Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Best discovery of the last 6 months?

I always like hearing of other peopleโ€™s product successes, so I thought Iโ€™d ask: What has been your best beauty product discovery of the last 6 months? 

Mine has been BECCA - Anti-Fatigue Under Eye Primer:A2495B22-105E-468D-A379-5BB52B80C29E.jpegUpon first application, I honestly thought it had done nothing. I shrugged, continued on with my usual morning makeup routine, and went about my day. Later in the day, however, I did a double take when I looked in a mirror and saw how improved my under eye area looked! After a couple weeks of daily use, a coworker even commented that I looked younger. Who doesnโ€™t want to hear that once in a while ๐Ÿ˜

Re: Best discovery of the last 6 months?

@Shosh85 Nice!! Itโ€™s going on my loves list riiiight now ๐Ÿ˜ Thanks!!

@Shosh85 @itsfi Iโ€™m checking these out right now and Iโ€™m not sure which ones to get. There are a few kinds to choose from. Did you use the Universal Daily Peel ones? 

@PinkEvergreen I use the same Extra Strength ones displayed below. Thanks so much for sharing, @itsfi!  ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿค—

@PinkEvergreen, I have the Extra Strength Daily Peel pads.  I was going to start with the ones for sensitive skin but others here mentioned the extra strength ones should be fine since I had been using actives already - before moving to the DDG extra strength peel pads, I used the First Aid Beauty Radiance Pads almost every day; on days I didn't use those, I'd use mask or treatments that contained AHA/BHA in them. The extra strength pads have been fine for my sensitive skin - no breakouts or irritation -  my cheeks were a little dry after the first use, but not anymore; I don't use them everyday, but not because they are too strong, but more because I use other products with actives in them on other days. 

Is there a Sephora store near you?  If so, you might want to see if the store still has some of the DDG peel pads that were point perks, or you could ask them for a couple of packets of the peel pads to sample.

Thanks for the tag @Shosh85!

https://www.sephora.com/product/alpha-beta-peel-extra-strength-daily-peel-P269122

@itsfi Thanks for your reply! It just so happens that I have some of the extra-strength ones in my stash. I got them as a sample ages ago but was too afraid to use them ๐Ÿ˜… Iโ€™ll try one today! 

Oh good @PinkEvergreen; glad you found some samples!  I was going to send you a PM to ask if you wanted me to send you a couple of samples of the extra strength ones.  I previously posted about the DDG pads in a haul post last month and mentioned I was a bit nervous about whether my skin could handle the "extra strength" version and @MissPuff gave me a very helpful tip; she said (and I went to look for the post to cut and paste): "For the DDG pads, if the first pad causes too much stinging, use the second neutralizing pad sooner than the written 2 minutes."

The DDG extra strength peel pads have really been a game changer for me. I can tell when I use them how my skin has changed for the better and I can really tell when I haven't used them regularly.

@itsfi I agree, these are a game changer!! I love the tip from @MissPuff!๐Ÿ‘Œ

Im happy you found some to try, @PinkEvergreen!!! Iโ€™ll be interested to hear what your thoughts on them! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜Š

@Shosh85 I will let you know. Hopefully I wonโ€™t have a Wizard of Oz moment ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

0AF4B6D7-8DFC-47A9-8B85-41510D558EFF.gif

@PinkEvergreen Haha! Too funny! ๐Ÿ˜‚ I hope not too! 

@itsfi Aww, youโ€™re so sweet โ˜บ๏ธ Thank you for all the great information!!!

Chi Silk Infusion (hair serum/oil).  I NEVER thought I'd actually like a hair oil but this one is absolutely lovely--it's lightweight, doesn't make my hair feel greasy, leaves my hair incredibly soft, and it smells AMAZING.

@CookieGirl1 Do you buy this from Sephora? Iโ€™m asking because we donโ€™t seem to have it on Sephora Canada.

Finding the perfect hair oil is so exciting, isnโ€™t it? ๐Ÿ˜ I finally found mine this year: Verb Ghost Oil.

57FEF60E-826B-4F1C-9C16-EE878BE71F18.jpeg

I had tried to love Moroccanoil Treatment, but I found it way too heavy and too heavily perfumed. Ghost Oil, on the other hand, is so easy to use on freshly dried hair, and has almost no fragrance. Iโ€™m such a fan! 

Been really enjoying the Dr. Jart Cicapair Tiger Grass Color Correcting Treatment. I've been looking for something for light makeup days, and this has been great. It blurs my pores, evens out my skintone, and neutralizes some cheek redness. It doesn't feel heavy nor cling to my dry patches, and it lasts through the summer heat. It also provides a nice base for all my other face products. A little goes a long way w/ this product which is always a plus. 

The only downside is that if you're darker than NC/NW 42, this will prob look ashy on you. I'm about NC40 right now, and it's almost too light on me.

@gymgirl2 Oooh, I really love this product too, but I have the opposite problemโ€“ Iโ€™m super pale and itโ€™s actually just a little on the darker side for me! It sure does look and feel great though! 

@gymgirl2 I havenโ€™t heard of this product before. Iโ€™ll have to check it out. Thanks for sharing! ๐Ÿ˜Š

I love Dr Jart Premium Beauty Balm for the same reasons you mentioned. And the same caveat applies: very limited shade range. Iโ€™m not sure Dr Jart will join the shade inclusivity wave because itโ€™s a K-Beauty brand. 

@PinkEvergreen - Yeah, I was surprised how much I enjoyed this product. It really did do a "my-skin-but-better" kind of thing. If you're looking for coverage, this definitely isn't it. Also you have to okay w/ applying w/ your fingers. Hands/fingers are the only way to work the product into your skin.

IT cosmetics bye bye pores.  It really does blur and helps my makeup last in muggy summer weather.  I've already hit pan ๐Ÿ˜

@jbean90 Nice! You must not be the only one that loves this because itโ€™s currently sold out on Sephora Canada ๐Ÿ˜Š

Probably Glow Recipe's Watermelon Sleeping Mask. It reminds me of the Drunk Elephant T.L.C. Framboos Serum. It does the same thing for my skin at a fraction of the price, and the little jar I bought will last a really long time. I put it on before moisturizer and wake up to beautiful skin.

https://www.sephora.com/product/watermelon-glow-sleeping-mask-P420160?skuId=2025328&icid2=glowrecipe...

Screen Shot 2018-07-15 at 12.00.55 AM.png

@suzyo The Canadian site started stocking this not long before the sale, and I was able to pick up a jar before it sold out โ€” yay! I canโ€™t wait to try it ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Ooooh @PinkEvergreen I hope you love it as much as I do! 

1 Reply
testing