This moisturizer leaves my skin feeling so smooth and if you're interested, it works well on all skin types! You can find it here > https://www.sephora.com/product/alpha-beta-r-exfoliating-moisturizer-P428942?skuId=2028587&icid2=pro...

Best Regards,

โค๏ธ Raquel

@RaquelBT Thanks for sharing! I donโ€™t think Iโ€™ve ever seen an exfoliating moisturizer before. Iโ€™m definitely going to add this to my โ€œmust tryโ€ list โ˜บ๏ธ

@PinkEvergreen - You're welcome! Please feel free to ask a Cast Member in store for a sample of this moisturizer if it's available at your local Sephora store. ๐Ÿ™‚

Best Regards,

โค๏ธ Raquel 

RE: Best discovery of the last 6 months?

For sure my Laura Mercier Flawless Fusion Foundation! I have the world's most finicky skin. It is super dry, yet rubbery and won't hold on to any product. I've been on the hunt for YEARS for my perfect foundation and this one has finally done it!

@Meghudecheck I hear you ๐Ÿ˜Š I actually use a custom concoction of several foundations and BB cream mixed together to deal with all my skinโ€™s quirks and oddball shade. Sounds crazy but it actually works amazingly well. I got the idea from watching Safiya Nygaardโ€™s channel lol...

So, congratulations on finding your Laura Mercier foundation soulmate!! ๐Ÿ˜

Ooooo mine are the Glow Recipe watermelon sleeping mask, the lotion and It Cosmetics your skin but better CC๐Ÿ˜

This is the closest Canada will get to Glow Recipe being readily available at the moment ๐Ÿ˜‚ saw this at winners in Vaughan mills Toronto

What a good find @mmmiu! Iโ€™m going to check out winners this week, I would be elated to find these!

@mmmiu I think I need to take a trip to Winners to see if mine has a magical unicorn a.k.a. the watermelon mask ๐Ÿ˜‚

@mmmiu Itโ€™s a step in the right direction!

@mmmiu I really hope Sephora Canada starts offering the watermelon mask soon!!   

As for the IT Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC Cream, Iโ€™ve been eyeing that for quite a while. Thanks for mentioning it, and thanks for your input as well, @Shosh85 ๐Ÿ˜Š

RE: Re: RE: Best discovery of the last 6 months?

Right!? Lol I've already made two shopping trips across the border this year and it's always on my list... Need my backups ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

@mmmiu I looove the IT CC cream! It feels so light and comfortable! I love that it doesnโ€™t dry me out and gives a nice, natural looking glow! ๐Ÿ™Œ

@mmmiu@Shosh85 same it's my everyday go to (heh).  I'm going to try the illumination CC tomorrow

Iโ€™ve been thinking about this the last couple of days, and a few of the products Iโ€™ve recently started using Iโ€™ve been impressed with are Kate Somerville ExfoliKate Cleanser, Ole Henriksen Banana Bright Eye Creme, and Too Faced Primed and Peachy.

I like the cleanser because it doesnโ€™t dry out my skin at all (Iโ€™ve had issues with changing skin and it seems every cleanser dries it out in some capacity), and it provides a gentle chemical exfoliation every time I use it. The eye cream just feels really nice! It smells good too. I am prone to watery and irritated eyes, especially in the summer, and from what I can tell, this doesnโ€™t contribute to it. Iโ€™ve used other eye creams that do. Finally, the primer simply works well. It does itโ€™s job. Since the weatherโ€™s been heating up, itโ€™s prevented me from getting super shiny. Thatโ€™s what I need a good matte primer to do. Keep the shine at bay, while playing well with my makeup and skincare and not being drying. 

@alexasteph I really like Ole Henriksen Banana Bright Eye Crรจme, too. Iโ€™ve been using it for months and the jar is still practically full because a little goes so far!

I have a sample of Too Faced Primed and Peachy. Iโ€™ll have to try it out soon! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Iโ€™ve got another product to add as of last night! I tried Lancรดme Teint Idole Camouflage Ultra Wear High Coverage Corrector in shade yellow and was truly amazed! ๐Ÿ˜ฒ

DD424A27-D021-4E36-A3DC-0AB864C5E7CA.jpeg

If you have brown hyperpigmentation, this makes it completely vanish with very little effort. It dries down perfectly and disappears the moment you apply foundation over top.  

I had tried the green shade and it worked well, too, but for redness. I didnโ€™t know that yellow would target my brown hyperpigmentation so well in comparison! 

If you want to read more about my experience with it, check out the review I wrote about it ๐Ÿ˜Š

Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Peels are amazing! It makes my skin sooo soft, smooth and bright without any irritation! It also helps to clear up acne/blemishes. They are a holy grail skincare product for me and will probably continue to use these forever now!!!๐Ÿ‘Œ

@Shosh85 Do you have sensitive skin? I do so Iโ€™m very cautious about using any kind of peel because it can cause quite the flare-up for me.

Iโ€™ve been on a mini-quest to find a gentle peel but Iโ€™m proceeding with great caution because my skin is already about 80% where I want it and I donโ€™t want a giant backward slide ๐Ÿ˜…

@PinkEvergreen Yes, I have sensitive skin and I was actually surprised these didnโ€™t irritate me!! These were sitting around for a long time because I was hesitant to try them! @itsfi went through the same thingโ€“ she has sensitive skin as well and it didnโ€™t irritate her either! ๐Ÿ‘Œ

12 Replies
testing